Don Jr, Ivanka & Eric Trump Corruption - Important and Meaningful Issue

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: Don Jr, Ivanka & Eric Trump Corruption - Important and Meaningful Issue

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

I'm fine with all guilty parties being held to account.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Me too...

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
a fan

Post by a fan »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:01 am I'm fine with all guilty parties being held to account.
Boy....are you SURE about that? Are you sure that this isn't the NewDeepState trying to attack the Biden family?

I mean, you CAN'T investigate corruption in the Executive Branch, right? Because if you do? It's a coup. :lol:
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

a fan wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:55 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:01 am I'm fine with all guilty parties being held to account.
Boy....are you SURE about that? Are you sure that this isn't the NewDeepState trying to attack the Biden family?

I mean, you CAN'T investigate corruption in the Executive Branch, right? Because if you do? It's a coup. :lol:
:D I said all guilty parties.
a fan

Post by a fan »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:35 pm

Oh, that was my FAVORITE part of the Deep State complaints: US intel needed to prove guilt BEFORE pulling warrants and investigating. :lol:

And folks SERIOUSLY didn't understand how idiotic that demand was. Still don't, actually.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

a fan wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:56 pm

Oh, that was my FAVORITE part of the Deep State complaints: US intel needed to prove guilt BEFORE pulling warrants and investigating. :lol:

And folks SERIOUSLY didn't understand how idiotic that demand was. Still don't, actually.
That’s right. You only investigate when you know the folks are guilty and when it’s obvious they are Lying.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Want to avoid corruption? Implement term limits.

Don't let people work in DC for 46+ years.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:04 pm

Want to avoid corruption? Implement term limits.

Don't let people work in DC for 46+ years.
+1 if you really want to drain the swamp why keep filling the swamp with the same pond scum every 2/4/6 years?
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Certainly a change of topic...get in quick and rip off all you can before your term limits send you home to lobby or scam some other way...

Does sound like Don, Ivanka, and Eric's game plan...Jared too...

And bring in as much pond scum as fast as you can with you...
old salt

Post by old salt »

In other words, she had applied for the trademarks before, not after, Trump was elected.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:56 pm

No. Just don't leak the results before an investigation is officially announced.
If you can't make a case worth prosecuting, close it, classify it, bury it, in case something pops up in the future.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:25 pm Certainly a change of topic...get in quick and rip off all you can before your term limits send you home to lobby or scam some other way...

You may be more cynical than I. What we don't need are career politicians. Any elected politician should be term limited to 4 years for congress, 12 years for the senate. POTUS should be 1 six year term. Do your patriotic duty then get the hell out of the way. I don't know, maybe it takes longer than I realize to feather your nest as a politician in DC. It is rather odd how so many of these people come into DC without a pot to pee in and somehow find a way to becoming millionaires. I guess they are just lucky when it comes to investing their money. ;)
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:57 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:25 pm Certainly a change of topic...get in quick and rip off all you can before your term limits send you home to lobby or scam some other way...

You may be more cynical than I. What we don't need are career politicians. Any elected politician should be term limited to 4 years for congress, 12 years for the senate. POTUS should be 1 six year term. Do your patriotic duty then get the hell out of the way. I don't know, maybe it takes longer than I realize to feather your nest as a politician in DC. It is rather odd how so many of these people come into DC without a pot to pee in and somehow find a way to becoming millionaires. I guess they are just lucky when it comes to investing their money. ;)
No, with term limits, there's no reason not to feather your nest as fast as you can.

Do you actually think that the people who get elected will be more honest than the ones elected now?

Term limits don't make people honest or more accountable to do the right thing after they're elected.

Laws against bribery etc help, the media helps reveal dishonesty, and elections give the people the opportunity to throw the bums out.

Where term limits become attractive is when the system provides way to much benefit to incumbency.

However, they don't improve the virtues of the candidates and they don't prevent moneyed interests from controlling outcomes.

