D1 Mens Lacrosse
OCanada

Re: Coaches Fired for Cause

Post by OCanada »

wgdsr wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 9:23 am
OCanada wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:32 pm
wgdsr wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:48 pm
OCanada wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:36 pm
Gorilla Fan wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:29 pm Starsia: Had one of his athletes murder a UVA woman’s player. Not fired immediately

Pressler: His team hired a couple of cheap, low grade hookers on Spring Break which turned South

Thompson - Amherst: Players allegedly had racial allegations on dorms

Bates: Princeton, illegal elbow to a player actually playing?

What else?
Starsia - there was a lawsuit filed that pretty much tied UVA and Dom together for a time
shocker, ocanada back with this. if that were even remotely true, why did starsia's tenure end the way it did?
Shocker yourself. Them is the facts. Apparently i know the situation better than you do. You have continuously tried to minimize the reality. Call the Commonwealth Attorney if the same is still in office or the AD at the time.
so won't answer then? when was the lawsuit in the rear view mirror? and if they were tied at the hip to it, why was starsia offered a multi-year extension in 2016, but told he needed to drop his assistant(s)? because that sounds like the one thing an ad wouldn't have done no matter when the lawsuit was no longer active if what you're saying had any merit.
You are disgusting

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/ju ... -rcna27069

Yardley’s mom filed a lawsuit which i understand goes to trial imminently
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

laxfan1313 wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 9:46 am
Gorilla Fan wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:29 pm Starsia: Had one of his athletes murder a UVA woman’s player. Not fired immediately

Pressler: His team hired a couple of cheap, low grade hookers on Spring Break which turned South

What else?
Starsia - there was a lawsuit filed that pretty much tied UVA and Dom together for a time
shocker, ocanada back with this. if that were even remotely true, why did starsia's tenure end the way it did?
Shocker yourself. Them is the facts. Apparently i know the situation better than you do. You have continuously tried to minimize the reality. Call the Commonwealth Attorney if the same is still in office or the AD at the time.
so won't answer then? when was the lawsuit in the rear view mirror? and if they were tied at the hip to it, why was starsia offered a multi-year extension in 2016, but told he needed to drop his assistant(s)? because that sounds like the one thing an ad wouldn't have done no matter when the lawsuit was no longer active if what you're saying had any merit.
FWIW, the commonwealth attorneys only deal with criminal matters. A lawsuit is civil. Virginia Court records for the Albemarle County, VA Circuit Court have no record of Starsia as a party to a lawsuit or a criminal matter.
it was originally brought in louisa county in 2012.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:11 pm

What else?
I don’t know about a lawsuit but I do know that for Dom to not be aware of the kids personality and anger issues would be near impossible as many were familiar with it already. That’s not good in general then you throw in the bratten brothers from LI and a few other situations (goalie in Dewey or Reheboth arrested for rush which is college but also a public problem for Dom, if want can tie road raging maniac fifth yr he took in from Bucknell with the arrest in the Hamptons-it started to add up like the arrest count annually in the ajc for the UGA football team)not was clear he got too loose in the back end like Urick, desks and Petro. And how UNC seems perpetually.
Will Sutton deserves mention. Also a M lax team member dating a F lax player. Will was from LI. I used to talk with him from time to time. Screen name was Willie Wahoo. He was very proud to be going to UVA. He left campus fir home where he committed suicide. Just before he left he went to her room. Fortunately she was not there. The adjective used by someone close was “toxic” between the two teams

Dom was cautioned about the Braxtons before they committed. Three schools in active pursuit were Cuse, Virginia and Hopkins. Hopkins withdrew after attening one of their hoops games where they blowing off what their coach wanted them to do. Virginia offered a package Cuse could not compete with. Their first year on campus issues began to develop.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

OCanada wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 9:57 am

What else?
You are disgusting

answer the question, then. if they were tied together (and still are?), then why was the extension offered only in lieu of axing assistants? because if you can't answer that, your premise is b*******.
laxfan1313

