Big East 2025

D1 Mens Lacrosse
gymman1031

Big East 2025

Post by gymman1031 »

I believe that Georgetown has, hands down, the longest current streak of consecutive conference tournaments won. They have won it each year since 2018. With the talent continuing to roll in, chances aren't half bad that might continue.

Denver had a great first year under Coach Brown. No reason to believe the solid results may not continue in a big way.

Villanova was oh so close to their first Big East Tournament title. As has been asked so many times, is 2025 the year they finally get it done?

Providence continues to show improvement under Coach Benson, who will be in his third season. They are another program looking for their first tournament title as a member of the Big East.

While Marquette's new coach doesn't have much in terms of head coaching experience, he knows and loves the program very much. And, he will be inheriting some decent talent.

Looks like St. John's may have a coach that can take them to places in the Big East. Will they continue to show a lot of improvement? And maybe even appear in the conference tournament?
NovaLax17

Re: Big East 2025

Post by NovaLax17 »

With the growth of outside NIL funding and the revenue sharing settlement agreement for FBS football conferences, the Big East will need to increase its sports branding.

The output from FS1 has done little if anything to boost men's lacrosse. The limited number of games televised and the poor video quality do not serve to generate league branding, name recognition or advertising.
Jldlax

Post by Jldlax »

Agree 100%. The FloSports deal is a disaster for the league. The ACC and Ivies have ESPN, and the Big 10 has its own network. Everything about FloSports is bad, from the pricing to announcers to stream quality.
NovaLax17

Post by NovaLax17 »

Jldlax wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2024 12:54 pm Agree 100%. The FloSports deal is a disaster for the league. The ACC and Ivies have ESPN, and the Big 10 has its own network. Everything about FloSports is bad, from the pricing to announcers to stream quality.
+1 Absolutely.
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

Jldlax wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2024 12:54 pm Agree 100%. The FloSports deal is a disaster for the league. The ACC and Ivies have ESPN, and the Big 10 has its own network. Everything about FloSports is bad, from the pricing to announcers to stream quality.
... and Patriot League and a cpl others, maybe A10 and whatever league Manhattan is in
Jldlax

Post by Jldlax »

Patriot League is on CBS Sports Network which has very solid broadcasts. No reason for the BE not to have a similar deal.
NovaLax17

Post by NovaLax17 »

Jldlax wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2024 9:16 pm Patriot League is on CBS Sports Network which has very solid broadcasts. No reason for the BE not to have a similar deal.
Unfortunately, the BE is under contract with Fox. Over the years, CBS Sports has broadcasted Nova games. Presumably, Fox sold the rights to CBS.

The BE contract is one of several challenges facing the conference. Diminishing basketball success is another.
Dux917

Post by Dux917 »

NovaLax17 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 8:57 am
Jldlax wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2024 9:16 pm Patriot League is on CBS Sports Network which has very solid broadcasts. No reason for the BE not to have a similar deal.
Unfortunately, the BE is under contract with Fox. Over the years, CBS Sports has broadcasted Nova games. Presumably, Fox sold the rights to CBS.

The BE contract is one of several challenges facing the conference. Diminishing basketball success is another.
UConn did just win the national championship in basketball about 3 months ago... I think hoops is doing o.k. The new TV deal with FOX, NBC, and TNT will bring in more $ to spread around
NovaLax17

Post by NovaLax17 »

Dux917 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 11:53 am
NovaLax17 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 8:57 am

UConn did just win the national championship in basketball about 3 months ago... I think hoops is doing o.k. The new TV deal with FOX, NBC, and TNT will bring in more $ to spread around
UConn is the only FBS team in a nonFBS conference. Overall, the league is weaker and arguably will decline as a result of the lack of branding and new financial environment. Nova basketball is down. Georgetown is a shadow of its past. Same with Seton Hall. DePaul is horrible. Marquette and Creighton pull their weight, but if UConn leaves those still schools will be insufficient to hold up the league.

The BE needs to to a better job of televising sports. FS1 is not the answer.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Providence has their 2024-2025 roster up including incoming freshmen, the surprise for me was Cameron Sterritt, Hill Academy, Goalie. Up until recently, Sterritt was uncommitted so I wasn't even sure if he was pursuing Division I lacrosse. Especially impressive during last year's (2023) Hill Academy run during which they beat some of the top teams from across the country.

https://friars.com/sports/mens-lacrosse/roster

Post by gymman1031 »

10stone5 wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 2:57 pm Providence has their 2024-2025 roster up including incoming freshmen, the surprise for me was Cameron Sterritt, Hill Academy, Goalie. Up until recently, Sterritt was uncommitted so I wasn't even sure if he was pursuing Division I lacrosse. Especially impressive during last year's (2023) Hill Academy run during which they beat some of the top teams from across the country.

https://friars.com/sports/mens-lacrosse/roster

Post by Jldlax »

Speaking of FloSports I got my check a few days back from the FloSports class action lawsuit! Enough $$ for a few burgers and beers in these inflationary times.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”