SCOTUS

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: SCOTUS

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:52 pm
a fan wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:07 am
old salt wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:27 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:25 am
old salt wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:22 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:17 am …..Reduced to 40% to offset the 401K type match that was implemented. Not sure what you are poor mouthing about. I said nobody that I know complained about retiring after 20 years in. Lived in a town where one of the few opportunities was on am Air Force Base. My best friend retired from the USAF and went into private security.
Not poor mouthing at all. Responding to the cheap shot that tax dollars were needed to pay for it.
I didn’t bring up tax dollars (this time). Another colleague’s son is a top gun fighter pilot. I am going to ask him how quickly is he leaving (if he hasn’t already) to go to work for United.
Read the thread before you butted in. I was responding to the cheap shot that " our money " is needed to pay for "your pension".
:lol: That's what you think happened? Who made it personal first, OS? Who snidely brought up what I do for a living?

If you think my return of fire was a cheap shot....you owe me an apology for starting it with your own cheap shot.

I thought your comment was made in jest, to give me a hard time....so I returned the favor. Didn't know you had ill intent.
What are you talking about ? I'm not sure what you do for a living. Do you get paid to troll this forum ?
That’s your job.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:52 pm What are you talking about ? I'm not sure what you do for a living. Do you get paid to troll this forum ?
You're not sure what I do for a living?

Here's your post, which led to my reply.
old salt wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:59 am Prohibition's next. Start looking for fragrances for hand sanitizers.
Look on the bright side -- no need for migrant ag workers.
That's a clear poke at my vocation, OS. I thought it was in good fun, so I told you---in fun---- that my excise tax on spirits pays for your pension.

That's it.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:03 pm
old salt wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:52 pm What are you talking about ? I'm not sure what you do for a living. Do you get paid to troll this forum ?

old salt wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:59 am Prohibition's next. Start looking for fragrances for hand sanitizers.
That's a clear poke at my vocation, OS. I thought it was in good fun, so I told you---in fun---- that my excise tax on spirits pays for your pension.

That's it.
Nah. My comment was not a cheap shot at you or your profession ? It was a joke about what SCOTUS might do next, which seems to be a matter of concern for you. It was made in fun. It was a circle back to a couple other issues we've debated. ...& you did not specify the excise taxes you pay. You said "our taxes".
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:26 pm

That's it.
Nah. My comment was not a cheap shot at you or your profession ? It was a joke about what SCOTUS might do next, which seems to be a matter of concern for you. It was made in fun. It was a circle back to a couple other issues we've debated. ...& you did not specify the excise taxes you pay. You said "our taxes".
Exactly! And yes, it was made in fun. So was my retort. Let's leave it be and move on....
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:44 pm
old salt wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:26 pm

That's it.
Exactly! And yes, it was made in fun. So was my retort. Let's leave it be and move on....
yep.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

jhu72 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:00 am Gorsuch lies about the circumstances of the Kennedy case. No surprise, he is a republiCON.
Yes; completely intellectually dishonest opinion.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:21 am
jhu72 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:00 am Gorsuch lies about the circumstances of the Kennedy case. No surprise, he is a republiCON.

A guy praying alone by himself on the 50 yard line after a football game is more offensive to leftists than adults teaching sex to kindergartners or drag queens twerking for toddlers in bars.

Truly revealing character traits in our body politic.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:52 am

A guy praying alone by himself on the 50 yard line after a football game is more offensive to leftists than adults teaching sex to kindergartners or drag queens twerking for toddlers in bars.

... you are lying again KellyAnne, as to the circumstance of his prayer; :roll: :roll: and the nature of what offends leftists.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

jhu72 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:33 am

... you are lying again KellyAnne, as to the circumstance of his prayer; :roll: :roll: and the nature of what offends leftists.
It's a complete troll response, as usual. The separation of church and state helps both; it keeps personal, deeply held theocratic views in the sphere where they belong -- personal, deeply held beliefs of conscience. And it keep religion free of the dirt and dishonesty of politics. And it keeps questions of where to draw lines to a minimum. Pete is too driven by the knee-jerk narrative of "leftists hate America" to understand America at all, and to understand that it is love for the country that suggest separation is a good thing for everyone. And of course, Pete hasn't actually read the decision and doesn't understand what an astoundingly dishonest job his hero Gorsuch did on the opinion.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:04 am
jhu72 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:33 am

It's a complete troll response, as usual. The separation of church and state helps both; it keeps personal, deeply held theocratic views in the sphere where they belong -- personal, deeply held beliefs of conscience. And it keep religion free of the dirt and dishonesty of politics. And it keeps questions of where to draw lines to a minimum. Pete is too driven by the knee-jerk narrative of "leftists hate America" to understand America at all, and to understand that it is love for the country that suggest separation is a good thing for everyone. And of course, Pete hasn't actually read the decision and doesn't understand what an astoundingly dishonest job his hero Gorsuch did on the opinion.

The world is literally laughing at us.

Do nude bicyclists at a Pride Parade, attended by children, offend you?

