Re: Air Force 2019

Post by 10stone5 »

“Air Force Adds John Grant, Jr., To Coaching Staff”

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... taff/53318

salut1
Justafan

Post by Justafan »

Was curious of peoples opinion on Air Force this year. Was what happened last year just a speed bump for them with everything that happened and losing some key players for the season last year? Or is it more then a speed bump and has really set them back from all the progress they had made.

It seemed like before the incident last year they were ready to take the next step and not just make the NCAA bracket, but win a game and make some noise. Their 2019 and 2020 recruiting class looked really strong. A bunch of players that had many other ACC and Big ten choices they could have chosen from and decided on Air Force. For the 2019 class, I know they lost a couple of players, but it looked like they kept many of their high profile recruits. I also know that many of those recruits will go to the prep school, so we won't see many of them until the 2021 season.

I do feel like Jacksonville and Richmond are the two top dogs in the So Con with Air Force being a wild card.

Interested to hear people's opinions.
McGriff

Post by McGriff »

I was super excited to hear that John Grant Jr. was added to staff at AFA & then even more excited to get to see him today as AFA rolled into town today to take on Canisius. That was until he absolutely destroyed any respect or admiration I ever had for him and made the academy & cadets look terrible. In a clean game, with no aggressive type penalties and played in fairly consistent snow, with a minute left in the game, the top pole at CC takes a slashing penalty and all the way off the field and into the box Grant is chirping & yelling at this CC player. He continues to verbally attack the player even as he's kneeling in the box. The officials come over, the CC coaching staff, HC Mark Miyashita in particular heads into the box to confront Grant before being restrained. Confirmed by many players post game too, it was trash talk from Grant Jr. Undeniable.

Really, truly disappointed at this display from such a legend of the game. I am not sure what would posses him to act that way. The game was in hand, there was no nastiness at all during the entire game, no pushing and shoving or extended chats between players the entire game. Every-time I've ever seen an AFA team in any sport, there is usually an officer present on the sidelines representing the school, I cannot believe they will be happy by that display today from Grant.

Bad look for the academy, worse look for a legend like Grant Jr. Waaaay beneath him and the institution he represents.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”