39%
Princeton
61%

Total votes: 36

AreaLax

#7 Maryland vs Princeton Saturday @ 7:30

Post by AreaLax »

Let’s go
Last edited by AreaLax on Thu May 09, 2024 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
HopFan16

Re: #7 Maryland vs Princeton Saturday @ 7:30

Post by HopFan16 »

"Never bet against Tillman in the tournament" was not a good strategy last year but this time I think Maryland's experience pays off against Princeton's young guys. Wierman absolutely dominated McMeekin at the X last time out.
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

As HopFan16 said, face-offs. Maryland won 21 of 24 in the Terps-Tigers game earlier this year. Princeton has improved a lot since that game, and McKeekin has looked strong in some games; the Tigers need to neutralize Wierman to have a realistic chance of winning.
DA/PU

Post by DA/PU »

FOs will be huge. Meek has come on as of late and played really well but Weirman is a different animal. If tigers can tilt possessions more in their favor they have a shot. Easier said than done.

Would be nice is espn decided not to film the game from a blimp as usual but assume that’s where everyone has to broadcast from. Worst tv set up in college lax.
molo

Post by molo »

Princeton’s young guys have improved steadily. Maryland is an excellent program having a down year, and they may be missing a key offensive player from an o that lacks initiators. Loathe as I may be to pick against the Terps I’m May, I think the Tigers take this one by a couple.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Maryland is a very good team and Tillman is the best coach of his era.

Still, this is not the Terps’ year. I will go with Princeton on the non-upset upset.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
masondixonlax

Post by masondixonlax »

molo wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 1:36 pm Princeton’s young guys have improved steadily. Maryland is an excellent program having a down year, and they may be missing a key offensive player from an o that lacks initiators. Loathe as I may be to pick against the Terps I’m May, I think the Tigers take this one by a couple.
Agree. I think tigers win by atleast 3gs. Don’t think it will be a repeat at the X like earlier this season. Both two very different teams from when they played
coda

Post by coda »

FannOLax wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 10:46 am As HopFan16 said, face-offs. Maryland won 21 of 24 in the Terps-Tigers game earlier this year. Princeton has improved a lot since that game, and McKeekin has looked strong in some games; the Tigers need to neutralize Wierman to have a realistic chance of winning.
need to put it in perspective though. 2 of his last 3 games were vs Yale, who resorted to using a 1 legged Fogo. That was easy pickings. He went 56% vs Penn, who is ranked 56th out of 73 D1 lax teams at .461 win percentage on the year. He has looked good, but he done it vs some poor competition. Will be interesting to see, if he has grown or it was just poor competition
keno in reno

Post by keno in reno »

Feels like last season. A younger, hungrier, more athletic team and more offensively talented team wins in CP again.
XLdad

Post by XLdad »

Princeton goalie more than offset the Maryland fogo in the first game. I believe he had close to 20 saves..should be a good game but Princeton fogo probably should be judged by the whole season (49%?) not by what he did against an very injured Yale fogo group...
Cheeseandcrackers

Post by Cheeseandcrackers »

Anybody know if Erksa is playing?
coda

Post by coda »

XLdad wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 3:48 pm Princeton goalie more than offset the Maryland fogo in the first game. I believe he had close to 20 saves..should be a good game but Princeton fogo probably should be judged by the whole season (49%?) not by what he did against an very injured Yale fogo group...
Imagine saying Maryland would be at a huge disadvantage at goalie when the season started, but it is true. McNaney finished the year with the worst save percentage in the Big 10.
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

coda wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 3:38 pm
FannOLax wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 10:46 am As HopFan16 said, face-offs. Maryland won 21 of 24 in the Terps-Tigers game earlier this year. Princeton has improved a lot since that game, and McKeekin has looked strong in some games; the Tigers need to neutralize Wierman to have a realistic chance of winning.
need to put it in perspective though. 2 of his last 3 games were vs Yale, who resorted to using a 1 legged Fogo. That was easy pickings. He went 56% vs Penn, who is ranked 56th out of 73 D1 lax teams at .461 win percentage on the year. He has looked good, but he done it vs some poor competition. Will be interesting to see, if he has grown or it was just poor competition
Yes, all three of Yale's FOGOs were carrying substantial injuries, and Yale even resorted to having a few LSMs take some face-offs late in both Princeton games. Princeton's top FOGO McKeekin also went 65% against Duke, 39% against Lehigh, 50% against Brown. If he can't solve Wierman, I think Princeton will find it tough to win at Maryland.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