Post by laxfan1313 »

wgdsr wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 10:06 am

What else?
FWIW, the commonwealth attorneys only deal with criminal matters. A lawsuit is civil. Virginia Court records for the Albemarle County, VA Circuit Court have no record of Starsia as a party to a lawsuit or a criminal matter.
Who or what was/were the party defendant? UVA? Starsia? The killer?
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

laxfan1313 wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 11:37 am
wgdsr wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 10:06 am

What else?
Who or what was/were the party defendant? UVA? Starsia? The killer?
uva, uva coaches, the ad and the state.
molo

Post by molo »

Why Louisa County? The U is in Albemarle and the murder occurred in Charlottesville. Charlottesville is a city independent of Albemarle County.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

molo wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 11:58 am Why Louisa County? The U is in Albemarle and the murder occurred in Charlottesville. Charlottesville is a city independent of Albemarle County.
bc it was circuit court? don't know why.
laxfan1313

Post by laxfan1313 »

wgdsr wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 12:04 pm
molo wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 11:58 am Why Louisa County? The U is in Albemarle and the murder occurred in Charlottesville. Charlottesville is a city independent of Albemarle County.
Were any of the defendants dismissed from the case pre-trial?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

ugh, specific people and old news.

I guess if there's still a case pending not entirely 'old' but ugh.
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Wed May 01, 2024 12:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lacrossefan25

Post by Lacrossefan25 »

OCanada wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 10:10 am

What else?
I don’t know about a lawsuit but I do know that for Dom to not be aware of the kids personality and anger issues would be near impossible as many were familiar with it already. That’s not good in general then you throw in the bratten brothers from LI and a few other situations (goalie in Dewey or Reheboth arrested for rush which is college but also a public problem for Dom, if want can tie road raging maniac fifth yr he took in from Bucknell with the arrest in the Hamptons-it started to add up like the arrest count annually in the ajc for the UGA football team)not was clear he got too loose in the back end like Urick, desks and Petro. And how UNC seems perpetually.
Will Sutton deserves mention. Also a M lax team member dating a F lax player. Will was from LI. I used to talk with him from time to time. Screen name was Willie Wahoo. He was very proud to be going to UVA. He left campus fir home where he committed suicide. Just before he left he went to her room. Fortunately she was not there. The adjective used by someone close was “toxic” between the two teams

Dom was cautioned about the Braxtons before they committed. Three schools in active pursuit were Cuse, Virginia and Hopkins. Hopkins withdrew after attening one of their hoops games where they blowing off what their coach wanted them to do. Virginia offered a package Cuse could not compete with. Their first year on campus issues began to develop.
What did the brattons do?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Lacrossefan25 wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 12:31 pm
OCanada wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 10:10 am

What else?

What did the brattons do?
I'd recommend using google.

For instance: https://dailyprogress.com/news/communit ... b6d8f.html

More recently: https://www.theleaderonline.com/single- ... e-burglary

Very talented players.
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Wed May 01, 2024 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

laxfan1313 wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 12:26 pm
wgdsr wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 12:04 pm
Were any of the defendants dismissed from the case pre-trial?
i don't know anything past the filing. didn't look too hard, but a few searches didn't divulge anything further than that. i ask ocanada because he claims to know everything, but he won't ever give any details or answer any questions to the opaque ish that he throws against the wall it seems like every year.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

ICGrad wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 7:50 am
laxfan1313 wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 5:51 am People who post here and think they have the right to know about private personnel matters as well as the medical condition of a player (another issue) are mistaken.
I mean, not really a "private personnel matter." The termination of a very successful head coach mere months before a highly-anticipated season (and in the wake of aforementioned scandal swirling around the team) is hardly private.

And I'm not sure I mentioned anything about the medical condition of a player. Is this some hint as to other reasons behind his firing? If so, are you trolling us by being the one to bring it up? ("Medical condition of a player? What medical condition of a player?!?"...lol). I mean, do tell...

But yes, I agree that I have no right to any private information re: the medical conditions of players, and I don't believe I've ever claimed otherwise.
Its not private if they're putting out press releases that was a silly comment and the medical stuff is a red herring.
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

laxfan1313 wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 9:01 am
laxfan1313 wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 5:51 am People who post here and think they have the right to know about private personnel matters as well as the medical condition of a player (another issue) are mistaken.
I mean, not really a "private personnel matter." The termination of a very successful head coach mere months before a highly-anticipated season (and in the wake of aforementioned scandal swirling around the team) is hardly private.

