JUST the Stolen Documents/Mar-A-Lago/"Judge" Cannon Trial

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: The Politics of National Security

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

seacoaster wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:25 pm
old salt wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:01 pm
seacoaster wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:54 pm
Trinity wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:02 pm To accommodate Trump’s decision to speak at West Point, cadets will be called back, tested off campus, then isolated for 14 days in rooms with masks. They’ll eat in segregated groups. No decision on whether family members may attend.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/24/us/p ... point.html
He needs a stage with good optics. What’s the big deal with putting people to trouble or in peril. We just have TDS.
.:roll:. ...it was one of the options USMA leadership proposed. They had nearly 2 mos advance confirmation.
The graduating class has to go back anyway to collect their belongs & uniforms, turn in their gear & out process.
Most probably went on spring breal in their new cars & can drive back, rather than having to fly through NYC.
They can also fly ANG airlifts or charters into nearby Stewart AFB from hub airports around the country, so they don't have to fly through NYC.
WP houses > 4000 cadets, plenty of room for each to have his own room. They can study & take their finals during those 14 days.
The Army's still operating. The new 2nd Lt's will need to travel to their new units anyway,
Esper will probably lift the military travel restriction by then. This is the time of year when most change of station moves happen.
Sweet eye roll emoji. You know that this is an unnecessary thing for the President to do or convene. No one said anything about the newly commissioned getting their belongings, etc. It's that these cadets will simply constitute a prop -- little dressed up ornaments -- for Trump to speak AT.
College kids have to go back and pick up there the things, may as well have a graduation ceremony....

🦇🤡 has a blind spot.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
LandM

Post by LandM »

Why are you guys attacking service Academy graduates?
You all have never done it and are taking the President to task because you never had the ba$$s to go and do it. Cheap shot to the class of 2020. You all hate the guy so so much that you are taking cheap shots at young people who are going to save your bacon........shame on both of you, TLD grow some nads - YOUR BEST comment was your friends kid who graduated Top Gun and could not tell his old man what he did. Go read your post and then go figure out what he could not tell his old man. Your hatred is blinding.

MD - you got the wrong cadet and officer - I was suspended from AFA at the end of my freshmen year for one year; I graduated 910 out of 970; I bought a ring because it was that or go see the Sup; you have your head so far up your privileged buns that you can not not see the light for the day. I hope you keep Callahan if you have any say. He is a good person and an honest man. The last 3.5 years of my service I spent on camping trips - all over the world. Go join the peace corps and go do it. You ain't got the ba$$s.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

LandM wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:36 am Why are you guys attacking service Academy graduates?
You all have never done it and are taking the President to task because you never had the ba$$s to go and do it. Cheap shot to the class of 2020. You all hate the guy so so much that you are taking cheap shots at young people who are going to save your bacon........shame on both of you, TLD grow some nads - YOUR BEST comment was your friends kid who graduated Top Gun and could not tell his old man what he did. Go read your post and then go figure out what he could not tell his old man. Your hatred is blinding.

MD - you got the wrong cadet and officer - I was suspended from AFA at the end of my freshmen year for one year; I graduated 910 out of 970; I bought a ring because it was that or go see the Sup; you have your head so far up your privileged buns that you can not not see the light for the day. I hope you keep Callahan if you have any say. He is a good person and an honest man. The last 3.5 years of my service I spent on camping trips - all over the world. Go join the peace corps and go do it. You ain't got the ba$$s.
Nobody - I mean nobody - is attacking service academy graduates.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Wait till Trump wants the AFA to hold graduation at Turnberry.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
LandM

Post by LandM »

Trinity,
That would be fine if you the tax payer pays the trip and accommodations. You obviously never took that oath. Big difference between being a police officer in NY and being an officer in the military. But keep ranting on the guy. Someone called me a traitor out here for not voting for the two stooges on the last ballot. This time I may vote for Trump because of the constant drum beat out here. Even the damn football thread has Trump remarks. Man. let it go. So, I will gladly take that trip and thank you for paying your taxes.

BTW, I am thankful that I cannot be recalled. I can envision looking at a young kid who you the taxpayer paid well over $1 million to train him whine telling him to gear up saying, "I gotta contact my mommy and let her know where I am going and I will not really eat for 5 days and I am living off the land sucks and I want to come home mommy". Yeah ok let the internet and social media make those decisions.
old salt

Post by old salt »

More on the TR inquiry :
https://www.defenseone.com/politics/202 ... e_today_nl

The decision now rests with Esper, who received the recommendation verbally and will wait to make a decision until he reviews the written report, according to a statement from top Pentagon spokesman Jonathan Hoffman.

“The Navy’s inquiry covered a complex timeline of communications between Naval officers, as well as response efforts spanning a dozen time zones and multiple commands,” said one senior defense official who was not authorized to speak on the record during an ongoing and sensitive inquiry. “Although many in the media are focused on one aspect of the initial inquiry, it is in fact about more than one person. The Secretary wants to ensure that the report is thorough and can stand up under the rightful scrutiny of Congress, the media, the families and the crew of the Theodore Roosevelt, and the American people.”

