Don Jr, Ivanka & Eric Trump Corruption - Important and Meaningful Issue

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
dislaxxic

Don Jr, Ivanka & Eric Trump Corruption - Important and Meaningful Issue

Post by dislaxxic »

OK, not much interest in this end of Hamsterdam just yet...it seems that our friend Bandito has dropped off the face of the earth, but as i mulled where to put this thread, i thought it could very quickly devolve into unsavory territory. "Yeah, but, but...Obama SAID we could keep our doctor!!" Try as he might, Obama just couldn't come CLOSE to the level of lying this DOPUS takes us to every day.

The whole lying thing gets so BORING and draining, doesn't it? We all know politicians dissemble and obfuscate to further their own political agendas, but can we stipulate that Donald J. Trump is quickly pushing the technique to new heights...err...LOWS??

Trump’s Lies Have Grown Far More Frequent—and More Dangerous

"From June through August, Trump averaged more than 15 bogus statements a day—more than triple his daily rate in 2017. Recently, he went after Google, falsely claiming the country’s biggest information search tool is “rigged” to make him look bad. He sowed confusion over a key statement he made about the Russia investigation by falsely accusing NBC News of doctoring video of his famous interview with Lester Holt (which has been publicly available in full since May 2017). And in his startling rebuke of an official government-commissioned report concluding that 2,975 people in Puerto Rico died in the aftermath of Hurricane Maria, Trump falsely claimed that the report was a Democratic hit job and that the toll “did not go up by much” beyond 6 to 18 deaths.

This unprecedented behavior from a US president is akin to dumping gasoline on a long-smoldering trend RAND researchers call “Truth Decay”: a deepening disagreement over basic facts that is increasingly undercutting the fundamentals of our democracy, from elections to policymaking. When Trump’s personal lawyer makes the argument that “truth isn’t truth” in Robert Mueller’s investigation, or argues that “facts develop” to explain away a shifting story about the infamous 2016 Trump Tower meeting, this misinformation coming from the highest levels of the US government fuels blind partisanship. And it could potentially leave the public confused and mistrustful during crucial times, from national votes to a national security crisis."

That last sentence is VERY troubling indeed...and it's really not hard to see how the country is careening in this direction...

Look the other way or ignore the behavior because it's so EXHAUSTING...seems to me to be exactly what the bad behavior HOPES we'll do...no?

Last edited by dislaxxic on Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
Bandito

Re: 2018 Midterm Elections

Post by Bandito »

It's dumb **** postings like this as to why you lost in 2016 and why you will in 2018 midterms. Ppl are sick of the Democrat nonsense especially with this Kav fiasco. You never learn do you? Most normal women out there support Kavanaugh. They don't want their husbands, brothers and sons falsely accused by some psycho ****.
Farfromgeneva is a sissy soy boy
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Bandito wrote:
It's dumb **** postings like this as to why you lost in 2016 and why you will in 2018 midterms. Ppl are sick of the Democrat nonsense especially with this Kav fiasco. You never learn do you? Most normal women out there support Kavanaugh. They don't want their husbands, brothers and sons falsely accused by some psycho ****.
Manuel nails it! Thanks.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
HooDat

Re: The Nation's Financial Condition

Post by HooDat »

actually, over the past few years, i would say the left is far more vulnerable to the label "Pro-Authoritarianism.

There are all sorts of nasty names we can throw at both sides, I was just making a point. I was attempting to be balanced. But in a knee-jerk, gotta protect "My Side", and do what the thought police tell me to reaction - jhu decided to pile on.

But funny how he can only add to one list?

I can add to both lists, ad nauseum. And am perfectly content to do so. I guess its because I haven't sworn a blood oath to defend a bunch of assholes in any certain party who I would rather clean up dog crap than actually have to talk to them at a cocktail party (aka politicians).

Relentlessly "scoring points" against the other side is why this country is so screwed up right now. Because it isn't about getting to the right answers anymore, it is about getting money and screwing over anyone who gets in your way.

You want to know what "scoring political gotcha points" gets you? ....

....TRUMP.

