The DOGS Thread

General Chatter
DMac

The DOGS Thread

Post by DMac »

Have said it before, but this outfit is unbelievable. Many a dog's guardian angel, and this guy should wear a halo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6At7vqiA_A
Last edited by DMac on Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brooklyn

Re: The DOGS thread is back.

Post by Brooklyn »

with equal time for kitties:

It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
DMac

Post by DMac »

DMac

Post by DMac »

WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Post by WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus »

Brooklyn wrote:with equal time for kitties:

Nice kitties!
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

funny dogs grommit1 grommit1 grommit1
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

more kitty cuteness:

DMac

Post by DMac »

I don't need no stinkin' pole.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wfj5-dV5o8U
Oldbarndog

Post by Oldbarndog »

Catch & release?
"Dear Naps. Sorry I was such a jerk to you when I was a kid"
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

Dogsgiving.jpg
Dogsgiving.jpg (65.76 KiB) Viewed 6996 times
Leave the clean-up to these guys.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Oldbarndog wrote:Catch & release?
Not always....this gal is a fishin' nut, loves it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elbtvNwWNmM
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

wahoomurf wrote:
Dogsgiving.jpg
Leave the clean-up to these guys.
Sounds like my yellow lab. It may not be out of loyalty but she spends every meal right next to my chair. Not a speck of food ever hits the floor. :D My wife calls her a beggar, I just say she is waiting patiently. She is 11 years old now and beginning to have issues. If she wants scraps from the table, then she gets scraps from the table. We only have these best of friends of ours for a relatively short time. I feel no guilt in spoiling her now and again. I only wish her sister was here for me to spoil her. Damn I still miss that dog. :cry:
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
6x6

Post by 6x6 »

I’m sure anyone who has owned a pet feels the same. Our young lacrosse player fell in love with a Border Collie puppy and the rest is history. My son named him Martin after after a character in a Brian Jacques book he was reading at the time. Martin became the best lacrosse dog ever. It was pretty funny watching the son shoot in the back yard and hitting a post or dropping one playing wall ball. He learned how to fight for ground balls as he’d have to beat Martin to it then scoop it before Martin got his mouth on it. It helped with his dodging too as Martin would chase him all over the yard trying to get that ball.

We “adopted” Marty when our son went out of state for college and then upon graduation his first job took him to NYC, where he still lives. It broke our hearts a few years ago when we had to say goodbye to the best dog ever and it was especially tough for our son as he couldn’t be there one last time.

Tried to upload and share a couple photos but the file is too big.
DMac

Post by DMac »

No, Martin was the second best lacrosse dog in the world, Hans was number one. German Shepherd, got him as puppy, was in prime shape during my HS lacrosse years, was an incredible player. Understand exactly what you're saying 6, have said for many years dogs are the absolute best teachers of focus, determination, and tenacity you'll ever have on a ball field. Very gifted and talented competitors who never give you less than 100%. No doubt just like Martin, my dog knew exactly what was going on with that lacrosse stick and that the ball was in it. Was mighty tough to fake him out. Used to bring two balls to the wall, he'd catch 'em when they came off the wall. Hit the ground (blacktop) first, when the ball came off the wall he was all over it, was rare for him to miss. Pick up the other one and he'd drop the one he had in his mouth and get the next one...over, and over, and over, and over again. GBs...you play hell beatin' him to one of those, and the odds of his missing the pick up were mighty slim. Have many, many hours playing with and competing with that guy. Fun stuff.
That's the biggest problem with dogs, odds are, in the end they'll rip your heart out. More than likely you'll outlive them. Got another GS in my mid twenties, he was just as nuts, played the same way. Super good dog, trained him, we were both into it...really smart dogs that will do anything you ask of them if you can get the message through to them. Boarder Collies are incredible dogs too....very focused and smart. Probably a slim chance you haven't seen Chaser but just in case you haven't, google Chaser the dog. Amazing canine.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Thank you for sharing those memories Dmac. When I lost my black lab a couple of years ago you understood the pain I was going thru. Only an animal lover can understand it. It is losing a member of your family that you have loved for a long time. It hurts me to see our yellow lab starting to have some issues. Nothing serious but it makes me think of what I will do when she is not around to drive me crazy. She wakes me up at 4:30 every morning to eat and go outside. I spend the next 2 hours drinking coffee and watching old movies with her sleeping at my feet by the couch. No complaints from me, I hope I will be blessed with many more mornings of the same routine. Damn it Dmac… you made me cry.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

6x6 wrote:
Tried to upload and share a couple photos but the file is too big.
Go to https://imgur.com/upload and select the picture you want to upload off of your PC, once you see the picture on the imgur page, hover over the picture with your mouse and click the drop down arrow and select get "share links" and select bbcode. Copy and paste that into your post.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

^ nice stories about lax pooches salut1

Koach Kitty inspires runners:

cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

My son called me a little while ago. He and his wife had to put their 10 year old chocolate lab down today. She survived bone cancer in her paw for 9 months. They gave her radiation treatments and did everything they could to give her the longest comfortable life they could. When we visited their cottage on Keuka Lake this summer Lily was living the dream... swimming in the lake everyday and basking in the sunshine. Love your animal everyday with all your heart. We only have them for a very short time. My son is normally not that emotional when he called me crying it broke my heart. They tried so very hard to give Lily the time to have the best summer any dog could have. Lily I am glad you are out of pain and thankful for the love and companionship you gave to my grandson. A 2 year old can't comprehend the loss of a friend. All he can say is where is Lily? Lily is gone but she will never leave our hearts. :(
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

where is Lily?

here:

All good dogs go to Doggie Heaven where they are always able to look after good little boys & girls! ang6

DD-Tech

Post by DD-Tech »

skillz!
headbang1

Return to “GENERAL CHATTER”