FanLax Forum Poll

D3 Mens Lacrosse
Dr. Pretorious

Re: FanLax Forum Poll

Post by Dr. Pretorious »

SixBySix wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:41 pm
Pinchnpop wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:17 am Might want have waited? 27-3 game with alot of firepower.
... Salisbury is in a very unusual and worrisome place--just like they were last year.
Last year Salisbury went 16–1 during the regular season, won the CAC tournament, and advanced to the semi-finals of the NCAA Tournament, finishing 22-2.
What’s your definition of “a very unusual and worrisome place”?
I’d guess that quite a number of schools would be more than happy to have their programs in such a “worrisome place”.
Noz

Post by Noz »

Would love to be a voter if you're not full yet! TIA!!!
COGULL

Post by COGULL »

SixBySix wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:41 pm
Pinchnpop wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:17 am Might want have waited? 27-3 game with alot of firepower.
I don't know if there is a scoreline in a game against Berry that would positively impact my impression of Salisbury. If that's not a blowout, Salisbury is in a very unusual and worrisome place--just like they were last year. Throttle Lynchburg this week and I will be impressed.
Looks like we've got ourselves a pot-stirrer.
Six, Salisbury doesn't worry in February... They didn't worry last year when Berry played played them to a 9-7 finish, just like the Gulls didn't worry when Montclair played SU to a 9-7 finish in the 3rd game of the "2017" season. The Gulls didn't worry last year after a close one during the first game against Lynchburg (reference 2019 Quarter Finals). The Gulls didn't worry after losing at York during the regular season in '18 & '19 (reference '19 & '19 CAC Championship games), and they won't worry if it's a close one next weekend. They'll just keep working to get better. It's a Great Day to be a Gull !!
SixBySix

Post by SixBySix »

COGULL wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:58 am Six, Salisbury doesn't worry in February... They didn't worry last year when Berry played played them to a 9-7 finish, just like the Gulls didn't worry when Montclair played SU to a 9-7 finish in the 3rd game of the "2017" season.
I'll admit, I am always quite amused by how sensitive the Gulls fans on this board are, given their history and frequency of immense success! But yes, that 9-7 scoreline was exactly what I was referring to--here's a sampling of some lines from the 2019 thread two games in to the season:

"2nd half looked like a team just holding on"
"[player name] you’re the quarterback, not the fullback."
"Shooting 17%; need to get ~35%. An non-shielded chest high 12 yard shot is a pass to the goalie and a Turnover. If Game Stats reflected this, it would quickly correct."
"Unforced turnovers, sloppy pacing, and inexcusable failed clears."
"Lack of flow on offense. A lot of dodging that didn't create with very little off-ball movement."

I will admit, when going back to review the thread, the overall tone was more positive than I had remembered. "Worrisome" may have been overstated. That said, you should not be happy if you're not blowing out Berry.
COGULL

Post by COGULL »

Six,
SU seems to always have to work out the kinks early in the season. The sky seems to be falling every Jan.- Feb. based on that year’s recently departed Senior class- I’d be lying if I said I didn’t wonder to myself how some of the past great players would be replaced, but somehow the coaches and team leaders always seem to put a very competitive team on the field come May. I'd say those remarks you quoted below were fairly accurate following that game... but as you mention, Gull fandom can get sensitive and I'd guess the poster was probably looking for a response as some level. One thing I can tell you for sure is that time will tell us all we need to know.

I wish your team a healthy season and "2nd-best-of-luck" to them as well ;)
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
richard

Post by richard »

Like it. The whole being better than the sum of the parts. I could be a year on all the poster polls. So long as the end product looks good who needs to nitpick? :D
richard

Post by richard »

Is it possible to show the tally for the forum poll?
Boomakegga

Post by Boomakegga »

Cabrini looked really good in scrimmage against Penn today. Starters on both sides played first 3. Cavs led at half and at the end. Can’t imagine anyone saw that coming. Just a scrimmage and early for everyone....but still.
Dehuntshigwa’es

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

Interesting poll, let’s see the amalgamated list and individual list at year end and see who comes the closest to the season end poll... Last year I believe Williams was 20th in the first week and look where they finished up...who’s the dark horse outside the top 15 who will finish top 5.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

richard wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:14 pm Is it possible to show the tally for the forum poll?
Wadya mean? The Points earned by each team? e.g.

