Coaches Fired for Cause

D1 Mens Lacrosse
DocBarrister

Re: Coaches Fired for Cause

Post by DocBarrister »

howdyyall wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:25 pm
Brownlax wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:20 pm
Gorilla Fan wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:29 pm Starsia: Had one of his athletes murder a UVA woman’s player. Not fired immediately

Pressler: His team hired a couple of cheap, low grade hookers on Spring Break which turned South

Thompson - Amherst: Players allegedly had racial allegations on dorms

Bates: Princeton, illegal elbow to a player actually playing?

What else?
This is a ridiculous post - admin should have it removed.
Looks like one of DocBarristers mentally unhinged out of touch twitter retweets or ‘original thoughts’.
Nah … plenty of ignorant a$$holes on this forum.

Look in the mirror, toad.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
howdyyall

Post by howdyyall »

DocBarrister wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:06 pm
Gorilla Fan wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:29 pm Starsia: Had one of his athletes murder a UVA woman’s player. Not fired immediately

Pressler: His team hired a couple of cheap, low grade hookers on Spring Break which turned South

What else?
Looks like one of DocBarristers mentally unhinged out of touch twitter retweets or ‘original thoughts’.

DocBarrister
😂 was waiting for King Clown to reply. Was curious how someone who describes themselves as a physician attorney or father looks in the mirror when only fellow clowns claim them. No actual father would be such a clueless simp
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

howdyyall wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:12 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:06 pm

What else?

DocBarrister
😂 was waiting for King Clown to reply. Was curious how someone who describes themselves as a physician attorney or father looks in the mirror when only fellow clowns claim them. No actual father would be such a clueless simp

You have only posted 34 times on this forum, and you have the gall to insult forum members who have contributed to this discussion community for decades? Better yet, you think you can dictate what we should or should not post? F*ck off toad.

Go back to your parents’ basement, troll.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
DALaxDad

Post by DALaxDad »

Gorilla Fan wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:58 pm
wgdsr wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:33 pm
not to mention starsia doesn't even belong in the thread topic. from the o.p.

but he tells me he doesn't engage in back and forths.
What exactly is your objection that you wish to engage?
Let’s start with the fact that you misquoted my post. You’re clearly a troll.
thoughtbot

Post by thoughtbot »

flyerfan17 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:06 pm Guess we aren't getting into Morgan fired because a kid said something stupid
Tha facts of the situation are he resigned... if you have more information to share on what actually happened between Morgan and AD then share them.
Beckhamlax

Post by Beckhamlax »

"Resigned"? Pretty sure most can read between the lines and he was forced out. It's 1 week after the Albany incident and Merrimack still has a game to play after qualifying for their conference tourney. No way Morgan bails on his team with a game left.
thoughtbot

Post by thoughtbot »

Beckhamlax wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:40 am "Resigned"? Pretty sure most can read between the lines and he was forced out. It's 1 week after the Albany incident and Merrimack still has a game to play after qualifying for their conference tourney. No way Morgan bails on his team with a game left.
Then share the information that says otherwise. The quote from Morgan going around is "Id rather quit than see our culture die" doesnt seem like he was fired....
faircornell

Post by faircornell »

What else?
+ 1000
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

thoughtbot wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:07 am
Beckhamlax wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:40 am "Resigned"? Pretty sure most can read between the lines and he was forced out. It's 1 week after the Albany incident and Merrimack still has a game to play after qualifying for their conference tourney. No way Morgan bails on his team with a game left.
Then share the information that says otherwise. The quote from Morgan going around is "Id rather quit than see our culture die" doesn't seem like he was fired....
So, what culture is he preserving by resigning, and how will his resignation effectuate that?
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Beckhamlax

Post by Beckhamlax »

thoughtbot wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:07 am
Then share the information that says otherwise. The quote from Morgan going around is "Id rather quit than see our culture die" doesnt seem like he was fired....
I didn't see that quote but I'll take your word for it. That being said, sounds like he clashed with AD about how to properly deal with the situation and the AD gave him a choice that was a "my way or the highway". I don't know the detail of that choice, but it certainly could be something I could interpret as being forced out. Admittedly, I don't know anymore details than anyone here, so my mind my change if I learn more about what happened at Albany and the circumstances of Morgan "resigning".
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

wgdsr wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:48 pm
OCanada wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:36 pm

