WLAX Bracketology

D1 Womens Lacrosse
610Lax

Re: WLAX Bracketology

Post by 610Lax »

flushlax77 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:04 am
jeremyfallis wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:40 pm Our latest bracket projections are live on USA Lacrosse Magazine: https://www.usalacrosse.com/magazine/co ... host-sites

Quick hits:
  • Of the 14 at-large bids, all but 3 are spoken for.

Seeding will be an interesting exercise for the selection committee

Since so many teams beat each other and different opponents, the numbers will determine a lot in final placement, inclusion, etc.
If this was the bracket I think Duke would be the angriest.

Head to head results in the Ivy League is ignored in this case. Harvard beat Brown. Harvard makes Ivy League tournament where brown will not make the ivy league tournament. Brown makes Tournament? I see where you wrote this hinges on wins in their last 2 ivy games but man, Harvard would have a real gripe in this situation. This brings me to Duke.

Duke beat Harvard who should get in over Brown. But Duke is left out due to rpi at 32. Duke beat UVA which reminds me of Penn state surprise inclusion last year after beating MD. I think Duke has a real shot to make it.

Duke did lose to Navy/Clemson who are not considered a real threat to make it, so maybe that keeps them out?

It will be real interesting to see what things look like in 2 weeks. Can’t wait for the final projections!
Not understanding the Duke love. 2 goal wins vs East Carolina and Pitt. 3 goal wins vs Liberty and Louisville. 1 goal win vs VT. Losses by 9(Clemson), 12(ND) and 15(BC). Their only good wins are vs Virginia and Harvard. The rest of their wins are vs really bad teams. Just not seeing how they are deserving of even being considered if you look at their schedule or watch them play.

Same could be said for USC. 4 wins vs over .500 teams. The two best teams they beat are Colorado and Temple. That’s not a tournament resume.

I’d rather see 2nd teams from mid majors, like Drexel or Niagara, get those spots than the same old same old big conference teams or lacrosse blue bloods that go out in the first round and only get in because they’re playing Campbell or San Diego State to build their win totals.
Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

610Lax wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:42 pm
jeremyfallis wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:40 pm Our latest bracket projections are live on USA Lacrosse Magazine: https://www.usalacrosse.com/magazine/co ... host-sites

Quick hits:

Since so many teams beat each other and different opponents, the numbers will determine a lot in final placement, inclusion, etc.

Head to head results in the Ivy League is ignored in this case. Harvard beat Brown. Harvard makes Ivy League tournament where brown will not make the ivy league tournament. Brown makes Tournament? I see where you wrote this hinges on wins in their last 2 ivy games but man, Harvard would have a real gripe in this situation. This brings me to Duke.

Duke beat Harvard who should get in over Brown. But Duke is left out due to rpi at 32. Duke beat UVA which reminds me of Penn state surprise inclusion last year after beating MD. I think Duke has a real shot to make it.

Duke did lose to Navy/Clemson who are not considered a real threat to make it, so maybe that keeps them out?

It will be real interesting to see what things look like in 2 weeks. Can’t wait for the final projections!
Not understanding the Duke love. 2 goal wins vs East Carolina and Pitt. 3 goal wins vs Liberty and Louisville. 1 goal win vs VT. Losses by 9(Clemson), 12(ND) and 15(BC). Their only good wins are vs Virginia and Harvard. The rest of their wins are vs really bad teams. Just not seeing how they are deserving of even being considered if you look at their schedule or watch them play.

Same could be said for USC. 4 wins vs over .500 teams. The two best teams they beat are Colorado and Temple. That’s not a tournament resume.