And I'm not sure I mentioned anything about the medical condition of a player. Is this some hint as to other reasons behind his firing? If so, are you trolling us by being the one to bring it up? ("Medical condition of a player? What medical condition of a player?!?"...lol). I mean, do tell...

But yes, I agree that I have no right to any private information re: the medical conditions of players, and I don't believe I've ever claimed otherwise.
I was clear that the medical condition issue is separate from Ben's situation. That's just another example of a situation that remains private, yet some on this website think they have the right to know about. We'll have to agree to disagree regarding personnel matters. If you just have to know, just phone Ben at Delaware and ask him. I'll refrain from commenting on MD76's usual "War & Peace" post. Let this thread die!
Can't call it private

https://cnycentral.com/news/local/forme ... out-firing
See Martin, Malcolm
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

What else?
You are disgusting

Interesting.

“But Bekman said the finding of willful and wanton misconduct means that Huguely will not be able to have the $15 million in compensatory damages dismissed by a bankruptcy court if he argues that he does not have the assets to pay the judgment.”
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

wgdsr wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 10:11 am

What else?
You are disgusting

answer the question, then. if they were tied together (and still are?), then why was the extension offered only in lieu of axing assistants? because if you can't answer that, your premise is b*******.
This guy was a senior exec at Wachovia who was fired for a bad acquisition (money tree or money store I forget) that wasn't his idea to acquire. Sometimes fall guys are needed.
See Martin, Malcolm
laxfan1313

Post by laxfan1313 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 2:58 pm

I was clear that the medical condition issue is separate from Ben's situation. That's just another example of a situation that remains private, yet some on this website think they have the right to know about. We'll have to agree to disagree regarding personnel matters. If you just have to know, just phone Ben at Delaware and ask him. I'll refrain from commenting on MD76's usual "War & Peace" post. Let this thread die!
Can't call it private

I'm beginning to suspect you are a troll Farfromgeneva. Did you read the article you linked? Ben says this: " "For reasons which still remain unclear to me, after seventeen years as a student-athlete and coach in the Men's Lacrosse program at Cornell University, I will be parting ways with the University and move on to the next chapter in my professional career." So the article fails to confirm the circumstances that precipitated his departure. There is also some speculation in the article which also fails to confirm the circumstances. So it remains private over 10 years later.
Enough said (I hope).
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

laxfan1313 wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 5:54 pm

Can't call it private

I'm beginning to suspect you are a troll Farfromgeneva. Did you read the article you linked? Ben says this: " "For reasons which still remain unclear to me, after seventeen years as a student-athlete and coach in the Men's Lacrosse program at Cornell University, I will be parting ways with the University and move on to the next chapter in my professional career." So the article fails to confirm the circumstances that precipitated his departure. There is also some speculation in the article which also fails to confirm the circumstances. So it remains private over 10 years later.
Enough said (I hope).
:roll: sheesh, the University has a legal obligation to not discuss termination reasons, DeLuca is making a choice not to do so. Believe him or don't believe him, up to the reader.

But the facts of the termination are public.
DeLuca's statement saying he doesn't know the reasons (from at least one perspective casting shade on University) is also public.
The other issue re a hazing incident was/is public, though the details of individuals were quite properly not disclosed by the University.

There very well could be other factors leading to his termination, but I think we can all agree it wasn't the W-L record.

Agreed?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

laxfan1313 wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 5:54 pm

Can't call it private

Enough said (I hope).
Yes but he opened the door if Cornell didn’t the recent that this all isn’t private ought to be clear. I’m just using logic is that what trolling is to you? But I guess you want to pick a fight. He’s clearly making a public record here. What is so hard to understand?

Doesn’t matter what you say you put out a press release and it no longer private. You really aren’t getting it but just want to defend and fight. Cool. Your whole post there including medical stuff was specious nonsense .
Last edited by Farfromgeneva on Wed May 01, 2024 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
See Martin, Malcolm

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”