The recommendation represents yet another dramatic turn in the saga surrounding the Roosevelt. Crozier’s removal by then-Acting Navy Secretary Thomas Modly earlier this month sparked a tumultuous series of events that culminated in Modly’s resignation.

“[Esper]’s going into this with an open mind and he’s generally inclined to support Navy leadership and their positions,” Hoffman told reporters in a morning briefing, before the defense secretary had received the Navy’s recommendation.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:28 pm
Trinity wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:02 pm To accommodate Trump’s decision to speak at West Point, cadets will be called back, tested off campus, then isolated for 14 days in rooms with masks. They’ll eat in segregated groups. No decision on whether family members may attend.

He needs a stage with good optics. What’s the big deal with putting people to trouble or in peril. We just have TDS.
.:roll:. ...it was one of the options USMA leadership proposed. They had nearly 2 mos advance confirmation.
The graduating class has to go back anyway to collect their belongs & uniforms, turn in their gear & out process.
Most probably went on spring breal in their new cars & can drive back, rather than having to fly through NYC.
They can also fly ANG airlifts or charters into nearby Stewart AFB from hub airports around the country, so they don't have to fly through NYC.
WP houses > 4000 cadets, plenty of room for each to have his own room. They can study & take their finals during those 14 days.
The Army's still operating. The new 2nd Lt's will need to travel to their new units anyway,
Esper will probably lift the military travel restriction by then. This is the time of year when most change of station moves happen.
Sweet eye roll emoji. You know that this is an unnecessary thing for the President to do or convene. No one said anything about the newly commissioned getting their belongings, etc. It's that these cadets will simply constitute a prop -- little dressed up ornaments -- for Trump to speak AT.
College kids have to go back and pick up there the things, may as well have a graduation ceremony....

🦇🤡 has a blind spot.
Blind spot = TDS myopia. Sore losers make everything about Trump.

After being cooped up for nearly 3 mos, I bet the graduating Cadets are happy to return to WP to see their friends one last time before they disperse around the world. Keep family & visitors away. This is a very special occasion, an indelible marker in their lives. Give these new warriors the send off they deserve. They'll soon face much greater risks than this. Can't keep them in a bubble forever.

I'm happy for the AF & Army grads that they are not denied this special occasion. I feel bad for the Navy Mids, although I'm told that plans are in the works to do something special for them.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:50 pm

🦇🤡 has a blind spot.
After being cooped up for nearly 3 mos, I bet the graduating Cadets are happy to return to WP to see their friends one last time before they disperse around the world. Keep family & visitors away. This is a very special occasion, an indelible marker in their lives. Give these new warriors the send off they deserve. They'll soon face much greater risks than this. Can't keep them in a bubble forever.

I'm happy for the AF & Army grads that they are not denied this special occasion. I feel bad for the Navy Mids, although I'm told that plans are in the works to do something special for them.
Yeah....I am sure the Robbie Moe seniors are cooped up too and would like to return for some R&R.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:50 pm I'm happy for the AF & Army grads that they are not denied this special occasion. I feel bad for the Navy Mids, although I'm told that plans are in the works to do something special for them.
The Air Force graduated class "shared" their flyover with the rest of the Colorado Front Range. They did a flyover that went close to right over our distillery on a Saturday on their way to the AFA in Colorado Spring.

It was SO cool, and a real shot in the arm for everyone in Colorado. Moving stuff.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

LandM wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:36 am Why are you guys attacking service Academy graduates?

Yikes, did I previously weigh in on this topic of graduation ceremony, LandM?

And what the heck did I EVER say about your service or record at AFA or beyond that has you riled up?

Come on, go at me if you want, but how about at least doing so with some connection to reality?

But, ok, you have my attention. I've now read the various posts in the thread regarding the graduation. I see absolutely nothing critical of these young people. Not in the slightest. If you want to show us exactly what you think someone said or meant, and were wrong, go for it, but please don't just rant wildly.

I do see criticism of Trump, but not because these graduates have done anything wrong or unworthy, indeed quite the opposite.

But perhaps you are ok with these young people, of for that matter any military service personnel, being used merely for political props? That's the opposite of respecting their commitments and sacrifices for this country, right?

And yeah, I'm rooting for Callahan to be successful at Dartmouth...feels like we're on a positive track now.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:54 pm
old salt wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:50 pm I'm happy for the AF & Army grads that they are not denied this special occasion. I feel bad for the Navy Mids, although I'm told that plans are in the works to do something special for them.
The Air Force graduated class "shared" their flyover with the rest of the Colorado Front Range. They did a flyover that went close to right over our distillery on a Saturday on their way to the AFA in Colorado Spring.

