ODAC 2020

D3 Mens Lacrosse
BridgewaterLax

Re: ODAC 2020

Post by BridgewaterLax »

Bridgewater has definitely shown improvement. Looking forward to a great 2020!
BridgewaterLax

Post by BridgewaterLax »

See you on the 25th boys...
Dehuntshigwa’es

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

BridgewaterLax wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:54 pm Bridgewater has definitely shown improvement. Looking forward to a great 2020!
Quality win in your first go around against HSC last year. What have they been able to build upon this season? Any promising freshman. Head Coach is experienced
dingdongdman

Post by dingdongdman »

Looks like it will be another disappointing year for Roanoke. Roanoke down 14-5 at halftime against CNU, they are getting dominated all across the field.
thescottharris

Post by thescottharris »

Jesus Roanoke.
dingdongdman

Post by dingdongdman »

Tough day for HSC as well Scott, currently down 7-4 to Catholic. Catholic being a pretty average/mediocre team. As of now ODAC looks pretty weak. :(
Pitt12

Post by Pitt12 »

Maybe they took their scrimmages too seriously. :lol:
FapTitan

Post by FapTitan »

thescottharris wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:49 pm Jesus Roanoke.
Would take getting crushed by CNU any day over losing to Catholic. Really hope this doesn't hold up. Personally don't think it will.
Dehuntshigwa’es

Roanoke giving up 24 to CNU, not good for the ODAC..Goalie stats are frightening. Must be the Coronavirus.
. HSC needs to beat CNU, please !
Last edited by Dehuntshigwa’es on Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wall Ball1

Post by Wall Ball1 »

CNU hosts H-SC on Saturday in Newport News. This is always a tough game for both teams. CNU is on a 2 game winning streak with a 4-2 Home Record against HSC. The Captains are 6-2 the past 8 games.
FapTitan

Post by FapTitan »

Great comeback tonight against Catholic. While they should not have put themselves in that position, the second half effort shows the will and will only help develop the team for the rest of the year. Jared Medwar showed why he should be in contention for at least HM AA, but more likely 3rd team. Although it wasn't pretty the whole time, got the job done.
Nothinbutthelax

Post by Nothinbutthelax »

Didn’t see the HSC game and 1st thought it had to be an away game .. Looks like a really poor 2nd quarter. They dominated FO but only generated 37 shots? Gave up 3-5 mandown goals and had 19 TO’s.. gotta clean that up and play 60 minutes in order to give CNU a game.
NOKE.. jeez. Seems like they are really struggling. Really hope they pull out of this tailspin..
Guilford best Catholic too. Maybe they are on the upswing?
Jakes

Post by Jakes »

Nothing at all against the Noke goalies, but I think today was an example of how under appreciated Davies was in his years as starter.
thescottharris

Post by thescottharris »

dingdongdman wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:55 pm Tough day for HSC as well Scott, currently down 7-4 to Catholic. Catholic being a pretty average/mediocre team. As of now ODAC looks pretty weak. :(
The game is 4 quarters, not 2
Dehuntshigwa’es

thescottharris wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:18 pm
dingdongdman wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:55 pm Tough day for HSC as well Scott, currently down 7-4 to Catholic. Catholic being a pretty average/mediocre team. As of now ODAC looks pretty weak. :(
Like the way HSC fought back in this contest. This was a young group last year. The CNU contest will show how much they in fact have grown. This could be a good one!!!
dingdongdman

Post by dingdongdman »

thescottharris wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:18 pm
You are correct Mr. Scott, granted I would have enjoyed seeing HSC winning by a few more. Nevertheless, glad they were able to pull out a win for the ODAC.
thescottharris

Post by thescottharris »

Nothinbutthelax wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:39 pm Didn’t see the HSC game and 1st thought it had to be an away game .. Looks like a really poor 2nd quarter. They dominated FO but only generated 37 shots? Gave up 3-5 mandown goals and had 19 TO’s.. gotta clean that up and play 60 minutes in order to give CNU a game.
NOKE.. jeez. Seems like they are really struggling. Really hope they pull out of this tailspin..
Guilford best Catholic too. Maybe they are on the upswing?
H-SC appears to be going for shot quality instead of shot quantity this year. I didn’t watch the first game because I was doing other stuff that day, but thru two games they have an SOG% of 69.7%. Having such a high SOG% is going to result in more one-shot possessions, in theory at least.

I count 30 one-shot possessions that resulted in either a goal or a save thru two games, 23 of which were for goals. And they’ve scored 32 goals, so that’s 72% of their scoring possessions have required only one shot. My educated guess is that is probably a pretty high %

They had numerous turnovers early in the possession before the offense could really do anything. Stats say they were 15-15 clearing but I definitely know that isn’t accurate. Also had, I believe, three turnovers almost immediately after winning a face off.

The scoring/shooting/distributing talent and face off talent is there for the offense to be really good, they just need to work on cutting down on the sloppy play. Seems like many of them have been from some trying to do too much, at least in my opinion, which is thankfully a lot more fixable than turnovers resulting from players being incapable of being better.
SixBySix

Post by SixBySix »

thescottharris wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:24 pm H-SC appears to be going for shot quality instead of shot quantity this year. I didn’t watch the first game because I was doing other stuff that day, but thru two games they have an SOG% of 69.7%. Having such a high SOG% is going to result in more one-shot possessions, in theory at least.
While I don't think the overall analysis is wrong, I would advise caution on the assumption that a high SOG % indicates higher quality shots. Many bad, forced shots are stick-side high or into the keeper's chest, while many high-quality, well-placed, time-and-room shots just miss the pipe. Shots-per-goal would probably be the closest measure to shot quality that I can think of, and even that has a lot of noise from the opposing GK's play.
SouthernLax

Post by SouthernLax »

These are 18 to 22 year olds we are watching that many of whom were stars in high school, so ego and entitlement can be a problem on any team if allowed. The unfortunate reality is that many times you have older players that haven't been the star and now they think it is finally their time to be the "man" and they make selfish, poor decisions that ultimately hurt the team. And then you have younger guys that feel if they don't make a play (an LSM taking a bad shot(s) trying to score a goal for example), they will lose their playing time or even their spot ... again, more selfish, poor decisions. Coaches job to make sure that every guy clearly knows what their job is ... and hold them accountable if they don't execute and get it.
Laxfan69

Post by Laxfan69 »

SouthernLax wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:20 am These are 18 to 22 year olds we are watching that many of whom were stars in high school, so ego and entitlement can be a problem on any team if allowed. The unfortunate reality is that many times you have older players that haven't been the star and now they think it is finally their time to be the "man" and they make selfish, poor decisions that ultimately hurt the team. And then you have younger guys that feel if they don't make a play (an LSM taking a bad shot(s) trying to score a goal for example), they will lose their playing time or even their spot ... again, more selfish, poor decisions. Coaches job to make sure that every guy clearly knows what their job is ... and hold them accountable if they don't execute and get it.
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”