D3 Mens Lacrosse
MrLax2U

Re: FanLax Forum Poll

Post by MrLax2U »

That is my poll from last week.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

This is what you submitted on 2020-02-09 20:29:58 (below). And you didn't submit another.

MrLax2U
Cabrini
Amherst
Williams
Tufts
York (PA)
Salisbury
RIT
Wash. & Lee
Denison
Union (NY)
Gettysburg
Lynchburg
Franklin & Marshall
Stevens
Chris. Newport
Ill. Wesleyan
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

Dehuntshigwa’es wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:56 pm ...
According to your own polling methodology you could not place York higher than 4th in the NESCAC
I know, but that is where I have them now, what was discussed is where they would finish.
It’s really neither here nor there, I was just grinding your gears a bit.
I can’t wait for more games to get going.
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
LibertyL

Post by LibertyL »

Everyone has Union NY too high. They lost some important pieces. IMO they are
the most overrated team this preseason but everyone seems to love them.
Redbirds

Post by Redbirds »

Unions ranking fate will be decided early march when they play Williams, Springfield and SJF in a row
Dehuntshigwa’es

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

Key games this week that can shake up the polls, Ursinus Stevenson, ... Lynchburg, F&M ,... W&L, Denison .
Zonesurgeon

Post by Zonesurgeon »

Dehuntshigwa’es wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:46 pm Key games this week that can shake up the polls, Ursinus Stevenson, ... Lynchburg, F&M ,... W&L, Denison .
Hoping to get a chance to watch at least parts of 2/3 of these games. These are all good games that will have impact come at large bid selection time. I think Ursinus proves to be too much with all those points returning and takes the game 13-10.

The Lynchburg-F&M and W&L-Denison games are interesting because I believe that both F&M and Denison are the slightly better teams on paper in these two matchups, but both ODAC teams have a game under their belt. That one game to work out some kinks and get new starters to get some time is incredibly valuable. Curious to see how the faceoff matchup plays out in the Lynchburg-F&M game as Lynchburg got torched last game, but against the best FOGO in the country. Think F&M takes this one 12-11 in OT.

Don't know what to expect from Denison. They lost over 50% of their points from last year to graduation, but top programs always have guys coming up. Jack Taylor looked phenomenal in net last game and will serve as a strong core to the defense. The midfield should certainly produce more this game than last game given the talent in the group. If the Generals can keep Pittroff and the Denison attack at bay, and limit themselves to 18 turnovers at most, they should be able to take this one with the control they will have at the faceoff x. However, thinking those things will happen, and them actually happening are two very different things. Denison 13-W&L 11
Fandadof3laxers

Post by Fandadof3laxers »

What does anyone know about Dickinson this year? Anyone see some scrimmages and can weigh in?
ah23

Post by ah23 »

Matnum PI wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:43 pm ah23, added you to the Poll and e-mailed you the password. This is where you submit your poll. By midnight every Monday.
Great, looking forward to it.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

1. Polls due on Monday Night at Midnight.
2. You may want to have a Poll in hand to work off of. Trying to remember your Top Teams week-after-week is not a simply task.
3. You can now have your submitted Poll e-mailed to you so you can see your Poll. BUT... You will not have access to this functionality until after Feb. 18th.
Caddy Day
MrLax2U

Post by MrLax2U »

As the 2020 season progresses my rankings are starting to shift. #1 to 7 remain the same.

Denison moves to #8 with an impressive win over W&L which falls out. I still think we’ll see the Generals in May but…..

Rhodes moves to #10 with impressive next day victories including Illinois Wesleyan today. Expect their zone to give the Gulls problems when they meet or maybe the Gull snipers will pick it apart.

Ursinus, Elizabethtown and Dickinson joined and I end with LYN which rebounded with an impressive win over F&M.