It was SO cool, and a real shot in the arm for everyone in Colorado. Moving stuff.
The Blues & T-Birds are doing it today from NYC metro ares to DE.
Typical Lax Dad

a fan wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:54 pm

I was in Chicago a couple of years ago and watched the jets fly up and down Michigan Ave and across Lake Michigan. They jets were taking test runs for the upcoming air show. It was fun and loud. We did not make the air show but my father took me to a couple growing up. He always liked the the Thunderbirds. Probably the only good thing he had to say about his time in the Air Force....that and working microwaves before people knew what it was.

A few years earlier in Chicago
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:00 pm But perhaps you are ok with these young people, of for that matter any military service personnel, being used merely for political props? That's the opposite of respecting their commitments and sacrifices for this country, right?
That says it all -- you're assuming the Cadets don't want to go back for graduation & that the Army can't do it safely.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:54 pm

🦇🤡 has a blind spot.

Yeah....I am sure the Robbie Moe seniors are cooped up too and would like to return for some R&R.
Why are so many of your posts leaning towards being spiteful?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:05 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:00 pm But perhaps you are ok with these young people, of for that matter any military service personnel, being used merely for political props? That's the opposite of respecting their commitments and sacrifices for this country, right?
That says it all -- you're assuming the Cadets don't want to go back for graduation & that the Army can't do it safely.
Please don't put words in my mouth...I think you've said that to me more than once.

I make no assumptions about either of your points.
Indeed, I find it quite likely that the Cadets would love to go back and to have a ceremony and I also believe it is at least possible that it could be pulled off 'safely', at least for the Cadets themselves. (less so for the older officers and staff, less so for anyone infected by carriers who are more vulnerable than these young people).

I see no reason to argue either point.

But I also don't think Trump could give two sh-ts as to what anyone else wants or will be safe doing.

If I'm not mistaken, West Point was taken quite off guard by Trump's pronouncement, not consulted in the slightest. With Annapolis having made the call not to do a ceremony yet.

But, of course, they're snapping to attention and will do their best to figure out how to pull it off as best they can. As we'd expect and want them to do, right?

Again, the critique is of Trump, not West Point or these Cadets.
At least that's what I glean from the thread's prior posts.
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:09 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:54 pm

🦇🤡 has a blind spot.

Why are so many of your posts leaning towards being spiteful?
# Not Making An Excuse For Trump is A Choice
Typical Lax Dad

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:13 pm
Please don't put words in my mouth...I think you've said that to me more than once.

Indeed, I find it quite likely that the Cadets would love to go back and to have a ceremony and I also believe it is at least possible that it could be pulled off 'safely', at least for the Cadets themselves.

But I also don't think Trump could give two sh-ts as to what anyone else wants or will be safe doing.

If I'm not mistaken, West Point was taken quite off guard by Trump's pronouncement, not consulted in the slightest. With Annapolis having made the call not to do a ceremony yet.

But, of course, they're snapping to attention and will do their best to figure out how to pull it off as best they can. As we'd expect and want them to do, right?

It will help his ratings.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:13 pm

Indeed, I find it quite likely that the Cadets would love to go back and to have a ceremony and I also believe it is at least possible that it could be pulled off 'safely', at least for the Cadets themselves. (less so for the older officers and staff, less so for anyone infected by carriers who are more vulnerable than these young people).

Have you spoken to a SA student this year? or for that matter any one that has graduated and asked them how they'd feel missing commissioning week? I personally know many that are upset and want them to figure it out.

Any chance Trump knows how important this is for them?....I know, know, no way, he just wants to prop up little girl and boy soldiers. And yet, people are upset little johnny can't run out the tunnel another year for his lax team and we have write letters to to argue why we owe them this.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
old salt

Post by old salt »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:25 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: ↑
Have you spoken to a SA student this year? or for that matter any one that has graduated and asked them how they'd feel missing commissioning week? I personally know many that are upset and want them to figure it out.

Any chance Trump knows how important this is for them?....I know, know, no way, he just wants to prop up little girl and boy soldiers. And yet, people are upset little johnny can't run out the tunnel another year for his lax team and we have write letters to to argue why we owe them this.
Yes MDLF76 you are mistaken. This is one of the options USMA planned out & recommended.

I hope USNA follows the lead of USAFA & USMA. It could be done safely in Bancroft Hall, marching into NMCMS for the ceremony.
Limit attendance. Vulnerable faculty & family members need not attend.

Butt out & let the Service Academies decide.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

I know a lot of SA recent grads, but no, haven't talked to any current students recently.
I'm sure they'd love to have a ceremony, though.
Didn't I say exactly that?

Not sure what the lax reference is, if directed at me.
I, too, think the 'upset' response to not being able to complete the season was misguided.
Heck of a lot more serious aspects!
Seemed like most folks figured that out pretty quickly.

Indeed, I think these SA young folks would figure that out too.
In fact, I'd be darn surprised if most of them hadn't already.

But yeah, as to Trump I think this has ZERO to do with doing something for the young folks.
They don't need him for a ceremony...

Return to “POLITICS”