The Best Goalie of all time D1

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Mr3Putt

The Best Goalie of all time D1

Post by Mr3Putt »

Ive been around. Ok? Schmoiler, Locassio , Kevin Mahon, Larry Quinn, Rick Blick, Van Arsdale, Tommy Sears, Tillman Johnson , Quint Kessinich, Palumb, Weirmann, Malloy, Dan Mackessey…….. I think Liam Entenamann is possibly the greatest of all time. And I don’t care about the desserts: International play, PLL - stuff . Why ? Because no one cares about it. And, either do I!
Last edited by Mr3Putt on Mon May 27, 2024 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DocBarrister

Re: The Best Goalie of all time D1

Post by DocBarrister »

Mr3Putt wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 4:51 pm Ive been around. Ok? Schmoiler, Locassio , Kevin Mahon, Larry Quinn, Rick Blick, Van Arsdale, Tommy Sears, Tillman Johnson , Quint Kessinich, Palumb, Weirmann, Malloy, Dan Mackessey…….. I think Liam Entenamann is possibly the greatest of all time. And I don’t care about the deserts- International play, PLL - stuff . Why ? Because no one cares about it. And, either do I!
Uh, ever hear of some guy named Mike Federico?

DocBarrister :)
@DocBarrister
Mr3Putt

Post by Mr3Putt »

Yes ! I missed one Doc, you are correct, an all timer.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Mr3Putt wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 4:56 pm Yes ! I missed one Doc, you are correct, an all timer.
That’s ok! I am impressed that you actually (appropriately) included Quint on the list.

@DocBarrister
jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

Of the last few decades, it's Tillman Johnson

Previous few, Larry Quinn and Bacigalupo have pretty much unimpeachable resumes but there were a lot of great ones

Entenmann was very good, great throughout his career at points and particularly in the '23 tournament. But there were others right there with them; and he wasn't 03 tournament Johnson at any point
44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

If Matt Russell had Piggy's or LQ's defense in front of him, he would have been on your list.

Or even QK's defense.
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

jrn19 wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 5:02 pm Of the last few decades, it's Tillman Johnson

Previous few, Larry Quinn and Bacigalupo have pretty much unimpeachable resumes but there were a lot of great ones

Entenmann was very good, great throughout his career at points and particularly in the '23 tournament. But there were others right there with them; and he wasn't 03 tournament Johnson at any point
Mickey Jarboe
Mr3Putt

Post by Mr3Putt »

LaxPundit07 wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 5:04 pm
jrn19 wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 5:02 pm Of the last few decades, it's Tillman Johnson

Mickey Jarboe
Mickey was wonderful. And a super person! But you have to incorporated into the NCAA tournament!
Mr3Putt

Post by Mr3Putt »

DocBarrister wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 5:01 pm
Mr3Putt wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 4:56 pm Yes ! I missed one Doc, you are correct, an all timer.
That’s ok! I am impressed that you actually (appropriately) included Quint on the list.

Doc I love Larry & Quint! Great
People.
Mr3Putt

Post by Mr3Putt »

There u go! I forgot Scott , Bacigalupo is must do! I forgot him. An all timer. Here’s to St Paul’s .
Comeonman

Post by Comeonman »

Mr3Putt wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 4:51 pm Ive been around. Ok? Schmoiler, Locassio , Kevin Mahon, Larry Quinn, Rick Blick, Van Arsdale, Tommy Sears, Tillman Johnson , Quint Kessinich, Palumb, Weirmann, Malloy, Dan Mackessey…….. I think Liam Entenamann is possibly the greatest of all time. And I don’t care about the desserts: International play, PLL - stuff . Why ? Because no one cares about it. And, either do I!
Not even close. Played for some great teams, but he has a ton of sub 50% games in his career and his save percentage over that span is somewhere around only 57% with goals against average over 9. Too inconsistent.
Mr3Putt

Post by Mr3Putt »

Comeonman wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 5:16 pm
Mr3Putt wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 4:51 pm Ive been around. Ok? Schmoiler, Locassio , Kevin Mahon, Larry Quinn, Rick Blick, Van Arsdale, Tommy Sears, Tillman Johnson , Quint Kessinich, Palumb, Weirmann, Malloy, Dan Mackessey…….. I think Liam Entenamann is possibly the greatest of all time. And I don’t care about the desserts: International play, PLL - stuff . Why ? Because no one cares about it. And, either do I!
Not even close. Played for some great teams, but he has a ton of sub 50% games in his career and his save percentage over that span is somewhere around only 57% with goals against average over 9. Too inconsistent.
Easy, you had a great year. GT had been good for lacrosse, go sit down.
Mr3Putt

Post by Mr3Putt »

Comeonman wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 5:16 pm
Easy, you had a great year. GT had been good for lacrosse, go sit down. Let me guess ? Dc or Philly area?
Last edited by Mr3Putt on Mon May 27, 2024 5:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

schmioler, locasio, sheehan, bacigalupo, johnson, from old guard. don't know 70's to early-early 80's. maybe beardmore and doc. newer guys are tougher. mostly because the ball comes so fast, shot fakes, etc. some ridiculous goalies, but quite a few of them seem on equal footing, but only bc the job's so tough. entenmann's in that group.
Mr3Putt

Post by Mr3Putt »

wgdsr wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 5:18 pm schmioler, locasio, sheehan, bacigalupo, johnson, from old guard. don't know 70's to early-early 80's. maybe beardmore and doc. newer guys are tougher. mostly because the ball comes so fast, shot fakes, etc. some ridiculous goalies, but quite a few of them seem on equal footing, but only bc the job's so tough. entenmann's in that group.
I enjoyed Beardmore , but that was more about the extra curricular. Running out of the cage, and making special saves
BlueJaySince1947

Post by BlueJaySince1947 »

Larry Quinn hands down...was POY for two consecutive seasons.
Finster

Post by Finster »

Lacrosse has so many fans who demand superlative labels. ^^^

Entenmann’s a great goalie, but he wasn’t even top-5 in D1 this year. Slow your roll.
BlueJaySince1947

Post by BlueJaySince1947 »

Mr3Putt wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 5:31 pm
wgdsr wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 5:18 pm schmioler, locasio, sheehan, bacigalupo, johnson, from old guard. don't know 70's to early-early 80's. maybe beardmore and doc. newer guys are tougher. mostly because the ball comes so fast, shot fakes, etc. some ridiculous goalies, but quite a few of them seem on equal footing, but only bc the job's so tough. entenmann's in that group.
I enjoyed Beardmore , but that was more about the extra curricular. Running out of the cage, and making special saves
He was quite a Hot Dog with his runs down field.
But...in the playoffs against the Jays in 1987 Don Zimmerman had him decked when he started his antics.
Jays won against what was then called the greatest Twerps team ever...great fun.
Mr3Putt

Post by Mr3Putt »

Finster wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 5:34 pm
It’s simple, look at your posts. MD had a wonderful run. Ajax Zap wasn’t going do anything today . Tillman squeezed all the juice he could out of this team. But your post is typical

Lacrosse has so many fans who demand superlative labels. ^^^

Entenmann’s a great goalie, but he wasn’t even top-5 in D1 this year. Slow your roll.
Mr3Putt

Post by Mr3Putt »

BlueJaySince1947 wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 5:32 pm Larry Quinn hands down...was POY for two consecutive seasons.
When I break down goalies I always go back to Larry. . I agree. But this guys is in the conversation. So what was Larry’s specialty? LENGTH! Liam Eentenamnn is is in the conversation.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”