Re: Week Four - 2024

Post by callaxdad »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:35 pm
callaxdad wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:21 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:27 pm
callaxdad wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:54 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:02 pm Let me add this as an addendum

https://images.app.goo.gl/gdQ9sk7ciKLUu2wQ8
If it comes from Joewillie then, so it is written and so it is done!! That said, I could have my son reach out to Connor B if we need further confirmation! Ha ha. Junior has one heck of a squad this year, I’m glad I won’t have to face him until the playoffs at the earliest! Nice addendum btw!!
Yeah I’ve set up a waiver in Geneva for him.

I wouldn’t want you to traumatize yourself by having so much communication with you’re black sheep won who chose Cornell over Hobart. So appreciate the offer but it’s too much stress for you and I would never put you through that. Maybe I can send some Ithaca chicks over to scout it out.

Lest you decide to bring up a recent Hobart-Cornell game, I should make you aware that we play the loooooooooong game and have just been playing rope a dope since the late 90s-2000s.
Some more priceless Ebonics out of Geneva!! 🤣🤣 Love it FFG!

And yes, send as many IC gals as possible!! They got dates in HS and ended up on the other hill. Cornell gals not so much and ended up at Willard Straight, Bailey and Comstock!!

And, as you referenced the Hobart-Cornell rivalry of the 90’s and 2000’s, can we have a moment of silence and tip our caps to my dear friend and All-time great coach Richie M!!
The Ebonics is mostly Binghamton NY mixed in w some family who somehow ended up in still in one piece in the south Bronx (from Long Island).

You know we send the IC girls AFTER they spent some educational time meditating and conditioning themselves for a long life right? It’s not as bad as how the VC would send women to work the US soldiers overseas, but it’s not risk free is all I’m saying as a service “to you, because you’re you” in my best Fat Tony voice.

I kind of love Cornell in a sense but then I remember I can’t do it and so it’s all war. Even if it ends up being like a kamikaze. See the Hobart fan streaker in Bucknell or the penalty that cost us a game vs Cuse in the early 2000s. Richie wa a great coach. We just we able to get ours property well that last decade.
Wow, impressive, from the Hamptons!! Bing Hampton no less! 🤣🤣
Njlaxx11

Post by Njlaxx11 »

no changes for me
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

callaxdad wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:19 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:35 pm
callaxdad wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:21 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:27 pm
callaxdad wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:54 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:02 pm Let me add this as an addendum

https://images.app.goo.gl/gdQ9sk7ciKLUu2wQ8
If it comes from Joewillie then, so it is written and so it is done!! That said, I could have my son reach out to Connor B if we need further confirmation! Ha ha. Junior has one heck of a squad this year, I’m glad I won’t have to face him until the playoffs at the earliest! Nice addendum btw!!
Yeah I’ve set up a waiver in Geneva for him.

I wouldn’t want you to traumatize yourself by having so much communication with you’re black sheep won who chose Cornell over Hobart. So appreciate the offer but it’s too much stress for you and I would never put you through that. Maybe I can send some Ithaca chicks over to scout it out.

Lest you decide to bring up a recent Hobart-Cornell game, I should make you aware that we play the loooooooooong game and have just been playing rope a dope since the late 90s-2000s.
Some more priceless Ebonics out of Geneva!! 🤣🤣 Love it FFG!

And yes, send as many IC gals as possible!! They got dates in HS and ended up on the other hill. Cornell gals not so much and ended up at Willard Straight, Bailey and Comstock!!

And, as you referenced the Hobart-Cornell rivalry of the 90’s and 2000’s, can we have a moment of silence and tip our caps to my dear friend and All-time great coach Richie M!!
The Ebonics is mostly Binghamton NY mixed in w some family who somehow ended up in still in one piece in the south Bronx (from Long Island).

You know we send the IC girls AFTER they spent some educational time meditating and conditioning themselves for a long life right? It’s not as bad as how the VC would send women to work the US soldiers overseas, but it’s not risk free is all I’m saying as a service “to you, because you’re you” in my best Fat Tony voice.

I kind of love Cornell in a sense but then I remember I can’t do it and so it’s all war. Even if it ends up being like a kamikaze. See the Hobart fan streaker in Bucknell or the penalty that cost us a game vs Cuse in the early 2000s. Richie wa a great coach. We just we able to get ours property well that last decade.
Wow, impressive, from the Hamptons!! Bing Hampton no less! 🤣🤣
Yeah its like the staten island of NY....The fifth hampton. We are in a dogfight with nearby Scranton PA for the town most likely to come up with a immunization to oxycodone by simply running a heightened King Mithridates game...
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

I'd like a ruling on Peter Moynihan, who is rostered as an A, but has been playing midfield for Yale. I'm asking for him to be an A/M. This is the possession vs. Penn State when he scored. Brandau, Anderson and Kuhl were the attackmen. https://youtu.be/BW6-PizSDIA?si=MsGyphIK3KsJRwjy&t=2031

If he's an A/M, then I'd like to sub him in for Bailey O'Connor M Army.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

ohmilax34 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:12 pm If he's an A/M, then I'd like to sub him in for Bailey O'Connor M Army.
Unless someone can show otherwise, Moynihan is now an A/M (and subbing in for O'Connor).
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Sorry NJlaxx but this week is going the boys way. When you get 7 from your D and the fist players you look up are C Kav and Sam King and you’re at blackjack before the other four.

