ODAC 2020

D3 Mens Lacrosse
FapTitan

Re: ODAC 2020

Post by FapTitan »

smmtiger wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:29 pm
FapTitan wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:09 pm All you W&L fan boys are so damn soft it's rediculous. Never learned how to keep your mouth shut and are consistently obnoxious. You guys are going to have a rude awakening for you when Medwar and the rest of the pump you guys for a Tigers win.
It's understandable that they are a little salty. They're not even the best program in Lexington. Hopefully, this season gives you a nice little jumpstart for next year's Lee-Jackson.
Amen :lol: :lol: :lol:
Zonesurgeon

Post by Zonesurgeon »

smmtiger wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:29 pm
FapTitan wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:09 pm All you W&L fan boys are so damn soft it's rediculous. Never learned how to keep your mouth shut and are consistently obnoxious. You guys are going to have a rude awakening for you when Medwar and the rest of the pump you guys for a Tigers win.
It's understandable that they are a little salty. They're not even the best program in Lexington. Hopefully, this season gives you a nice little jumpstart for next year's Lee-Jackson.
Think a program coming off a season where they lost to Bridgewater should be a little more concerned about their own capabilities than that of W&L or Lynchburg. Then again talk js cheap so we will see what happens. (Oh the irony)
dingdongdman

Post by dingdongdman »

JBFortunato wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:47 pm
Pitt12 wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:41 pm
dingdongdman wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:16 pm
Tactful Lax wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:12 pm None of you ODAC boys could win the CAC.
Nobody asked.
They could win a scrimmage.
:lol:
You guys are so cute haha. Good luck this season.
Pitt12

Post by Pitt12 »

dingdongdman wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:20 pm
JBFortunato wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:47 pm
Pitt12 wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:41 pm
dingdongdman wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:16 pm
Tactful Lax wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:12 pm None of you ODAC boys could win the CAC.
Nobody asked.
They could win a scrimmage.
:lol:
You guys are so cute haha. Good luck this season.
To the ODAC as well. Would love to see Lynchburg takedown Salisbury.
Nothinbutthelax

Post by Nothinbutthelax »

Was keeping an eye on W&L and though at 9-8 their nose was in the wind but slipped..

LYN lost 25-29 FOs. Tried 5 guys, 2 poles. 2 wins were on violations. To much pressure on what appears to be an excellent D. Goalie looks good. Gulls stung corners and had a couple rebound goals that ball bounced their way.
SSDM’s especially looked good reminding me of the offensive minded guys on the 2015 team.
Offense looks strong, had a few point blank opportunities stuffed or blown. Middie Colin Dean got blanked, that won’t happen again.. Attackman Kyle Lewis who saw lots of time last year was sidelined with a cast on left hand but next man up looked good...
16 GBs was way low.. back to F/O issue that must be aging Coach K as I type..

HSC hung 21 on MW but to let 13 in on that team seems that defense is where they need improvement.

Lots to learn from playing top teams.. On to next week..
Dehuntshigwa’es

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

Gritty win by York today. 25TO’s and the teams inexperience showed at times. There’s no respite, Denison is up next!
JBFortunato

Post by JBFortunato »

Dehuntshigwa’es wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:55 pm Gritty win by York today. 25TO’s and the teams inexperience showed at times. There’s no respite, Denison is up next!
Hodgson went 15-22, and yet York outshot W&L 49-35 and beat them 13-9. York blanked them 4-0 in the fourth.

Tough day for the Generals. :o
richard

Post by richard »

Face off numbers did not lead to possessions. Add the turnovers in and slow slides to the ball and you have problems.
Dehuntshigwa’es

YORK was 3 out 4 I believe when man up. W&L couldn’t draw a slide . York has 13 caused TO’s...Generals are going to struggle without a legit Xattackman
luxlaxbro

Post by luxlaxbro »

LC better get the FOGO straightened out - losing 95% of the FO is unacceptable at elite D3 level. The gulls FOGO was good but he was not that good. Otherwise I thought it was an ok day for the Hornets. Goalie did decent job given the poor FO win % and that he was subject to 300 shots. Offense was ok - they have some work to do. F/M up next and this won’t be easy game either.
Zonesurgeon

Post by Zonesurgeon »

luxlaxbro wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:22 pm LC better get the FOGO straightened out - losing 95% of the FO is unacceptable at elite D3 level. The gulls FOGO was good but he was not that good. Otherwise I thought it was an ok day for the Hornets. Goalie did decent job given the poor FO win % and that he was subject to 300 shots. Offense was ok - they have some work to do. F/M up next and this won’t be easy game either.
That was an asinine statement. Not that LC better figure out faceoffs, but that the SU fogo is "not that good." He went 34 of 48 in two games against Sasso for York last year who took it to every other fogo he faced off against including W&l's all American. Maybe Lynchburg does need to figure out the faceoff situation, but Salisbury's fogo is also the best in the country.
Nothinbutthelax

