Cuse at BC, 4/18 @ 1700 hrs

D1 Womens Lacrosse
tothedraw

Re: Cuse at BC, 4/18 @ 1700 hrs

Post by tothedraw »

:D
Brownlax wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:19 pm
2004wrongisland wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:45 pm I have. And I’ve coached for 40+ years.

If you read my post carefully, I indicate that “ we all do and have” missed a shot. The point of my post was not to blame or criticize her on missing the shot. I didn’t and don’t blame her. The point was not to discuss that she didn’t score but to discuss why.

I’m a new poster. I assume that current players, college or high school , may follow these forums. Maybe, I’m wrong. Maybe all the people who follow these forums don’t play and never did and don’t know or care about fundamentally sound lacrosse. But maybe just one current player will now understand why the shot was missed, and more importantly, know the fundamentally sound way to execute in that situation. And succeed.

That’s what coaches are supposed to do.
If you think players are reading these forums, then read what I wrote and understand what she is dealing with.

Do you think she wants to read these comments right now?

“read the room”
I honestly think they didn't see your post saying what Natalie was dealing with. Prayers for her family and what a determined , strong young woman to keep showing up for her team.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Brownlax wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:39 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:08 am Still scratching my head as to what the big deal was with discussing Natalie Smith's shot in overtime. I think the worst thing that got said was speculation that she didn't put enough speed on the shot. Does anyone seriously think that she would read the comments made about the shot opportunity she had and be crushed? This is a pristine example of what I referred to previously as Chicken Little Mentality. The sky did most certainly not fall on Natalie Smith because she didn't score on her opportunity in overtime. Big deal. She got the shot on goal. She made the goaltender move for the shot in order to make the save. What's there to criticize? What's there to shame? Or regret? Overwrought Orange fans making a tempest in a tea cup about a relatively meaningless regular season game. Nothing to see here...
Why is she overwrought? Her dad died unexpectedly 2 weeks ago and she’s playing on pure emotion and grit. Give the kid a break.
Please point out where I wrote that (she) Natalie Smith is or was overwrought...
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:55 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:08 am Still scratching my head as to what the big deal was with discussing Natalie Smith's shot in overtime. I think the worst thing that got said was speculation that she didn't put enough speed on the shot. Does anyone seriously think that she would read the comments made about the shot opportunity she had and be crushed? This is a pristine example of what I referred to previously as Chicken Little Mentality. The sky did most certainly not fall on Natalie Smith because she didn't score on her opportunity in overtime. Big deal. She got the shot on goal. She made the goaltender move for the shot in order to make the save. What's there to criticize? What's there to shame? Or regret? Overwrought Orange fans making a tempest in a tea cup about a relatively meaningless regular season game. Nothing to see here...
Why is she overwrought? Her dad died unexpectedly 2 weeks ago and she’s playing on pure emotion and grit. Give the kid a break.
Please point out where I wrote that (she) Natalie Smith is or was overwrought...
Give it a rest on this topic. Move on. Players 100% read this forum so let's just let this one go.
OuttaNowhereWregget

hmmm wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:24 am
Give it a rest on this topic. Move on. Players 100% read this forum so let's just let this one go.
Give what a rest? Move on from what? I have been accused of a number of infractions in this thread (none of them warranted)--the latest from Brownlax here.

Players 100% read this forum? Swell. What have I said about Natalie Smith that needs recanting?

(You could just as easily have left well enough alone yourself. But no--you decided to put the topic back up top with your own response--and a tag/quote to boot.)
DMac

Post by DMac »

An absolutely classic example of why you once pretty much went into seclusion, or maybe more accurately were driven out and put into your own little world where you could post to your heart's content while not subjecting the rest of us to your annoying persona.
"Let's have another few looks, shall we?" This is coming from a BC fan who delights in Cuse loses and is indeed insensitive to the player going through difficult times. That doesn't matter to you though, your self gratification derived from criticisms and digs
far outweighs any sense of decency and that's why you don't understand why people want you to just STFU and let this thread be all done.
This thread should be locked!!!
OuttaNowhereWregget

DMac wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:12 am An absolutely classic example of why you once pretty much went into seclusion, or maybe more accurately were driven out and put into your own little world where you could post to your heart's content while not subjecting the rest of us to your annoying persona.
"Let's have another few looks, shall we?" This is coming from a BC fan who delights in Cuse loses and is indeed insensitive to the player going through difficult times. That doesn't matter to you though, your self gratification derived from criticisms and digs
far outweighs any sense of decency and that's why you don't understand why people want you to just STFU and let this thread be all done.
This thread should be locked!!!
Good bit of revisionist history there, D. And not a few personal insults thrown in for good measure. What's your beef with me? And you were one of the first people I asked the question of, and got no answer from. How was I being insensitive to the player by showing the replay of the shot folks were still talking about? How did I become the whipping boy for this?

Edit: Plus--it's your topic, D. You originated it and as creator of the topic--you can lock it any time you want.
intheknow247

Post by intheknow247 »

hmmm wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:24 am
No shot - only about 15 people read this crap...we are all on every thread!

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”