I’d rather see 2nd teams from mid majors, like Drexel or Niagara, get those spots than the same old same old big conference teams or lacrosse blue bloods that go out in the first round and only get in because they’re playing Campbell or San Diego State to build their win totals.
Can someone post the latest usa lax mag bracketology ? For some reason I’m unable to access it
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

Madlax59 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:43 pm

Quick hits:

Can someone post the latest usa lax mag bracketology ? For some reason I’m unable to access it
They make you have a US Lacrosse Membership to access certain content as of this week. I'd post it but Jeremy posts here and would probably be upset.
Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

hmmm wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:06 pm
Madlax59 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:43 pm

Quick hits:

They make you have a US Lacrosse Membership to access certain content as of this week. I'd post it but Jeremy posts here and would probably be upset.
Aw come on!! It’s anonymous lol
laxmenow

Post by laxmenow »

https://www.usalacrosse.com/magazine/co ... -seed-line

I think you can access it through this link.

I would move Penn down in the seeding to about 6, and I would put ND in around 4 and move Yale out. My thing with Yale is that they were not able to win any really tough games outside of the Ivy League. Finally, we see Harvard get in ahead of Brown! Drexel in rather than Duke is a nod to the two decent wins they have (Penn State, Navy) I guess? Is that better than UVA and Clemson? Otherwise, not sure there is too much to opine about.
Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

laxmenow wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:34 pm https://www.usalacrosse.com/magazine/co ... -seed-line

I would move Penn down in the seeding to about 6, and I would put ND in around 4 and move Yale out. My thing with Yale is that they were not able to win any really tough games outside of the Ivy League. Finally, we see Harvard get in ahead of Brown! Drexel in rather than Duke is a nod to the two decent wins they have (Penn State, Navy) I guess? Is that better than UVA and Clemson? Otherwise, not sure there is too much to opine about.
Thank you !I love that the readers on this blog come through with info at the drop of a hat!
flushlax77

Post by flushlax77 »

laxmenow wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:34 pm https://www.usalacrosse.com/magazine/co ... -seed-line

If Harvard gets in over Duke when Duke has a HEAD TO HEAD WIN over them, a tougher SOS, and a better singular win (UVA), I just don’t get it. Blow the system up because we are in la la land.

Would be very interested in hearing from the author on this. What am I missing with the Ivy love? How is the Ivy getting a 4th team every time? Did private equity take over the blog (that’s an Ivy League joke for you).
2004wrongisland

Post by 2004wrongisland »

With the two upsets in the Big Ten today ( Hop over Michigan, Rutgers over Maryland) , Syracuse and BC must be elated. It looks like the winner of that game should be the 2 seed in the NCAAs and the loser in the top 4 or 5. Where does that leave Maryland who now has 5 losses and Michigan who’s now lost their last 2 in a row. The Ivy winner will be helped with these upsets too.
laxlaxlax

Post by laxlaxlax »

2004wrongisland wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:24 pm With the two upsets in the Big Ten today ( Hop over Michigan, Rutgers over Maryland) , Syracuse and BC must be elated. It looks like the winner of that game should be the 2 seed in the NCAAs and the loser in the top 4 or 5. Where does that leave Maryland who now has 5 losses and Michigan who’s now lost their last 2 in a row. The Ivy winner will be helped with these upsets too.
Nothing like some tournament upsets to spice up the final week before selection sunday!
2004wrongisland

Post by 2004wrongisland »

With the two upsets in the Big Ten today ( Hop over Michigan, Rutgers over Maryland) , Syracuse and BC must be elated. It looks like the winner of that game should be the 2 seed in the NCAAs and the loser in the top 4 or 5. Where does that leave Maryland who now has 5 losses and Michigan who’s now lost their last 2 in a row. The Ivy winner will be helped with these upsets too.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

2004wrongisland wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:53 pm With the two upsets in the Big Ten today ( Hop over Michigan, Rutgers over Maryland) , Syracuse and BC must be elated. It looks like the winner of that game should be the 2 seed in the NCAAs and the loser in the top 4 or 5. Where does that leave Maryland who now has 5 losses and Michigan who’s now lost their last 2 in a row. The Ivy winner will be helped with these upsets too.

0:02 clip
LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

Seeding talk

Based on this weekend's results, I think #1 and #2 are pretty solid, well 3-8 may as well be a crap shoot.