FannOLax wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 4:01 pm
Yes, all three of Yale's FOGOs were carrying substantial injuries, and Yale even resorted to having a few LSMs take some face-offs late in both Princeton games. Princeton's top FOGO McKeekin also went 65% against Duke, 39% against Lehigh, 50% against Brown. If he can't solve Wierman, I think Princeton will find it tough to win at Maryland.
I will be surprised if McMeekin is 1-16 versus Maryland at this point in the year. Maryland won by 5 early in the year. Princeton had a lot of guys seeing playing time for the first time in their careers. A lot of player development has taken place since then and offensive and def rotations have been settled. I give a slight edge to Maryland but Princeton has been better on both sides of the ball over the course of the season than Maryland. I would bet that Maryland’s offensive and defensive efficiency are the lowest they have been in 8 years. I would actually bet on Maryland but I suspect a competitive game. Time will tell. It is house money for Princeton this year. Next year is a different story.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
coda

Post by coda »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 4:08 pm
I will be surprised if McMeekin is 1-16 versus Maryland at this point in the year. Maryland won by 5 early in the year. Princeton had a lot of guys seeing playing time for the first time in their careers. A lot of player development has taken place since then and offensive and def rotations have been settled. I give a slight edge to Maryland but Princeton has been better on both sides of the ball over the course of the season than Maryland. I would bet that Maryland’s offensive and defensive efficiency are the lowest they have been in 8 years. I would actually bet on Maryland but I suspect a competitive game. Time will tell. It is house money for Princeton this year. Next year is a different story.
They have a final 4 defense. They struggle on offense, especially creating space dodging.
Typical Lax Dad

coda wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 4:12 pm
They have a final 4 defense. They struggle on offense, especially creating space dodging.
Princeton or Maryland? Could be both.
Finster

Post by Finster »

Maryland getting zero love from the Fanlax community for the poll.

Interesting.

Hopkins fans flooding the poll, or truth?
PulpExposure

Post by PulpExposure »

Maryland won by 5 early in the year. Princeton had a lot of guys seeing playing time for the first time in their careers. A lot of player development has taken place since then and offensive and def rotations have been settled.
Maryland won by 6. You make it seem like Princeton hadn't played anyone, but that was Princeton's 3rd game, so not sure how many of those guys hadn't seen the field yet (especially since the two games for Princeton before were blowouts). Yes, the freshman have been getting better, but Kabiri had a monster day (4 goals). Gianforcaro also had a great day (61% saves, above his average this year) else the score would have been more out of hand.

I do think Princeton is playing better right now, and Maryland is playing worse, so I'm less confident in this result than had they played 3 games ago. But I think this is the Terps game to win.
Typical Lax Dad

PulpExposure wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 6:15 pm
Maryland won by 5 early in the year. Princeton had a lot of guys seeing playing time for the first time in their careers. A lot of player development has taken place since then and offensive and def rotations have been settled.
Maryland won by 6. You make it seem like Princeton hadn't played anyone, but that was Princeton's 3rd game, so not sure how many of those guys hadn't seen the field yet (especially since the two games for Princeton before were blowouts). Yes, the freshman have been getting better, but Kabiri had a monster day (4 goals). Gianforcaro also had a great day (61% saves, above his average this year) else the score would have been more out of hand.

I do think Princeton is playing better right now, and Maryland is playing worse, so I'm less confident in this result than had they played 3 games ago. But I think this is the Terps game to win.
My fault, Maryland won by 6 not 5…..as for experience, I am talking about relatively experience. Who were those first two games against? That competition got those greenhorns up to speed for Maryland. Anyway, I see the game being more competitive….maybe not. Maryland could win by 7 or 8 this time instead of something closer…..you left out the part where I said I would bet on Maryland and I expect the game to be closer. I could be wrong. Maybe Maryland blows them out. This is a gravy season for Tigers. Little was expected.
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Thu May 09, 2024 6:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

Cheeseandcrackers wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 3:50 pm Anybody know if Erksa is playing?
Last I heard he is in concussion protocol

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”