Salisbury 338
Williams 324
Amherst 324
RIT 292
Cabrini 290
Tufts 278
Denison 234
York (PA) 233
Gettysburg 211
Wash. & Lee 199
Wesleyan (CT) 178
Franklin & Marshall 177
Union (NY) 177
Lynchburg 142
St. John Fisher 117
Stevens 115
Ursinus 110
Stevenson 95
St. Lawrence 74
Bates 68
Dickinson 67
Chris. Newport 48
SUNY Cortland 23
Middlebury 23
Rensselaer 20
Rhodes 17
St. Mary's (MD) 16
Springfield 13
Western New Eng. 13
Ohio Wesleyan 12
SUNY Maritime 11
Ill. Wesleyan 8
Hampden-Sydney 6
Ithaca 6
Coast Guard 6
Colorado Col. 5
Muhlenberg 2
Caddy Day
richard

Post by richard »

Perfect!
Pinchnpop

Post by Pinchnpop »

For the people, by the people

Thanks
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

mr.lax with salisbury at #6. for much of last season, this was about right (though the majority of polls didn't show this). not so sure about this season though. TBD.
Caddy Day
Boomakegga

Post by Boomakegga »

Dehuntshigwa’es wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:19 pm who’s the dark horse outside the top 15 who will finish top 5.
Ursinus
SixBySix

Post by SixBySix »

Boomakegga wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:18 am
Dehuntshigwa’es wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:19 pm who’s the dark horse outside the top 15 who will finish top 5.
Ursinus
We've been waiting for Ursinus to break out since Jeff Ocampo was playing. That said, we also said the same thing about Cabrini last year.
Dehuntshigwa’es

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

I’m thinking that a fringe top 20 team that cracks into that top 5 layer will be from a strong conference like The Centennial. I’m going with Ursinus or F&M
dingdongdman

Post by dingdongdman »

If there's one of the 10-20 teams to crack the top 5 this year I will go with F&M, their returning attack is stellar and they return a few players across the board at other positions. I wish they had a few more ranked top 20 OOC games, rather than Susquehannah, Messiah and Keene State but their first game against Lynchburg will surely be a test for both sides.
SpiritInTheStick

Post by SpiritInTheStick »

Huge fan of the forum poll. Really enjoy these as everyone brings different opinions to the finished puzzle. Some of these teams I may be overlooking but I didn't even consider for my list (Rhodes, Western New England, SUNY Maritime, Colorado College, Muhlenberg, St. Mary's (MD)). Also a fan of looking at the wide discrepancy in placing in some of these teams (F&M as high as 6, as low as 19) (Stevens as high as 10, as low as not ranked) (Cabrini as high as 1, as low as 13). Not calling anyone out for these rankings, just think it is interesting to see. Also comparing my list to others, maybe I have Union too high? Maybe Lynchburg too low? Excited to have a fun experience with the rest of the pollsters and anyone willing to poke fun at our picks!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

FanLax Forum Poll

The FanLax Forum Polls are due every Monday before midnight. The Poll-er Polls and the aggregated Forum Poll will be posted on Tuesday.

Poll-ers: Your job is to present the best teams. (Not "your favorite", "the best".) The criteria you use to define "the best" is up to you. Whatever criteria you deem appropriate in deciding which teams are the best. With this said, if you choose to have Albany as the #1 team in the nation, please explain your reasoning. Explanations for the ranking of every team in your poll is appreciated. But especially appreciated for the outliers. Lastly, the Poll-er Polls are interesting because they're based on your opinion. So please be true to you. i.e. Don't lower a team's ranking because of a fear of ridicule or otherwise. Just be true to you... and explain your reasoning.

You should find all the Polls as well as the Poll Submission pages within the Forum Poll main page. If you forget the Poll Submission page password, just message us (with which Poll you're doing).

Potential Poll-ers: If you want to join the fun, just let us know.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”