Malamphey won ever clamp, had 16 GB most clean right off FO. His strength was apparent but his technique/form is excellent. Didn’t pinch and pop, all controlled clamps almost immediately then used body to guard his GBs. Only a few times LYN was able to create a scrum but he never gave up his advantage an is really good off the ground... The 2 poles LYN tried failed equally. Maybe by design or maybe to LYN credit he didn’t turn upfield, almost all played back to goalie or a pole and LYN did create a few TO’s. He seemed to know exactly where he was and was quickly off the field.
He was that good IMHO. If LYN FO’s improves at F&M it will reaffirm. If not it’s a long season..
Dehuntshigwa’es

Lynchburg is putting on a clinic against F&M. Dips came out flat. Bugs first mid line is very good and Robinson on attack has really upped his game. Freshman goalie for Dips but it’s not his fault. Lburg has done a nice job on Keating. Good game for W&L to be taking a look at. 20-8 with clock left .
Nothinbutthelax

Coach K cycling in his bench and F&M added 1 late. F&M in trouble on defensive. They were lost more than a few times. Agree that their goalie isn’t the problem. He made a few nice point blank saves.
Agree on Lynchburg 1st line Mids. 2nd line produced too.. I was more pleased with the the defense against a good offense. Aggressive, good in transition and off the ground. SSDM’s and LSMs solid and our goalie looked good. Robinson’s attack partner #7 Kyle Lewis still sidelined. His cast appeared to be off. Getting him back will add more pop to a lot of weapons on O..Need another guys who can turn the corner.
Would like to see W&L roll Denison tomorrow too!
Dehuntshigwa’es

Nothinbutthelax wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:11 pm Coach K cycling in his bench and F&M added 1 late. F&M in trouble on defensive. They were lost more than a few times. Agree that their goalie isn’t the problem. He made a few nice point blank saves.
Agree on Lynchburg 1st line Mids. 2nd line produced too.. I was more pleased with the the defense against a good offense. Aggressive, good in transition and off the ground. SSDM’s and LSMs solid and our goalie looked good. Robinson’s attack partner #7 Kyle Lewis still sidelined. His cast appeared to be off. Getting him back will add more pop to a lot of weapons on O..Need another guys who can turn the corner.
Would like to see W&L roll Denison tomorrow too!
With one of the top 3 fogo’s in the country, very good goalie and being deep at midfield I hope so. Denison unless they found someone really good will struggle at the dot. W&L mids are better I believe and attack is adequate. Shut off Pitroff and let someone else beat you. I think that would cause big problems for Denison on the shot click. If Kris’s is still out I’d definitely shut him off. Hope having a game under their belt is an advantage. I also hope they keep two of the younger ssdm’s ( in terms of experience) on the sidelines, I want a heavy dose of cannon, londrey and Alison perhaps... Witherel had a nice game can he do it again ? Somebody needs to beat their man and draw a slide out there. No one pressed to the cage. Koch hopefully cleaned things up this week.#17 more burn or at least man up, he was open a lot in the last game. AJ would have had a field day with him
Nothinbutthelax

I’d have to say that 1st tough game for LYN definitely benefited them.
Thinking the same will be true for the Generals. Film study will go a long way to a 13-11 win...
Zonesurgeon

Post by Zonesurgeon »

Lynchburg is the real deal. Might see them late in the tournament this year. As a very passionate (and impulsive) fan, not all the takes are accurate. I think that Lynchburg will make noise late this year though. Coaching is always A+ and the talent is there.
Dr. Pretorious

Post by Dr. Pretorious »

Zonesurgeon wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:38 pm Lynchburg is the real deal. Might see them late in the tournament this year. As a very passionate (and impulsive) fan, not all the takes are accurate. I think that Lynchburg will make noise late this year though. Coaching is always A+ and the talent is there.
I'd pump the brakes a little on Lynchburg. Admittedly they looked good against F&M, but not so much against Salisbury ... Guess it depends on how you define "late in the tournament" - certainly can see them making the round of 16 - possibly the round of 8 because they are in the South and the North is top heavy with all the NESCAC teams. Based on both their games thus far they look to be a team on the margin of the top 10 but no higher, at least at this time. Long season of course.
Dehuntshigwa’es

Totally agree on Lynchburg. They looked very good against F&M but not sure what that means yet. Salisbury has no weaknesses and Lynchburg struggled as many teams do against them. W&L is definitely a level below Lynchburg at this point in the season. Lots of time to get better but the Generals may have some real match up problems against the Bugs. Remember Hodgson went over 60% in both games last year and the Generals won both by only a goal. Kriss and Alison have been missing it would help if they were back. Midfield play needs to improve. #17 has some upside, needs a right hand to go with that left on the crease.
Nothinbutthelax

W&L stays in coaches poll..
LYN to 13 - on to Cabrini.
I recall after LYN 2015 run they were ranked very high but never performed. Losing special senior classes more often than not take years to rebuild.. Will be interesting to see if Cabrini has vaulted into those special programs that can compete at that #3 ranking.
I think W&L has the talent on the offensive side of the ball after AJ’s graduation. We’ll have to see if the Defense can turn it up.

https://usila.org/sports/2020/2/17/2020 ... ollw3.aspx

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”