SCAC 2019

D3 Mens Lacrosse
LAlax

SCAC 2019

Post by LAlax »

2 coaching changes before the 1st faceoffs in 2019 with UDallas & Centenary

5 Team Conference now:
Col. College, JWU, UDallas, Southwestern, & Centenary

CC has to be the betting favorite to win the SCAC regular season + tournament (at UDallas this year)
Southwestern should finish 2
UDallas/JWU 3/4, either way
Centenary 5

Any fans in Colorado, Texas, & Louisiana areas make it here yet?
boredatwork

Re: SCAC 2019

Post by boredatwork »

Something strange I did notice about the SCAC tournament this year is the fact that Colorado College doesn't play any of the SCAC teams in the regular season, however on their schedule it says SCAC Semi Finals and Finals on April 26th and 28th respectively. If there is a 4 team playoff and 5 teams in the conference, if you don't play anyone how can you be in the top 4? I don't think anyone would argue at this time Colorado College would be the favorite, is JWU or Centenary not participating in the conference tournament? Not trying to stir the pot, just legitimately interested.
ManFeelings

Re: SCAC 2019

Post by ManFeelings »

boredatwork wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:08 pm Something strange I did notice about the SCAC tournament this year is the fact that Colorado College doesn't play any of the SCAC teams in the regular season, however on their schedule it says SCAC Semi Finals and Finals on April 26th and 28th respectively. If there is a 4 team playoff and 5 teams in the conference, if you don't play anyone how can you be in the top 4? I don't think anyone would argue at this time Colorado College would be the favorite, is JWU or Centenary not participating in the conference tournament? Not trying to stir the pot, just legitimately interested.
This is all secondhand information, but I believe that part of the agreement for CC to play in the SCAC prior to it having six teams and an AQ was for them to not have to tank their strength of schedule with those four conference games in the regular season, which would greatly increase the risk of them not receiving an At-Large bid.

I've gotta assume that, once the conference is at 6+ teams and has an AQ, we'll see CC play a full SCAC schedule.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”