Here is my take of seedings as of now. (Keep in mind this is where I think seeding will end up, not what I necessarily believe they should be)

1. NW
2. BC
3. Cuse
4. Penn
5. ND
6. MD
7. Loyola
8. Florida or Michigan

I think Michigan and UVA pretty much played themselves out of seeds this weekend.
ACClaxfan

Post by ACClaxfan »

LaxDadMax wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:31 pm Seeding talk

Based on this weekend's results, I think #1 and #2 are pretty solid, well 3-8 may as well be a crap shoot.

Here is my take of seedings as of now. (Keep in mind this is where I think seeding will end up, not what I necessarily believe they should be)

1. NW
2. BC
3. Cuse
4. Penn
5. ND
6. MD
7. Loyola
8. Florida or Michigan

I think Michigan and UVA pretty much played themselves out of seeds this weekend.
You can’t give Florida one ,RPI of 17 and SOS of 37.
LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

ACClaxfan wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:28 pm

1. NW
2. BC
3. Cuse
4. Penn
5. ND
6. MD
7. Loyola
8. Florida or Michigan

But a QWF of 11 (and likely increasing) plus the biggest winning streak in lax.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

1. NW
2. BC
3. Cuse
4. Penn
5. ND
6. MD
7. Loyola
8. Florida or Michigan

Really hoping Penn gets a seed. Would be nice to catch some of the games before or after work
Hello

Post by Hello »

Yale crushed Penn and has a RPI of 6 vs Penn's 4. Should be seeded over Florida.
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

Hello wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:05 am Yale crushed Penn and has a RPI of 6 vs Penn's 4. Should be seeded over Florida.
Yeah, if Penn and Yale both make Ivy finals, they'll most likely both be seeded regardless of who wins.
BackOfTheNet

Post by BackOfTheNet »

Hello wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:05 am Yale crushed Penn and has a RPI of 6 vs Penn's 4. Should be seeded over Florida.
I have a different read on this. Yale is ranked 8th, Above penn by iwlca and franky i was surprised by that -- i'm not sure theyll get a seed at all after this week. I thought the IWLCA has been generous to them. Their RPI is 8 (not 6) vs penns 4,and Penn is their SOLE impressive win this year, rest of the schedule didnt help. They had a chance to beat top 15 teams with BC and (got crushed), and more recently lost to an unimpressive Denver team. Yale had a good showing against their conference rival on a REAL bad week for penn, and thats all they can point to for impressive wins.

lots of teams can point to someone ranked/polled higher than them and say " hey we beat them". IMO penn gets shafted every week and is a particularly bad example to use here. Consider, that penn decisively beat loyola and is still ranked below them. theyve been ranked below maryland until this week despite beating them, and even below JHU most this season despite beating them. Their schedule was more challenging than yales with SOS 10 vs 20. Had 2 bad conference losses to teams ranked below (almost everyone has),which they were overly punished for by IWLCA. Theyve shown up to their big out of conference games against top 10 teams all year and won them, and hopefully they get rewarded for their RPI with a seed.

Ivy supporter here and hope yale goes far - they got totally shafted last year with no ncaa bid. But do not think one good win gets you a seed. I also was unimpressed with florida so i dont know who the seeds should go to . I suspect penn will be out for yale and princeton in the ivy tournament. If yale can beat penn twice, then maybe that seed is deserved. but right now its hard to justify.
Bystanders

Post by Bystanders »

If Penn and Yale roll on Friday, you’d have to bet on Yale in the finals given location and previous game. You don’t see running time very often in a league match-up 1 v 2. That being said both teams are very solid and had some epic battles last year. I’ve seen them both numerous times and would give the attack, middie and D edge to Yale. But the G can matter as well, I’m told!
eastcoastlax

Post by eastcoastlax »

LaxDadMax wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:52 pm
ACClaxfan wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:28 pm

1. NW
2. BC
3. Cuse
4. Penn
5. ND
6. MD
7. Loyola
8. Florida or Michigan

But a QWF of 11 (and likely increasing) plus the biggest winning streak in lax.
Someone help me out QWF ?

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”