My head tells me #6 Salisbury and #8 Denison should be ranked higher but my heart says wait til the nattering NESCAC nabobs start their season before touching them.
ergit

Post by ergit »

I doubt Rhodes is even a top 20 team, let alone a top 10 team. No offense intended, beating IWU and everyone else in the SAA doesn’t cut it. Aside from the upcoming game against Salisbury, their schedule is soft. It was soft last year as well. You can’t be top 10 until you play and beat some top 10 teams.
Dr. Pretorious

Post by Dr. Pretorious »

ergit wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:27 pm I doubt Rhodes is even a top 20 team, let alone a top 10 team. No offense intended, beating IWU and everyone else in the SAA doesn’t cut it. Aside from the upcoming game against Salisbury, their schedule is soft. It was soft last year as well. You can’t be top 10 until you play and beat some top 10 teams.
100% agree.
Then again to have Rhodes at #10 while having Salisbury not even in the top 5 ...
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

My poll changes:

Ursinus & Stevenson swap (#15 & #19)

F&M & Lynchburg swap (#11 & #13)

W&L going 0-2 begins to slide, dropping back 1 spot to #13. They had a tough 2 games to start with, against superior competition. However, being winless changes the dynamics of the practices, the bus rides, and the locker room. They’ve pulled out of tough starts before, but with some different players and some different coaches. I haven’t lost hope, hence the ranking, but only time will tell.

Wins for others against unranked teams change nothing in my poll.

More will be known as the landscape of the North begins to take shape.
Dehuntshigwa’es

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

https://www.uslaxmagazine.com/college/m ... iii-top-20
Rhodes, St Lawrence, don’t see it
remote

Post by remote »

Dehuntshigwa’es wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:36 pm https://www.uslaxmagazine.com/college/m ... iii-top-20
Rhodes, St Lawrence, don’t see it
The US lax magazine is a joke ranking!
They have desales in there as also considered?
Desales lost to Montclair 11-3 and are 0-1
They drop W&L completely? W&L isn’t considered?
F&M still considered at 14 after laying a huge egg vs Lynchburg?
Jonathan Sigal needs some tuning up on his information!

This is why the forum poll is so much better, people on here know much more that the “professionals”
ah23

Post by ah23 »

Some random thoughts about the big games last weekend:

Denison beats W&L:
Denison losing all those contributors from last year and still coming out guns blazing in Game 1, on the road, against a Top 20 opponent is impressive. Tough start for W&L - hard to dock them too much for two competitive Top 10 losses (tied entering the 4th vs. York, close throughout vs. Denison). Their schedule moving forwards is no cakewalk.

Lynchburg beats F&M:
I'm...cautiously impressed by Lynchburg's start. The Salisbury game wasn't quite as close as the score looks, but I'm not too worried that the Hornets didn't upset the preseason #1. Completely dismantling F&M was a great response - offense was prolific and the defense was more than fine. Dips had no answer - every time they tried to make a run, Lynchburg put in a few of their own. F&M has some work to do.

Ursinus beats Stevenson:
Can't tell how to evaluate this one. On one hand, I don't think Stevenson is anything more than a very fringe top twenty team - they struggled to stay with good teams all throughout 2019 (and have for several years now), and some of their top players' numbers (and thus how dangerous you might expect them to be against quality opponents) are misleading because they are inflated by stat-padding in blowouts. On the other hand...Ursinus is a pretty good team, and this was a really entertaining, close game. The Mustangs' upcoming schedule will likely take care of this dilemma for me.

Ranked Team beats Cupcake:
Taking care of business always beats the alternative.

Very happy D-III lacrosse is back. Great slate of games this week. After an interesting Roanoke-CNU game on Wednesday, Saturday features Salisbury-Gettysburg, Cabrini-Lynchburg, RIT-Bates, and York-Stevenson.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

D3 Men Forum Poll (Feb 17, 2020)

Caddy Day
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

I like it. Some questionable additions, some laughable omissions. But bias’ and all, I like it.

Can’t wait to see some of these 0-0 teams start to earn the rankings they’ve been comfortably idling at.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

DeepPocket wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:55 pm But bias’ and all, I like it.
That's exactly it. It's so early, you can't argue with subjective biases. It just is what it is...
Caddy Day

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”