You want to know what else scoring political points is going to get this country? Here is a list:
- Trump re-elected
- Kavanaugh crammed down your throat
- Trump picking RBG's replacement and cramming her down your throat, to then have her explicitly overturn RvW.
- Universities that no longer teach critical thought, but instead indoctrinate. Pick you dumb-ass college "education": Liberty University or Christine Fair. We will have no alternative thinking here, I tell you!
- white nationalists getting free airtime because it makes the private school coastal elitists feel better about themselves to put down white trash.
- Hollywood dumb-asses thinking they have something relevant to say about politics or the environment or how we should run our lives all while lining up to give Harvey Weinstein favors.....
- Global corporatocrats who make hundreds of millions of dollars sending millions of blue collar jobs to third world nations because while slavery is not per se legal there, it might as well be.
- A Global Military Industrial Complex that kills off our young men to fight useless perpetual wars in countries that don't want or need our help - just so Lockheed, General Dynamics, GE and Boeing can make money....
- A medical system that bleeds money out of ordinary people for drugs that were developed using tax-payer dollars and the pharma CEO get rich....

... but hey - nice that you could come up with a few more things for my list......
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

HooDat wrote:actually, over the past few years, i would say the left is far more vulnerable to the label "Pro-Authoritarianism.

There are all sorts of nasty names we can throw at both sides, I was just making a point. I was attempting to be balanced. But in a knee-jerk, gotta protect "My Side", and do what the thought police tell me to reaction - jhu decided to pile on.

I can add to both lists, ad nauseum. And am perfectly content to do so. I guess its because I haven't sworn a blood oath to defend a bunch of assholes in any certain party who I would rather clean up dog crap than actually have to talk to them at a cocktail party (aka politicians).

Relentlessly "scoring points" against the other side is why this country is so screwed up right now. Because it isn't about getting to the right answers anymore, it is about getting money and screwing over anyone who gets in your way.

....TRUMP.

You want to know what else scoring political points is going to get this country? Here is a list:
- Trump re-elected
- Trump picking RBG's replacement and cramming her down your throat, to then have her explicitly overturn RvW.
- Universities that no longer teach critical thought, but instead indoctrinate. Pick you dumb-ass college "education": Liberty University or Christine Fair. We will have no alternative thinking here, I tell you!
- white nationalists getting free airtime because it makes the private school coastal elitists feel better about themselves to put down white trash.
- Hollywood dumb-asses thinking they have something relevant to say about politics or the environment or how we should run our lives all while lining up to give Harvey Weinstein favors.....
- Global corporatocrats who make hundreds of millions of dollars sending millions of blue collar jobs to third world nations because while slavery is not per se legal there, it might as well be.
- A Global Military Industrial Complex that kills off our young men to fight useless perpetual wars in countries that don't want or need our help - just so Lockheed, General Dynamics, GE and Boeing can make money....
- A medical system that bleeds money out of ordinary people for drugs that were developed using tax-payer dollars and the pharma CEO get rich....

... but hey - nice that you could come up with a few more things for my list......
I think I am in love :D
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
ChairmanOfTheBoard

Post by ChairmanOfTheBoard »

wanted to add the irony of casting matt damon (no, i didnt watch it).

large media = still self righteous, still tone deaf
There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.
kramerica.inc

Re: Politicians LYING

Post by kramerica.inc »

HooDat wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:00 pm actually, over the past few years, i would say the left is far more vulnerable to the label "Pro-Authoritarianism.

....TRUMP.

- Trump re-elected
Very well put.
I think you summarize what is going on with this country quite well.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Very well said indeed...not surprisingly coming from HooDat.
Just to zoom in on one, coincidentally a good friend of mine was just telling me yesterday that he was able to get into the screen of his health insurance company's payments for a stay he had in the hospital a couple of years back (came down with Guillain-Barre Syndrome...pretty serious stuff...came out amazingly good in the end). Pretty sure he was in there for five days, the bill for just the room was $56K, the insurance company's cost was $14K to settle that. Whole lot more on that bill that fell right in line with that kind of difference between what you and I would pay (if we had no insurance) and what the insurance companies pay. It's a very crooked and ugly game. None of this comes as a surprise to me as I've had a few battles with insurance companies (have a diabetic son, very expensive disease, they get raped by insurance companies) over the years.

