I HATE THE ACC NETWORK

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Redbirds

I HATE THE ACC NETWORK

Post by Redbirds »

Or maybe it is comcast that I hate. I really would love to be watching the Notre Dame or Syracuse game right now. So many good games I don't have access to anymore. I know I can get YouTubeTV or Sling among other options, but I already pay enough for comcast. Grrrrrrrrrrr
ICGrad

Re: I HATE THE ACC NETWORK

Post by ICGrad »

So cancel Comcast and get Sling instead. I did, and I couldn't be happier. I pay a tiny fraction of what I once did, and have a tv package which is much more in tune with what I actually watch.

Not only that, unlike with Comcast, my monthly fee hasn't gone up. With Comcast, I would get an introductory bargain rate, and then the rate would go up and up and up. Started @ $99/mo (for tv/phone/internet) and was a whopping $215 when I finally cut the cord. It seemed like every time I opened my bill, it was $5 more than the previous bill. (I still have internet, but the pricing there seems much less volatile, and with far fewer fees and taxes than the tv package had).

AND...once lacrosse and basketball season is over (my son is a huge basketball fan), I cancel Sling for 6 months or so until I feel like I need it. No installation charges, no cancellation charges. Easy...
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Yea...F the ACC Network and F ESPN. College sports has turned into a big cluster F when it comes to wanting to watch your kids play or just tune into an event. Patriot League seems like the only league that supports the players and their families when it comes to quality, free online streaming.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

ICGrad wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:53 pm So cancel Comcast and get Sling instead.
Agreed.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
old salt

Post by old salt »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:16 pm Yea...F the ACC Network and F ESPN. College sports has turned into a big cluster F when it comes to wanting to watch your kids play or just tune into an event. Patriot League seems like the only league that supports the players and their families when it comes to quality, free online streaming.
Yep !
belichick

Post by belichick »

If you have a smart TV you can download the ESPN app and watch all the games on that.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

For those with Direct TV where ACC Network is available, do you all still have to pay for the ACC Network package? My neighbor has Direct TV and can not find the Cuse game. It says the ACC network HD channel is 612, but that is womens hoops game right now.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
ICGrad

Post by ICGrad »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:16 pm Yea...F the ACC Network and F ESPN. College sports has turned into a big cluster F when it comes to wanting to watch your kids play or just tune into an event. Patriot League seems like the only league that supports the players and their families when it comes to quality, free online streaming.
Turned into? Unlike...back in that day? The glory days of the 70s and 80s when all lacrosse games (and all collegiate sports, period) were broadcast online for free? Huh?
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:06 pm For those with Direct TV where ACC Network is available, do you all still have to pay for the ACC Network package? My neighbor has Direct TV and can not find the Cuse game. It says the ACC network HD channel is 612, but that is womens hoops game right now.
Have DirecTv. I do have ACC Network. But have to watch the game on stream with ESPN app with my directv login
laxjuris

Post by laxjuris »

belichick wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:01 pm If you have a smart TV you can download the ESPN app and watch all the games on that.
Not in my case, as I’m blacked out with my Spectrum subscription. I get BTN and PAC12, so it’s odd that the ACC network is an extra charge above my already exorbitant cable bill.
10 10 2

Post by 10 10 2 »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:06 pm For those with Direct TV where ACC Network is available, do you all still have to pay for the ACC Network package? My neighbor has Direct TV and can not find the Cuse game. It says the ACC network HD channel is 612, but that is womens hoops game right now.
The Cuse game is on ACC Network Extra (ACCNX), which is different from ACC Network. Same for the Notre Dame-Richmond game. Pretty sure you can only watch it through a streaming app like Watch ESPN if you have Satellite/Cable and the premium sports package.
cantrelax

Post by cantrelax »

Ryan Powell's "scintillating" Orange tinged commentary? "___ is really not playing good today!"
JeremyCuse

Post by JeremyCuse »

10 10 2 wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:42 pm
The Cuse game is on ACC Network Extra (ACCNX), which is different from ACC Network. Same for the Notre Dame-Richmond game. Pretty sure you can only watch it through a streaming app like Watch ESPN if you have Satellite/Cable and the premium sports package.

ACCNX is the ACC network it just means that the game is only available online through the watch ESPN app. To answer someone else's question above the ACC network is available on the regular watch espn app if you have the Acc network as part of your regular cable package. If you dont it will be blacked out.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

if you are blacked out (as i am with comcast), you can often pick up the acc network with:

http://yoursports.stream/live?v=acc

hit the small x in between and to the right of the download and watch now tabs (that is, don't hit those 2 tabs). can be casted to your tv, etc.

ACCExtra -- don't have an angle on yet.
laxxygilmore

Post by laxxygilmore »

old salt wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:42 pm
Yep !
Yep! Yep! ... Especially nice that the PLN doesn't torture viewers at halftime with the lame "up close and personal interviews", while "driving around campus" or "giving bad haircuts". Ugh.
JBFortunato

Post by JBFortunato »

Two very intriguing matchups tonight, but if you have Xfinity you can't watch them on the ACC Network.

Very unfortunate situation. I have been reluctant to sit down and figure out the alternative, but I may just have to do it.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Youtube TV covers ACCN and BIG, but not the plus versions of either.
NElaxtalent

Post by NElaxtalent »

JBFortunato wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:00 am Two very intriguing matchups tonight, but if you have Xfinity you can't watch them on the ACC Network.

Very unfortunate situation. I have been reluctant to sit down and figure out the alternative, but I may just have to do it.
This worked for me:
wgdsr wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:33 pm if you are blacked out (as i am with comcast), you can often pick up the acc network with:

http://yoursports.stream/live?v=acc

hit the small x in between and to the right of the download and watch now tabs (that is, don't hit those 2 tabs). can be casted to your tv, etc.

ACCExtra -- don't have an angle on yet.
flyerfan17

Post by flyerfan17 »

ESPN Plus for 5 bucks a month every spring. Both games on tonight and Army-Cuse was on last Sunday. Streaming
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

flyerfan17 wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:08 pm ESPN Plus for 5 bucks a month every spring. Both games on tonight and Army-Cuse was on last Sunday. Streaming
Cuse game was some flavor of ACC Network, not ESPN+. I have ESPN+ and was pissed I could not watch it.
~Livy

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”