MAC 2025

D3 Mens Lacrosse
slumdogmillionaire

MAC 2025

Post by slumdogmillionaire »

My Way Too Early (Combined) Rankings
1. Stevens - The Ducks reload with consistently large transfer classes and seemingly has an endless arsenal of offensive firepower. Multiple All-Americans returning as well.
2. Stevenson - Originally thought it was a toss up with York until I saw that they were returning their top 5 scorers. The Mustangs do however need to figure out their goalie situation, 45% on the year will not cut it with (Dark Horse) Messiah.
3. York - Coming off a 10-8 season with a head-scratching loss to Eastern, yet they did beat down the 'Stangs by 10+. Hard to not have faith in the staff, rebound season is likely.
4. Messiah - I was going to put a MAC Freedom team here but Messiah has a lot of returning firepower. Teresky and Berg could seriously make All American arguments if they have a repeat season with a few more wins.
5. Arcadia - They gave Stevens the most trouble this past year and I do like their offense. Defense is large and slender as well. Two losses to Desales sting, they'll be better this year.
6. Hood - Lots returning, could beat a couple teams and make some noise.
7. Eastern - Hot and cold team, impressive win against York but got completely dismantled by Stevens. Make or break year coming.
8. Misericordia - I can see the Cougars making a run to the Freedom final, they're getting a lot coming back. Baseball team winning the D3 chip can only mean good things for the school's image and funding, not a massive help but still worth mentioning.
9. Desales - Losing a lot, D-Mid Chase Bowman was severely underrated for these guys especially in the clearing game. He will be missed.
10. Lebanon Valley - Starting to creep into the lower half of the D3 realm, the Finnish player Kiviniemi is a rather large loss.
11. Widener - Honestly not too sure of these guys, got to see their campus recently and I will say they have one of the nicer D3 stadiums I've see. (Best venue belongs to Arcadia, those castles are insane).
12. Albright - Looks like a middle school team, however still competent enough to not be in the bottom 3.
13. King's - Impressively bad team, got in the win column a few times though. Maybe they can turn some more football players into playable bodies.
14. Del Val - If they even have a team. 15 player's isn't viable for long term. They need a large freshman class for their own survival.
15. Alvernia - Sabarese is the only bright spot here.
16. FDU - The top 30 high schools in New Jersey could beat this team and that's lowballing. They didn't even have a rostered goaltender towards the end of the year. Pretty sure they need a coach as well.

I'm not 100% confident in this list and am for sure not overly knowledgeable about most of these teams so I am def willing to hear some thoughts. Nonetheless, should be a fun year of MACtion. Praying for a safe season for all
DeepPocket

Re: MAC 2025

Post by DeepPocket »

slumdogmillionaire wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 11:18 am
Enjoyed reading your takes. Impressive conference knowledge all the way down the line.

There’s a pretty good mix of MAC fandoms represented on here in the season; Bunch of York and Stevens, a Stevenson and a Messiah.

Who’s your rooting interest? (Hope it’s someplace new)
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
slumdogmillionaire

Post by slumdogmillionaire »

DeepPocket wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 11:51 am
Enjoyed reading your takes. Impressive conference knowledge all the way down the line.

There’s a pretty good mix of MAC fandoms represented on here in the season; Bunch of York and Stevens, a Stevenson and a Messiah.

Thanks DP! I only recently been following these guys and would have to go with the Ducks as my squad. I grew up close to the FDU campus and was obsessed with the Stevenson U docs from ECD when I was younger but I really appreciate it all in general. Really a slept on umbrella conference especially with Drake Porter at Messiah and Ryan Drenner at York. Obviously not a Liberty League, ODAC, or Centennial but its still a ton of fun!
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

slumdogmillionaire wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 12:24 pm
DeepPocket wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 11:51 am

Thanks DP! I only recently been following these guys and would have to go with the Ducks as my squad. I grew up close to the FDU campus and was obsessed with the Stevenson U docs from ECD when I was younger but I really appreciate it all in general. Really a slept on umbrella conference especially with Drake Porter at Messiah and Ryan Drenner at York. Obviously not a Liberty League, ODAC, or Centennial but its still a ton of fun!
Nice! Yes, I see big things coming in the MAC. Stevens, Stevenson and York have been perennial top 20s. Messiah and Eastern seemingly on the cusp, in and out of the top 35 conversation. Arcadia, Hood, DeSales and Misericordia making strides every year.