Makes sense. He won his first game of the season with a new team today, rolling bones at the moment. (I talked to a dad who refs including some D1 and had kids in this league and the team the boy is playing tomorrow is like the steroid infused version of the enemies in running man-around here many of the best kids like Erksa and the Plunketts are either in Cobb co or pats of n Fulton county and it’s not dispersed at all. I just told him tonight before bed to make sure you protect your goalie, every Gb around is yours and only yours and if things get out of hand don’t injure anyone but protect your teammates and put some bodies on the ground-make sure he walks out with his head high even if it’s like 23-3)
See Martin, Malcolm
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Dom Pietramala is now an A.

Game Scores Updated: https://fanlax.com/2024/03/10/fantasy-l ... four-2024/

Four teams playing tomorrow: Cornell vs. Princeton and OSU vs. Denver
Caddy Day
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:09 pm Sorry NJlaxx but this week is going the boys way...
33. Wow...
Caddy Day
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Matnum PI wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:49 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:09 pm Sorry NJlaxx but this week is going the boys way...
33. Wow...
It’s like when the new kid, smokedcheddar, calls Biggie a flop for only selling 20 mm albums because his last song about capitalism got a T T Trillion streams. The times are a changing and this is all got one name on the target - O…H…M…I

Here’s a reference point for the hip hop exchange above

https://youtu.be/XmuGBNBBu3A?si=cnoYlvAM_ZNbVQX6
See Martin, Malcolm
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

My record is 2-2. Am I back in this thing? Can I make a playoff run? 28 points for a big win. I just looked who I face off against in the next few weeks. Not a favorable schedule for me, so I'm thinking I need to do some early draft prep.
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

Matnum PI wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:22 pm Week Four Updated Scores: https://fanlax.com/2024/03/10/fantasy-l ... four-2024/
Gonna need some help from the Hoyas on Tuesday!! Jake Taylor, 6 goals in the 2nd half.....sheesh!!! Good news is they play Darty....I could see the Hoyas dropping 15-20 on the Big Green.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

ohmilax34 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:37 pm My record is 2-2. Am I back in this thing? Can I make a playoff run? 28 points for a big win. I just looked who I face off against in the next few weeks. Not a favorable schedule for me, so I'm thinking I need to do some early draft prep.
You think sandbagging is going to make Jr let you off easy this year? He remembers how you not only beat him but that you did it using like three UMass players (mainly one contributed breyo maybe) and the UmAss D who was playing Hobart that week to end both the real world Hobart season and Jrs fantasy one. Every time he checks a kid this season which just started (1-1, lost yest but got his first goal in two rebounds, own a teammate then his first which stick off Gb into goalies body, while taking baseball hacks but got it again on the Fraser and dumped it in-new team walks off like he scores more than the entire Thompson clan and it ain’t no thing but the nets was he took a blasting setting a pick and just tricked but fine and his teammate was free to shoot from 6 yards out in full extension motion sweeping across the top-event the coaches loved that)

The boy will be back soon from his disciplinary situation as mgt has seen great changes at home. You all will enjoy his banter more than mine.
See Martin, Malcolm
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:02 am
ohmilax34 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:37 pm My record is 2-2. Am I back in this thing? Can I make a playoff run? 28 points for a big win. I just looked who I face off against in the next few weeks. Not a favorable schedule for me, so I'm thinking I need to do some early draft prep.
Every time he checks a kid this season which just started (1-1, lost yest but got his first goal in two rebounds, own a teammate then his first which stick off Gb into goalies body, while taking baseball hacks but got it again on the Fraser and dumped it in-new team walks off like he scores more than the entire Thompson clan and it ain’t no thing but the nets was he took a blasting setting a pick and just tricked but fine and his teammate was free to shoot from 6 yards out in full extension motion sweeping across the top-event the coaches loved that)

You all will enjoy his banter more than mine.
I don't know. Have you considered a career in play-by-play?
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

Story of the week from what I watched, besides some big point days by a few players and D's, were the freshmen legacies Ryan Goldstein and Tucker Wade. I should've given credit to PA for drafting Wade. I kept forgetting he was Ryan Wade's son. Some plays even reminded me of Ryan Wade. I know Wade played at UNC, so maybe Tucker isn't a legacy, but you get my drift.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

ohmilax34 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:14 am
Every time he checks a kid this season which just started (1-1, lost yest but got his first goal in two rebounds, own a teammate then his first which stick off Gb into goalies body, while taking baseball hacks but got it again on the Fraser and dumped it in-new team walks off like he scores more than the entire Thompson clan and it ain’t no thing but the nets was he took a blasting setting a pick and just tricked but fine and his teammate was free to shoot from 6 yards out in full extension motion sweeping across the top-event the coaches loved that)

Wouldn’t work, I don’t like kids that aren’t my own!