And what they also do is put more power in the hands of the civil servants, that "Deep State"...they continue through the term limits of the elected types who don't have enough time to develop the expertise to oversee them.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Term limits in CA have been a disaster. As soon as a Legislator learns the ropes, s/he is termed out. The result: lobbyists and the party machine (in our case, D) run everything, because they're the only ones who know what's going on. Not enough time for anyone with an independence of mind to build up enough stature to get anything original done.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

CU77 wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:18 am Term limits in CA have been a disaster. As soon as a Legislator learns the ropes, s/he is termed out. The result: lobbyists and the party machine (in our case, D) run everything, because they're the only ones who know what's going on. Not enough time for anyone with an independence of mind to build up enough stature to get anything original done.
Yup. Term limits aren't the solution. Honest people are. No one said democracy is easy. Voters have been lazy, and don't want to take responsibility. I think that is changing at least for the dems. It is too soon to tell for the republicans. With 70% apparently being unrepentant cultist. If the dems are successful the republicans will have to change.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:41 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:57 pm

No, with term limits, there's no reason not to feather your nest as fast as you can.

Do you actually think that the people who get elected will be more honest than the ones elected now?

Term limits don't make people honest or more accountable to do the right thing after they're elected.

Laws against bribery etc help, the media helps reveal dishonesty, and elections give the people the opportunity to throw the bums out.

Where term limits become attractive is when the system provides way to much benefit to incumbency.

However, they don't improve the virtues of the candidates and they don't prevent moneyed interests from controlling outcomes.

And what they also do is put more power in the hands of the civil servants, that "Deep State"...they continue through the term limits of the elected types who don't have enough time to develop the expertise to oversee them.
I am reminded of something the late Louise Slaughter said while she was campaigning for her 16th term to Congress. She stated she wanted to be re elected so she could back to Congress and fix what was broken. I don't know MD, Louise had 15 terms and 30 years to fix what was broken and never even came close to accomplishing that goal. The problem is that she was no sooner re elected then she had to back track and expend all her time and energy to get re elected yet again. When your always campaigning there is never any time to fix anything is there? IMO if you don't have to worry about being re elected you might actually be able to focus on "fixing what is broken"

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-des ... -democrats

Sometimes with all that wisdom and experience a touch of senility comes in to play.
Last edited by cradleandshoot on Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:37 am
CU77 wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:18 am Term limits in CA have been a disaster. As soon as a Legislator learns the ropes, s/he is termed out. The result: lobbyists and the party machine (in our case, D) run everything, because they're the only ones who know what's going on. Not enough time for anyone with an independence of mind to build up enough stature to get anything original done.
Yup. Term limits aren't the solution. Honest people are. No one said democracy is easy. Voters have been lazy, and don't want to take responsibility. I think that is changing at least for the dems. It is too soon to tell for the republicans. With 70% apparently being unrepentant cultist. If the dems are successful the republicans will have to change.
"Yup. Term limits aren't the solution. Honest people are."

That has to be an oxymoron? IMO the word honest should never be used in the context of describing any politician. The exception would be if you are defining the lack of honesty. :D
ToastDunk

Post by ToastDunk »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:56 am

That has to be an oxymoron? IMO the word honest should never be used in the context of describing any politician. The exception would be if you are defining the lack of honesty. :D
I've come around on term limits over the years, and now agree with Cradle. Money in politics is the ultimate problem, and I don't see that going away anytime soon. Term limits at least frees candidates from being beholden to special interest money. Of course not passing term limits is the only thing the two parties can agree upon. Electing good people would also be a fix to the problem. No doubt. But c'mon...
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

ToastDunk wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:11 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:56 am

I've come around on term limits over the years, and now agree with Cradle. Money in politics is the ultimate problem, and I don't see that going away anytime soon. Term limits at least frees candidates from being beholden to special interest money. Of course not passing term limits is the only thing the two parties can agree upon. Electing good people would also be a fix to the problem. No doubt. But c'mon...
" Electing good people would also be a fix to the problem. No doubt. But c'mon..."

Winner winner chicken dinner. Elect good people. let them serve and then allow them to pass the torch on to someone else. It infuriates me to no end to hear a politician who has been in Congress for 30 years complain about what needs to be fixed. You served for 30 F***ing years and didn't fix jack chit. Some of you folks here opine about the importance of keeping experienced politicians in office. Are you folks that deaf, dumb and stupid to not understand what is happening in front of your own eyes? I get the fact you love senator Nuckinfutts. Great gal she is, been in the senate for 40 years. She has accomplished nothing in that time but we sure do admire all her experience. F**k that line of horsechit. Fresh blood, keep it new. A lack of experience upon going to Washington DC to serve your country is a good thing. You don't have to deal with all of those preconceived notions about how it has always been done. You can then make the decision as to how it will be done going forward.

Return to “POLITICS”