Lots of these girls….

D1 Womens Lacrosse
ProudPapa

Lots of these girls….

Post by ProudPapa »

…Have celebrated 3 Senior Days. Hope we get back to 4 years and done normalcy.
Hello

Re: Lots of these girls….

Post by Hello »

Just look at all the grad students on the IWLCA AA list...
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

We'll be back to normal 5th year redshirts after this year. No more covid eligibility...
ProudPapa

Post by ProudPapa »

It’s too bad that so many career records (NCAA and individual schools) will be held by girls that played 6 years
Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

ProudPapa wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 9:13 am It’s too bad that so many career records (NCAA and individual schools) will be held by girls that played 6 years
Some of these record holders only played 4 years plus 7 games .
LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

Madlax59 wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 9:20 am
ProudPapa wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 9:13 am It’s too bad that so many career records (NCAA and individual schools) will be held by girls that played 6 years
They should still have an asterisk then. Unfair comparison for future players.
njbill

Post by njbill »

I assume you are talking about Izzy. She played four full seasons plus 7 games in 2020.

I certainly agree that in retrospect, granting the extra Covid year was a mistake, but that is water under the bridge at this point. And after this year, we are basically done with the Covid players, except for a few stragglers (injuries plus D3 to D1 (not many of those)).
hsllax

Post by hsllax »

Look at Scane’s number of games played. Totally in line with a 4 year player on a team that makes deep conference and NCAA runs. You can make an argument for 2 more years to understand the game but I also think a lot of you underestimate the physical toll of being an elite D1 attacker. It’s pretty brutal on you body vs. a fresh 18 year old with out 5 more years of pounding.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

LaxDadMax wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 9:22 am They should still have an asterisk then. Unfair comparison for future players.

This topic was discussed a season or so ago. The idea that the extra COVID year is giving players an advantage in record-breaking is a fantasy. If you look at the total number of games played, they are well within the normal range for other athletes in the record books that had standard 4-year careers. Scane will play in 84 career games. Megan Whittle played in 90, TC played in 92, and Kayla Treanor played in 94. Additionally, the past several years we have seen players who have now played their entire careers in the shot-clock era. More possessions, draws, and changes of possessions = more stats all around.
hsllax

Post by hsllax »

Look at Scane’s number of games played. Totally in line with a 4 year player on a team that makes deep conference and NCAA runs. You can make an argument for 2 more years to understand the game but I also think a lot of you underestimate the physical toll of being an elite D1 attacker. It’s pretty brutal on you body vs. a fresh 18 year old with out 5 more years of pounding. I think there’s less of an advantage to 6 years (and again 4 seasons playing plus 1 major lower body injury).
ultravisitor

Post by ultravisitor »

LaxDadMax wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 9:22 am
Right. Everyone needs to be aware that Izzy Scane really wasn’t that good.
Womenslaxxfan

Post by Womenslaxxfan »

ultravisitor wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 1:03 pm
The cat is out of the bag. Move on. No asterisks will be given. I’m so glad that starting next year we won’t have to hear from club coaches and parents who didn’t like the Covid year decision.
ultravisitor

Post by ultravisitor »

Womenslaxxfan wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 1:08 pm
The cat is out of the bag. Move on. No asterisks will be given. I’m so glad that starting next year we won’t have to hear from club coaches and parents who didn’t like the Covid year decision.
I hope you realize that I was joking. Izzy Scane really is that good.

I don't even see the point about complaining about the COVID year. If someone is mad that their daughter isn't playing enough because of the older team members, I mean...their daughter still might not be playing much even if the COVID year wasn't given.
Womenslaxxfan

Post by Womenslaxxfan »

ultravisitor wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 1:18 pm
Womenslaxxfan wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 1:08 pm
I hope you realize that I was joking. Izzy Scane really is that good.

I don't even see the point about complaining about the COVID year. If someone is mad that their daughter isn't playing enough because of the older team members, I mean...their daughter still might not be playing much even if the COVID year wasn't given.
I was agreeing with your sentiment!!

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”