Netflix - Shows Worth Watching

Movies, TV, and Music
foreverlax

Re: Netflix - Shows Worth Watching

Post by foreverlax »

The Family...
In five parts, The Family examines The Fellowship Foundation, a conservative organization based in Washington DC that's best known for the National Prayer Breakfast, a gathering of diplomats and world leaders. Known as "The Family," the foundation organizes Bible studies and prayer meetings but remains opaque about its other operations. Over the years, it has influenced policies and political leadership, borrowing rhetoric from totalitarian leaders to emphasize Christ's messages.
Where church and state come together to benefit the .01%...all in the name of Jesus.
Oldbarndog

Post by Oldbarndog »

The "weaponization" of the " Son of Man." Maybe Christian but imho, not exactly Christlike. Scary!
"Dear Naps. Sorry I was such a jerk to you when I was a kid"
thatsmell

Post by thatsmell »

OZARK Season 3 expected soon..."Late 2019"

GLOW is pretty funny and has some pretty good character development, despite the goofy premise/nature of the show.

You find yourself rooting and pulling for good, bad and indifferent people. Plus plenty of laughs.
I never knew no Godfather. I got my own family, Senator."
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

The Irishman
Scorsese's latest mob masterpiece but at 3+ hours good thing its on Netflix so you don't have to watch all at once except once.

The music soundtrack is as good, if not better than Goodfellas.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

I also enjoyed the Irishman. As well as A Marriage Story on Netflix.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Just finished Season 1 of Traitors.
Excellent!

and yikes
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Yikes sounds like my kind of show.

For folks who like the political board, there's a show called Dirty Money which is pretty interesting. The ones on Trump and Jared K covered a lot I had been aware of, but one on payday lenders, VW's rigging of emissions tests, HSBC's relationship with Mexican drug cartels, etc have been pretty good. What's most interesting is most "violators" that are individuals have this view that they were screwed or the world is against them that seems like more than a facade or show for the public and real belief.
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Watched the movie Ex-Machina last night. Very good movie. A black mirror type science fiction movie. I like Alicia Vikander. She picks good movies and is a very good actress.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
ChairmanOfTheBoard

Post by ChairmanOfTheBoard »

everyone's talking about Tiger King. i saw it. it was good; not great. i think the overreaction is due to just everyone being home, and this being on. so, timing.

anyway, it's about large cat breeding and trading in the american south, with a mix of mystery, crime, death, love affairs, etc. oh and weirdness.
There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Coming later this week to Netflix - April 10

Anyone else think a fan did some consulting work here? Beer? Brother? Tomfoolery?
If we need that extra push over the cliff, ya know what we do...eleven, exactly.
ChairmanOfTheBoard

finally caught the first season of Succession. the first episode was weird and hard to follow. but this is a very good show. will catch up on the next two seasons now.

i caught in the credits that will ferrell is a producer- which then becomes obvious with two characters (greg and tom). :P
There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

The Highwaymen is well done. Tells the story of Bonnie and Clyde from the viewpoint of the two former Texas Rangers who ended up tracking them down. Woody Harrelson and Kevin Costner. Good chemistry between the pair.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

ChairmanOfTheBoard wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:45 pm finally caught the first season of Succession. the first episode was weird and hard to follow. but this is a very good show. will catch up on the next two seasons now.

i caught in the credits that will ferrell is a producer- which then becomes obvious with two characters (greg and tom). :P
You mean “Snowball” Tom Womsgans?

Only two seasons so far. Good show.
See Martin, Malcolm
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Kismet wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:16 pm The Irishman

Been wanting to see it but 3+ hours is a bit too much. Heard that it was a box office flop but it has been well received by the critics and viewers alike. Mebbe some day ...
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
ChairmanOfTheBoard

yep- tom and greg have the best banter in the whole show.

i just started the leftovers- someone here or on LP suggested it, maybe it was old salt. pretty good.

brook- i thought the irishman was awful. just awful.
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

ChairmanOfTheBoard wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:37 am brook- i thought the irishman was awful. just awful.
I agree. How many times is Scorsese going to dust off his (at this point) worn out, tired, old mob accents, actors, cliches--pitiful. Trying to make Deniro look young at this point is pathetic--as is Marty continuing to make mob movies.
ChairmanOfTheBoard

Cletus wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:02 am
ChairmanOfTheBoard wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:37 am brook- i thought the irishman was awful. just awful.
I agree. How many times is Scorsese going to dust off his (at this point) worn out, tired, old mob accents, actors, cliches--pitiful. Trying to make Deniro look young at this point is pathetic--as is Marty continuing to make mob movies.
yep. it was a real sleeper. and not great acting either.

wanted to reiterate- the leftovers is very good- it's a mystery/sci-fi dystopia, very good acting. it has traces of Lost if you like that, but not nearly as sci-fi.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

"After Life". Ricky Gervais. Really enjoying it.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

ChairmanOfTheBoard wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:08 am
Cletus wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:02 am
yep. it was a real sleeper. and not great acting either.

@Cletus + @Chairman ~

Thanks for the heads up. May have to pass it up, after all.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

There’s a goofy comedy movie I just watched called Coffee and Kareem, surprisingly funny.

The Gentlemen was weak, everyone nailed it in except ironically Hugh Grant. Especially guy Ritchie.

Same w Harley Quinn movie, awful except one or two scenes...and that’s in consideration of the fact that I’m one or two thoughts in my head from a restraining order with respect to Margot Robbie.

2nd and 3rd movies are on demand for now not Netflix first movie is on Netflix.
See Martin, Malcolm

Return to “MOVIES, TV, AND MUSIC”