2 AQs. Potential for a true power conference. Good stuff.
Laxattackjack

Post by Laxattackjack »

i will make a bold prediction that 2025 won’t see much change in the MAC

York and Stevens will go undefeated again
those will be the only two teams from the MAC to make the tourney.

every team is losing key parts. but York and Stevens are just deeper. it took Easterns best game of the year vs Yorks worst game of the year, for Eastern to win by one goal. it won’t happen again. we saw how well York can dominate anyone in the MAC (even Stevenson) when they are up for the game.

the only change i am predicting for the Freedom is that Hood will make the playoffs over Eastern this year.
NElaxtalent

Post by NElaxtalent »

slumdogmillionaire wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 11:18 am My Way Too Early (Combined) Rankings
1. Stevens - The Ducks reload with consistently large transfer classes and seemingly has an endless arsenal of offensive firepower. Multiple All-Americans returning as well.
2. Stevenson - Originally thought it was a toss up with York until I saw that they were returning their top 5 scorers. The Mustangs do however need to figure out their goalie situation, 45% on the year will not cut it with (Dark Horse) Messiah.
3. York - Coming off a 10-8 season with a head-scratching loss to Eastern, yet they did beat down the 'Stangs by 10+. Hard to not have faith in the staff, rebound season is likely.
4. Messiah - I was going to put a MAC Freedom team here but Messiah has a lot of returning firepower. Teresky and Berg could seriously make All American arguments if they have a repeat season with a few more wins.
While I agree exactly with your 2025 projections, I would make my Commonwealth ones in pencil.

York has relinquished their Commonwealth stranglehold (obviously), yielding to Stevenson via a loss to struggling Eastern, while also giving up 19 goals to Messiah at the end of the regular season.

The case for Stevenson is thus weakened by their late season, 12 goal loss to York. That concerning result is supported by also yielding 19 goals to Messiah in the semi-final W. Thr Union W (@ Union) is impressive but bear in mind Union had been the subject of a ton of over-rated conversation all season. Hard to say.

Of note, both York and Stevenson graduate a ton, especially on Defense. Messiah does not. Again, I agree on your rankings but I would not be surprised at all by a 2025 realignment. The transfer portal, incoming Freshmen and 2025 roster health / depth will be key factors.
Laxattackjack

Post by Laxattackjack »

NElaxtalent wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 11:44 am
slumdogmillionaire wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 11:18 am My Way Too Early (Combined) Rankings
While I agree exactly with your 2025 projections, I would make my Commonwealth ones in pencil.

York has relinquished their Commonwealth stranglehold (obviously), yielding to Stevenson via a loss to struggling Eastern, while also giving up 19 goals to Messiah at the end of the regular season.

The case for Stevenson is thus weakened by their late season, 12 goal loss to York. That concerning result is supported by also yielding 19 goals to Messiah in the semi-final W. Thr Union W (@ Union) is impressive but bear in mind Union had been the subject of a ton of over-rated conversation all season. Hard to say.

Of note, both York and Stevenson graduate a ton, especially on Defense. Messiah does not. Again, I agree on your rankings but I would not be surprised at all by a 2025 realignment. The transfer portal, incoming Freshmen and 2025 roster health / depth will be key factors.
how has york relinquished to stevenson when they have haven’t lost to them in a few years, and each win seems to be by a larger margin. if you watched the most recent game, it looked like york was subbing in the bench early in the second half, and still maintained the dominance. york is still the king until stevenson can knock them down.
NElaxtalent

Post by NElaxtalent »

I'm NOT a Stevenson guy but I'm pretty sure they have a 2024 Trophy that says MAC-COMMONWEALTH Champions along with an NCAA road win (on #11s home field).

Just my $0.02
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

NElaxtalent wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 3:14 pm I'm NOT a Stevenson guy but I'm pretty sure they have a 2024 Trophy that says MAC-COMMONWEALTH Champions along with an NCAA road win (on #11s home field).

Just my $0.02
You’re correct. I’ve long given Stevenson a puncher’s chance vs many a team out of their weight class. The talent on that roster is always a known quantity. Perhaps just the right amount of underrated Stevenson playing with a chip vs, dare I say, overrated Union, looking ahead to bigger names. Either way, “that’s why they play the game.”

Stevenson wears the MAC-C crown for now. FWIW though, I’ve always liked York playing the role of the hunter more than the hunted. And it would be remiss to think that the ‘Stangs didn’t breathe a sigh of relief with the Eastern upset of York, much like Tufts likely did on W&L over Salisbury.

I love seeing them back in the conversation, not just for the MAC but for the NCAA’s. I’d personally like nothing more than 2 AQs and 2 at larges coming out of this MAC grouping, and I don’t think we’re far off from that.
NElaxtalent

Post by NElaxtalent »

DeepPocket wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2024 8:37 am
NElaxtalent wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 3:14 pm I'm NOT a Stevenson guy but I'm pretty sure they have a 2024 Trophy that says MAC-COMMONWEALTH Champions along with an NCAA road win (on #11s home field).

Just my $0.02
Stevenson wears the MAC-C crown for now...

I love seeing them back in the conversation, not just for the MAC but for the NCAA’s. I’d personally like nothing more than 2 AQs and 2 at larges coming out of this MAC grouping, and I don’t think we’re far off from that.
Deep, great perspective as always. To me, we're entering an interesting phase.

Do Eastern & Widener rebuild themselves or fade as Hood & Messiah ascend?

Do Stevenson & York defend the top tier of the Commonwealth or does Messiah crash the party in 2025?

Does Messiah's upward trajectory plateau as Carson's former D1 recruits/contacts begin to depart or does the FCA => Messiah path become a 4-lane highway???
Last edited by NElaxtalent on Wed Jul 03, 2024 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
laxrules

Post by laxrules »

Messiah is the team I am interested in on CW side.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”