"Other countries you can buy insulin for $11"....like in Mexico where many diabetics go to get their insulin, and it's the exact same stuff you get here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXotjFStcTA
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

The world pays less for drugs than the USA. One of the reasons we have the highest cost for healthcare among developed economies and about the worse healthcare outcomes. The differences in cost can be staggering
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

Man, if it was that big of a deal regarding transparency, then I'm sure everyone on the right will be up in arms about the Trump administration and staff using private emails and accounts and other back channels for official communication....

Why am I hearing crickets?

Buttery Males indeed.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Probably because she did not get in trouble, like she (and everyone else) should have in the first place....therefore, precedent has been set. Legal BS not being enforced. I have seen people lose their clearance for far less.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
old salt

Post by old salt »

holmes435 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:02 pm Man, if it was that big of a deal regarding transparency, then I'm sure everyone on the right will be up in arms about the Trump administration and staff using private emails and accounts and other back channels for official communication....

Buttery Males indeed.
Because there's no evidence of illegal activity.
Because there's no evidence that classified info was mishandled or the Presidential Records act was violated.
That's what got HRC in a jam. The volume, that it was on a private server & that she destroyed the evidence before all her emails could be reviewed.
That by itself isn’t illegal, as long as the records are preserved in accordance with the Presidential Records Act.
old salt

Post by old salt »

holmes435 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:02 pm Man, if it was that big of a deal regarding transparency, then I'm sure everyone on the right will be up in arms about the Trump administration and staff using private emails and accounts and other back channels for official communication....

Buttery Males indeed.
Because there's no evidence of illegal activity.
Because there's no evidence that classified info was mishandled or the Presidential Records act was violated.
That's what got HRC in a jam. The volume, that it was on a private non-secure server & that she destroyed the evidence before all her emails could be reviewed.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... ons-tools/
...used personal email accounts... That by itself isn’t illegal, as long as the records are preserved in accordance with the Presidential Records Act.
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

Bandito wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:32 pm
DIS: You went fishing and reeled in a big one. Now please toss it back as It's not edible.
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

HooDat wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:00 pm actually, over the past few years, i would say the left is far more vulnerable to the label "Pro-Authoritarianism.

I can add to both lists, ad nauseum. And am perfectly content to do so. I guess its because I haven't sworn a blood oath to defend a bunch of assholes in any certain party who I would rather clean up dog dump than actually have to talk to them at a cocktail party (aka politicians).

....TRUMP.

- Trump re-elected

Brilliant and concise. (applause emoji)
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

WE can lock this thread now. Hoodat has 'exercised the demons'.

~Livy
dislaxxic

Re: Don Jr, Ivanka & Eric Trump Corruption - Important and Meaningful Issue

Post by dislaxxic »

Re-purposing this old thread for this "important and meaningful issue"

HOW exactly did Ivanka get those exclusive patents in Ghina? People are saying - i don't know - that the tax issues surrounding this shady deal need to be exposed. They say there is child labor and government payoffs and - well, you know what they say - it looks VERY crooked.

Donald Trump Junior has said himself that "we (the Trump Family) get "all the money we need" from Russian sources...it's a serious question, people want to know, we'll see, but this really needs to be investigated. Many Russians own empty floors of Trump Tower being managed by Junior, it looks very crooked and corrupt you know...

...and Eric, well, you know what SNL says about Eric...

You Trumpists need to be careful what you wish for, attempting to make such a yuge deal out of the Hunter Biden story...the Biden/Harris DoJ may be VERY busy tracking down the myriad issues arising out of the Trump children's activities...that is if each of these corrupt Trump children get their own special prosecutor assigned to dog them for as long as it takes to get the Hunter Biden nonsense shut down...

[/parodyfontoff]

dislaxxic

Re: Don Jr, Ivanka & Eric Trump Corruption - Important and Meaningful Issue

Post by dislaxxic »

Return to “POLITICS”