Orange Duce

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
SCLaxAttack

Re: Orange Duce

Post by SCLaxAttack »

get it to x wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 5:38 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:35 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:20 pm
PizzaSnake wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:18 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:41 pm This is just an astonishing pleading:

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... 28.0_1.pdf
“a correct formulation of the law”

I read that as, I double-dog dare you, Judge Cannon…
"Give me an order I can appeal, and reverse your sorry ass a third time and maybe get rid of you."
That appears right, they want her to either fully back down or provide them basis to immediately appeal...and rightfully ask for her removal.

Her proposed instructions are so far from the reality of the law that it's a bit flabbergasting that she thought she could get away with it. I've read where she keeps turning over staff because she's gone a little nutso with them, and thus isn't getting much help in doing the actual legal work and no one is pushing back...so maybe she just wants off the case somehow without looking like she turned on Trump...but that sure would be whacky, just ask to get off for personal reasons, right?
Perhaps before we get too far into the case Mr. Smith can give us the date and vote count of his Senate confirmation.
Perhaps people should take an elementary Civics course before asking questions that would be addressed in such a course. (But thanks for joining the conversation!)
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:41 pm This is just an astonishing pleading:

"Give me an order I can appeal, and reverse your sorry ass a third time and maybe get rid of you."
That appears right, they want her to either fully back down or provide them basis to immediately appeal...and rightfully ask for her removal.

Her proposed instructions are so far from the reality of the law that it's a bit flabbergasting that she thought she could get away with it. I've read where she keeps turning over staff because she's gone a little nutso with them, and thus isn't getting much help in doing the actual legal work and no one is pushing back...so maybe she just wants off the case somehow without looking like she turned on Trump...but that sure would be whacky, just ask to get off for personal reasons, right?
Perhaps before we get too far into the case Mr. Smith can give us the date and vote count of his Senate confirmation.
I'll keep an open mind. What's your intended point?

Are you trying to say that Cannon is neither incompetent nor in the bag for Trump, nor both?

Or that Smith is wrong on the law and Cannon is right?

And trying to divert from those straightforward arguments to something that's pretty nonsensical?

Or are you actually serious...and clueless?

Or is there something else to your point?
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

He is alluding to the right wing talking point that Smith's appointment is somehow constitutionally or legally ineffective.

https://www.heritage.org/crime-and-just ... irst-place
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:43 pm

Are you trying to say that Cannon is neither incompetent nor in the bag for Trump, nor both?

And trying to divert from those straightforward arguments to something that's pretty nonsensical?

No. I'm trying to say the Special Counsel law was not followed. Special Counsel are subject to the legislative branch. No hearing was held. He just showed up. Not that I want a more competent prosecutor.. The SC overturned him 9-0 once already.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

get it to x wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:31 pm

No. I'm trying to say the Special Counsel law was not followed. Special Counsel are subject to the legislative branch. No hearing was held. He just showed up. Not that I want a more competent prosecutor.. The SC overturned him 9-0 once already.
Nope. Here is the relevant legislation regarding the position of Special Counsel. This is not the abandoned (1999) Independent Counsel.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/28/part-600

Please point out the portion that describes the position being "subject to the legislative branch."
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

PizzaSnake wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:41 am

Nope. Here is the relevant legislation regarding the position of Special Counsel. This is not the abandoned (1999) Independent Counsel.

Please point out the portion that describes the position being "subject to the legislative branch."
What is the point? Laws or regulations can only be effective as the willingness to enforce them. We have immigration laws on the books that are ignored every damn day and most DC types could care less. That is what happens when laws become subjective based on popular opinion. I wish the IRS had such lax standards when enforcing tax codes... :D
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

tRump mental degeneration: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/gYc-4i-4 ... ture=share

right wingers like to point to Biden's deficiencies but go silent when Dump's mental incapacity is pointed out
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 1:00 pm

What is the point? Laws or regulations can only be effective as the willingness to enforce them. We have immigration laws on the books that are ignored every damn day and most DC types could care less. That is what happens when laws become subjective based on popular opinion. I wish the IRS had such lax standards when enforcing tax codes... :D
So… you and get it to x don’t want to just admit that what he said simply has no basis in actual law?
And the relevant law is actually being followed to a t?

Just want to pretend and complain? Then change subject to more complaints?

MAGA logic compliant.
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:39 am

So… you and get it to x don’t want to just admit that what he said simply has no basis in actual law?

MAGA logic compliant.
Actually, no. I admit when I make an error, which I did in this case. I was not on this board again until just now. Unlike some, this board is an occasional diversion for me.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
a fan

Post by a fan »

get it to x wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:02 am

MAGA logic compliant.
Actually, no. I admit when I make an error, which I did in this case.....(cut)
Tip of the hat, get it to x. See guys? It ain't all that hard to admit when you're wrong. And we're ALL wrong at times.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

MAGA logic compliant.
Actually, no. I admit when I make an error, which I did in this case. I was not on this board again until just now. Unlike some, this board is an occasional diversion for me.
I stand corrected, happily.
It just wasn't a correct understanding of the relevant law...no reason for cradle to try to divert from that.
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Sun Apr 07, 2024 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

a fan wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:24 am

MAGA logic compliant.
Actually, no. I admit when I make an error, which I did in this case.....(cut)
Tip of the hat, get it to x. See guys? It ain't all that hard to admit when you're wrong. And we're ALL wrong at times.
Indeed, all.
And agreed on tip of hat.
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

Donnie's lucky this is America. Vietnam doesn't mess around with fraudsters. https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/truo ... 48346.html
old salt

Post by old salt »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 1:00 pm What is the point? Laws or regulations can only be effective as the willingness to enforce them. We have immigration laws on the books that are ignored every damn day and most DC types could care less. That is what happens when laws become subjective based on popular opinion. I wish the IRS had such lax standards when enforcing tax codes... :D
They do, if your last name is Biden.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

old salt wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:00 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 1:00 pm What is the point? Laws or regulations can only be effective as the willingness to enforce them. We have immigration laws on the books that are ignored every damn day and most DC types could care less. That is what happens when laws become subjective based on popular opinion. I wish the IRS had such lax standards when enforcing tax codes... :D
They do, if your last name is Biden.
:lol:
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Love that Trump's orgs have already been found guilty of tons of counts of tax fraud, and he has many more on the way.

While Biden has none that I'm aware of.

One Biden offspring seems to have IRS trouble, while multiple Trump offspring have like 10-100x the trouble.

Funny joke guys! A real knee slapper. Must get tons of laughs.
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:08 am Love that Trump's orgs have already been found guilty of tons of counts of tax fraud, and he has many more on the way.

One Biden offspring seems to have IRS trouble, while multiple Trump offspring have like 10-100x the trouble.

Come on Natty, you know that’s only because our criminal justice system has been weaponized against the Trumps.
CU88a

Post by CU88a »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:59 am
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:08 am Love that Trump's orgs have already been found guilty of tons of counts of tax fraud, and he has many more on the way.

Come on Natty, you know that’s only because our criminal justice system has been weaponized against the Trumps.
+1

The usual jokers here who keep calling out Biden are too funny; Keystone Cops for Faux News MAGA idiots.

:lol: :roll:
njbill

Post by njbill »

Wonder if The Donald has asked Weaselberg what Riker's is like. You know, asking for a friend.

Return to “POLITICS”