What else?
Starsia - there was a lawsuit filed that pretty much tied UVA and Dom together for a time
shocker, ocanada back with this. if that were even remotely true, why did starsia's tenure end the way it did?
Shocker yourself. Them is the facts. Apparently i know the situation better than you do. You have continuously tried to minimize the reality. Call the Commonwealth Attorney if the same is still in office or the AD at the time.
mikeybates

Post by mikeybates »

What else?
Pressler may have been fired "for cause" in the contractual/legal sense, but he was obviously railroaded and defamed by the Duke administration, which embarrassed itself during that episode.
NNELax

Post by NNELax »

It wasn't about the truth in the Duke story (Which is the name of a book about the scandal)....Bad look 100000%....Politically motivated railroading also true...Duke and Nifong got hit in the piggy bank once the real truth came out...But the damage was already done...Duke Lacrosse will ALWAYS have that scar unfortunately
FMUBart

Post by FMUBart »

NNELax wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:41 am It wasn't about the truth in the Duke story (Which is the name of a book about the scandal)....Bad look 100000%....Politically motivated railroading also true...Duke and Nifong got hit in the piggy bank once the real truth came out...But the damage was already done...Duke Lacrosse will ALWAYS have that scar unfortunately
Pressler should've been fired for lack of supervision/control(similar to the Cornell hazing incident). Duke players were on campus during spring break and Pressler wasn't aware of the party? Plus, he was compensated mightily for his dismissal from Duke--not sure how much he made from his book?
GaitsRightHand

Post by GaitsRightHand »

FMUBart wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:16 am
NNELax wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:41 am It wasn't about the truth in the Duke story (Which is the name of a book about the scandal)....Bad look 100000%....Politically motivated railroading also true...Duke and Nifong got hit in the piggy bank once the real truth came out...But the damage was already done...Duke Lacrosse will ALWAYS have that scar unfortunately
Pressler should've been fired for lack of supervision/control(similar to the Cornell hazing incident). Duke players were on campus during spring break and Pressler wasn't aware of the party? Plus, he was compensated mightily for his dismissal from Duke--not sure how much he made from his book?
I've heard from a '06 cuse alum... he said that Matt Danowski had some LI friends at Cuse. Cuse guys told Deno jr. that they threw a stripper party and it was awesome. So, Duke also wanted to throw one. Apparently, Duke didn't spend as much money on the entertainment as the Cuse boys did... gotta pay the premium.

I dont think blaming the coach for a spring break party is right. Unless he was there...
FMUBart

Post by FMUBart »

GaitsRightHand wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:17 am
I've heard from a '06 cuse alum... he said that Matt Danowski had some LI friends at Cuse. Cuse guys told Deno jr. that they threw a stripper party and it was awesome. So, Duke also wanted to throw one. Apparently, Duke didn't spend as much money on the entertainment as the Cuse boys did... gotta pay the premium.

I dont think blaming the coach for a spring break party is right. Unless he was there...
I doubt Deluca was present for the hazing incident...
GaitsRightHand

Post by GaitsRightHand »

FMUBart wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:38 am

What exactly was the hazing incident?
FMUBart

Post by FMUBart »

GaitsRightHand wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:40 am

Not sure, and it may be an urban legend. Having said that, coaches are responsible--rightly or wrongly--for their athletes behavior(s).
laxtothemax

Post by laxtothemax »

Using your logic Bart where does it end? Are AD's responsible as well? They hire, set department expectations, monitor coaches. Fire the coach for culture then I guess everyone has to go.
GaitsRightHand

Post by GaitsRightHand »

FMUBart wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:32 am
GaitsRightHand wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:40 am

Not sure, and it may be an urban legend. Having said that, coaches are responsible--rightly or wrongly--for their athletes behavior(s).
I looked it up. Looks like the classic beer olympics and all Freshman had to drink..

"The team held a party that involved a “keg race,” where freshmen were forced to stand in a circle and drink large amounts of beer. The freshmen were tied together with string that passed through their belt loops, and some of the members vomited."

By this math, I was hazed every weekend of my freshman year... in all seriousness though, I get that it falls on the coach. Just think it's hard to put the blame on a guy that didn't even know the party was happening. Would the alternative be to have all HC's knowing all of the teams business? College would be a lot less fun.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”