“Nude adults cycle in the Seattle Pride Parade attended by children and families
A group of nude adults participated in the cycling event during the Seattle Pride Parade attended by young children and families.”

https://www.opindia.com/2022/06/us-nude ... ren-watch/
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

nope, couldn't care less...that said, I'd react to it as mostly rather silly too.

But that it gets you into a sweat is revealing.

Perhaps that was their point?

More interesting is that you can't remotely engage with seacoaster's point about separation of church and state. Typical troll response.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:46 am The world is literally laughing at us.
:lol: World leaders made direct speeches, offering to help if our women need health care, Petey. Every. single. person. I know that's from the EU & UK ask "what the F is going on in your country?" And they're sure as sh*t not talking about some piddly gay pride parade, Petey.
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:46 am Do nude bicyclists at a Pride Parade, attended by children, offend you?
Not even a little.

Petey----you should be thrilled! They got your note about how offended you were by drag queens....so they took their dresses off, fixing your problem.

All thanks to you. Take a bow, Pete!
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

a fan wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:17 am
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:46 am The world is literally laughing at us.
:lol: World leaders made direct speeches, offering to help if our women need health care, Petey. Every. single. person. I know that's from the EU & UK ask "what the F is going on in your country?" And they're sure as sh*t not talking about some piddly gay pride parade, Petey.
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:46 am Do nude bicyclists at a Pride Parade, attended by children, offend you?
Not even a little.

Petey----you should be thrilled! They got your note about how offended you were by drag queens....so they took their dresses off, fixing your problem.

... same in Canada for the business folks I know. Can't believe this revanchist sh*t. :roll:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

For those interested, NPR - Marist congressional tracking poll has generic democrat leading generic republiCON by 7% for congress. This has changed significantly since April. Moving in the democrat's favor in both May and June. Thank you supreme court. Guns and fascist treatment of women are to be credited.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

jhu72 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:36 am For those interested, NPR - Marist congressional tracking poll has generic democrat leading generic republiCON by 7% for congress. This has changed significantly since April. Moving in the democrat's favor in both May and June. Thank you supreme court. Guns and fascist treatment of women are to be credited.
And maybe because it is clear to anyone with a brain that the GOP rank and file in Congress were willing to sacrifice democracy for the Trump Family to retain its grasp on the faucet handles.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

jhu72 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:34 am
Not even a little.

... same in Canada for the business folks I know. Can't believe this revanchist sh*t. :roll:

Just amazing that you three gleefully admit that naked parade-goers in front of minors is totes cool.

If ever there was an example why Democrats have lost touch with American parents and why they will be roundly shellacked this Fall, these posts are it.

Man o man. The willful separation of leftist lunacies from common morality, the bizarre elevation of Democratic virtue signalling above civic normalcy, is truly something else. They hate Trump because they are Trump.

Imagine the actual lunatics of the left, not just rando lacrosse fans who in theory aren’t crazy, imagine how far out on the spectrum of lunacy the far left is. Jeebus.
Last edited by Peter Brown on Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

jhu72 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:36 am For those interested, NPR - Marist congressional tracking poll has generic democrat leading generic republiCON by 7% for congress. This has changed significantly since April. Moving in the democrat's favor in both May and June. Thank you supreme court. Guns and fascist treatment of women are to be credited.

If it makes you feel better…

Meanwhile these false positives will only lead to bitter recriminations the morning of November 9.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:58 am
jhu72 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:34 am
Not even a little.

Just amazing that you three gleefully admit that naked parade-goers in front of minors is totes cool.

If ever there was an example why Democrats have lost touch with American parents and why they will be roundly shellacked this Fall, these posts are it.

Man o man. The willful separation of leftist lunacies from common morality, the bizarre elevation of Democratic virtue signalling above civic normalcy, is truly something else. They hate Trump because they are Trump.

Imagine the actual lunatics of the left, not just rando lacrosse fans who in theory aren’t crazy, imagine how far out on the spectrum of lunacy the far left is. Jeebus.
You really are as dumb as a bag of rocks. First, no one said anything like "totes cool" (maybe because we are grown-ups and don't talk like middle schoolers). MDLax said he thought it was silly. I actually think that the performative aspect of this is intentional, and with my help, my kids can handle it. And second, I am "an American parent." I actually raised two pretty decent, well-adjusted and self-sufficient children to adulthood. They were exposed to -- shivers Pete? -- gay folks and black folks and trans folks, and really came to understand that the hearst of those people are what mattered, not the stuff that appears to consume you and your Foxy News narrative brain. My kids don't hate Trump. They are astonished and disappointed that so many people have been taken over by this sociopathic carnival barker. Can we just agree that you are a narrow-minded, insulated little dogpile, and let you go off to the bars to "hang wiff bros?"
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:52 am
And maybe because it is clear to anyone with a brain that the GOP rank and file in Congress were willing to sacrifice democracy for the Trump Family to retain its grasp on the faucet handles.
... I suspect that is only beginning to be grasped.

Return to “POLITICS”