2018 FanLax Games of the Week

2018 Games
admin
Site Admin

2018 FanLax Games of the Week

Post by admin »

2018 Games of the Week

*FanLax reserves the right to change the Game of the Week when we prefer a better game. Especially if the better game is due to their team playing well and your team sucking.*

Week One - Game of the Week: Greenielax vs. CalLaxDad (Last season's rookie champion vs. one of this season's rookies)
Week Two - Game of the Week: PA Talk vs. HipandKneeDoc (PA Talk barely missed the play-offs last season. One of his regular season losses was to HipandKnee in OT. Will Perry had the OT goal.)
Week Three - Game of the Week: ohmilax34 vs. Genghiskhanbluejay (Rematch of last season's Quarterfinal)
Week Four - Game of the Week: NC Lax vs. GCCLax (Two perennial powers, two of our oldest FanLax franchises with both having 13 years in the league)
Week Five - Game of the Week: Maddog vs. Tartan (2017 season's basement dwellers)
Week Six - Game of the Week: FCA vs. UK Lax (Last season's regular season #1 vs. last season's regular season #2)
Week Seven - Game of the Week: Wholly Metro vs. Stegmakk (These two teams have been in the league, respectively, for 13 and 14 years. Metro: Champion 1x, Final Four 2x, Quarters 6x. Stegs: Final Four 2x, Quarters 7x. )
Week Eight - Game of the Week: TBD (Last game of the regular season. There's sure to be at least one important game.)
Quarterfinal - Game of the Week: Four great games (One will be the Game of the Week)
Semifinal - Game of the Week: Two great games (One will be the Game of the Week)
Championship Final: TBD vs. Matnum PI (Probably)
greenielax

Re: PINNED: 2018 Games of the Week

Post by greenielax »

admin wrote:Week One – Game of the Week: Greenielax vs. CalLaxDad (Last season’s rookie champion vs. one of this season’s two rookies. Greenie had some beginner’s luck in 2017 but, as a rule, Rookie coaches suck.)
Well....to the extent that all champions benefit from luck, I won't disagree. But I'm taking issue with "beginner's luck." My first three picks last year were entirely calculated, intentional, and they paid off: 1. Sergio Salcido 2. Eric Fannell 3. Denver D (in combo with my 2-D strategy). We shall see.... ;)
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

I 100% agree. Maybe it's just me but the admin seems to have an attitude.

Greenie there's no denying. Second round Denver pick wasn't anything to cheer about but your first and third paid off. Plus, Salcido was an All-FanLax middy.

This year I plan to track the 2018 draftees. Need to think about how to track the long-term performance and not just the draftees who put up numbers the same year they were drafted.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Uklax

Post by Uklax »

I don’t think you’re squad will even make the play offs this year greenie... beginners luck will be proven right :P

Ps I’m just winding you up
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Not the Play-offs. not a Championship. But we would've said the same thing pre-season last season. And would've eaten crow.

Greenielax
1 Mikey Wynne SR A Notre Dame
2 Brendan Kavanaugh A SR Hofstra
3 + Ian Laviano FR A UVA
4 + Lucas Buckley A SO OSU
5 + Ryan Lamb JR M UVA
6 + Matt Donnelly JR A PSU
7 Ryan Conrad M JR UVA
8 + Mitch Russell SR A/M Duke
9 + Don St. Laurent JR M Umass
10 + Wade Maloney FR M UVA
11 + Logan Maccani JR M OSU
12 + Mikey Herring JR A UVA
13 + SYRACUSE D
14 + DENVER D
admin
Site Admin

Re: 2018 FanLax Games of the Week

Post by admin »

Week One - Game of the Week: Greenielax vs. CalLaxDad (Last season's rookie champion vs. one of this season's rookies)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Week One Game of the Week

Rotanz's 2 Points is not stellar and UMD D's 4 points is. The tide seems to be turning on Greenie...
PALax11

Post by PALax11 »

Appreciate the write up but we have three Championships. 2008, 2011 and 2013. Tied for most.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

And 4 Championship Finals. Amended.

Return to “2018 GAMES”