Week Six - 2024

D1 Mens Fantasy Lacrosse
Farfromgeneva

Re: Week Six - 2024

Post by Farfromgeneva »

callaxdad wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:38 am
Matnum PI wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:22 pm
callaxdad wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:47 pm Ok Matt, good to know we’ve discussed this and, obviously “D matters”. Haha. But, have you thought about changing the scoring methodology when it comes to the D component? Asking for a friend!! Haha. BTW, who is we? Again, asking for a friend! 😊😊
It's been discussed once or twice over the past 21 years and we've always come out on the side of, What we're doing makes sense. What are you suggesting?
Maybe we can start a task force to research the issue....I nominate Ffg as chair!! :D :D Or, maybe deduct 1/2 a goal against the 10 points the D starts with for every goal scored thus slightly minimizing the impact the D has over the games?
I’m all for doing research. I once consulted Nic Cage for him playing a detective role on an underground death of a young woman which involved indie film art. I can’t get more specific here only in hamsters but let’s just say I can articulate and convey the results on research in colorful visceral language.

The “easiest” thing is to chain link the d number to avg/medina scores for all D1 or the cohort of teams in the league. 1:1 or some other ratio. But each year pull the avg across from prior year and adjust the D for the following year . It would help smooth out for various rules changes some of which can be profound but some de minimus yet we don’t know because of lag until multiple years later. Not a heavy lift type of adjustment for Matnum too
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide

Return to “D1 MENS FANTASY LACROSSE”