But I can probably write a book better than Catcher in the Rye. Key difference is mine would be closer to the Henry Miller version if you get to know me. Or even some letters to the editor from an old publication related to someone named Guccione.

Joking, when I coached Jrs other rec team at first I didn’t know how to deal with the back talk and rat behavior of kids not my own. At first my visceral reaction was to make them run until they puked. By the end of the first season I was ready to fight opposing teams parents in the exurbs/sticks who were a-holes to my kids. Even the one I’m sure is autistic or something and once got checked on the wrist and audited his arm was on fire running around with the glove off on sideline while I promised him it wasn’t and had to use half my water bottle on his stupid arm to help him feel better.

But as play by play, im more color commentator!

But let’s not get distracted from the whipping my boy has coming for you. He wins with grace though. His idiot father? Grace is situational. ;)
See Martin, Malcolm
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

ohmilax34 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:26 am Story of the week from what I watched, besides some big point days by a few players and D's, were the freshmen legacies Ryan Goldstein and Tucker Wade. I should've given credit to PA for drafting Wade. I kept forgetting he was Ryan Wade's son. Some plays even reminded me of Ryan Wade. I know Wade played at UNC, so maybe Tucker isn't a legacy, but you get my drift.
We wanted Goldstein but needed to draft middies early.
See Martin, Malcolm
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:31 am

But I can probably write a book better than Catcher in the Rye. Key difference is mine would be closer to the Henry Miller version if you get to know me. Or even some letters to the editor from an old publication related to someone named Guccione.

Joking, when I coached Jrs other rec team at first I didn’t know how to deal with the back talk and rat behavior of kids not my own. At first my visceral reaction was to make them run until they puked. By the end of the first season I was ready to fight opposing teams parents in the exurbs/sticks who were a-holes to my kids. Even the one I’m sure is autistic or something and once got checked on the wrist and audited his arm was on fire running around with the glove off on sideline while I promised him it wasn’t and had to use half my water bottle on his stupid arm to help him feel better.

But let’s not get distracted from the whipping my boy has coming for you. He wins with grace though. His idiot father? Grace is situational. ;)
I'm probably going to be coming to you for advice. This will be my first spring REALLY coaching young kids, including my son.
PALax11

Post by PALax11 »

ohmilax34 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:26 am Story of the week from what I watched, besides some big point days by a few players and D's, were the freshmen legacies Ryan Goldstein and Tucker Wade. I should've given credit to PA for drafting Wade. I kept forgetting he was Ryan Wade's son. Some plays even reminded me of Ryan Wade. I know Wade played at UNC, so maybe Tucker isn't a legacy, but you get my drift.
He looks like a stud. Uncertainty after playing in Australia and not playing fall lead his ranking to fall and made him hard to place for the draft. I considered him in round 1 over Chauvette,, glad we got both.

Goldstein was also on the short list and was getting some high praise this weekend.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

ohmilax34 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:56 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:31 am

I'm probably going to be coming to you for advice. This will be my first spring REALLY coaching young kids, including my son.
Happy to share, my family rolls by knowledge is to be shared not hoarded in order to get ahead information asymmetry (anachronistic in this world where we’ve broke all social walls down even the important ones via social media).

Quick hits:

1. The hardest thing is to balance focus in your son. I paid him too little attention as his coach IMO - he’s gonna read this too for the record so you know it’s accurate from my view.
2. One of the best things was watching the messed up kid who was afraid of everything at least run back and get a backup or even put his body in front of a ball carrier and get run over. Hes never going to be Rabil but watching that growth is pretty sweet and he became functional me useful to his teammates. (who’s parents were very nice and seemed to believe this changed his life as they mention end of last spring to me, I think that’s extreme but whatever)
2a. I was too weak but occasionally fun you have a kid challenged its ok to talk to parents to learn how they optimize their kids activities and behavior. Just make sure you’ve practiced the words before you go to them. It should be about helping the kid and “growth mindset” (over utilized term today) and try to avoid discussing his weaknesses in that approach.
3. Man defense. Kids suck at it. They hack as everyone knows. I had two assistant who I pulled in and didn’t know the sport and one hated it but while you have to be careful I ran two drills that work well. One is have a rope or bungee and ball on line on ground and have two kids at angles go after it. Forces getting low and driving through but be very very careful about how they make contact being low and make sure their heads are still up.
The other one that really improved young kid defense is set up between the inner lines in the box one on one. Ten seconds so get a SOG or you do five pushups (2-3 if young). Have to stay inside lines and has to be on cage. If you get a shot in cage the d kid does the pushups. That relatively tight inner play forces them to use body on D.
4. Give explicit instructions to assistants when breaking up in practice. Unless they are your homeboys they will deviate and it’s hard to manage when you don’t know what they are actually doing.

But in a neophyte so others may have better advice. It’s a blast though. I’m weird though I have this what seems like murderous voice and energy in the sideline but it’s all positive. Work the refs like they’re your clients. Cradle the sack and all that and it works better than being a Tierney to them (honey over vinegar).
See Martin, Malcolm

Return to “D1 MENS FANTASY LACROSSE”