Spidey's Sports Book

D1 Womens Lacrosse
spidey44

Re: Spidey's Sports Book

Post by spidey44 »

Books on the right side of things for once...
NULax2

Post by NULax2 »

spidey44 wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 9:38 am Books on the right side of things for once...
:lol:
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Record: 14-13
Bankroll: $715

$285 on the Dukes getting 5.5

=====================================

What a disaster that bet turned out to be.

So puzzling what happened to the Dukes this season.

============================================

Record: 14-14
Bankroll: $400

===========================================

We'll see if I can get well on Spidey's lines from here on in...
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

I plan on putting some things together for this weekends lineup. I'll have more time for Friday's games as I'll be traveling to see a kid play on Saturday... So Sunday's lines might be short and sweet.
OuttaNowhereWregget

spidey44 wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 9:46 am I plan on putting some things together for this weekends lineup. I'll have more time for Friday's games as I'll be traveling to see a kid play on Saturday... So Sunday's lines might be short and sweet.
Short, sweet, long or bitter--bring them lines any which way you wanna.
OuttaNowhereWregget

spidey44 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:33 am
LaxDadMax wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:37 am Let me add a few props for the CCSU/Pres game

Total green cards: Over/Under 4.5
3rd quarter line: Pres -1.5
Total saves (both teams): Over/Under 22
Will there be a red card? Yes +650
Total CCSU players used: Over/Under 19.5
H1 CCSU total shots: over/under 10.5
Gold Jerry! Gold!
Hopefully, some prop bets will be created as well. Those are always fun.

For instance--what would a money line look like for Notre Dame making it/not making it to Final Four weekend?
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 5:14 am

For instance--what would a money line look like for Notre Dame making it/not making it to Final Four weekend?
ND to make Final Four +280
OuttaNowhereWregget

spidey44 wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 6:14 am

What is the line if I bet against them making the final four?
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 6:47 am

OuttaNowhereWregget

spidey44 wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 8:13 am

So, $475 to make $100?
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 am

So, $475 to make $100?
correct
OuttaNowhereWregget

spidey44 wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 9:12 am

So, $475 to make $100?
correct
Haha--so you don't think they'll make it either. Too funny. And with that number, you really don't think they're going to make it. I'm with you. I don't see them getting past both Michigan and Boston College in back to back games.
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 9:25 am
spidey44 wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 9:12 am

So, $475 to make $100?
correct
Haha--so you don't think they'll make it either. Too funny. And with that number, you really don't think they're going to make it. I'm with you. I don't see them getting past both Michigan and Boston College in back to back games.
Too Inconsistent for me to see them getting that far.
OuttaNowhereWregget

spidey44 wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 11:42 am Too Inconsistent for me to see them getting that far.
Agreed. This is the time of year when they do the el foldo. They'll destroy their first round opponent and then they'll have to get past Michigan and Boston College to punch their ticket to Cary. Nope.
spidey44

NCAA TOURNEY ROUND 1

Post by spidey44 »

The moment none of you have been waiting for! Spidey's NCAA ROUND 1 Lines!

Anyone else feel like this season absolutely flew by???

Round 1 will be interesting. Putting out lines for some of these games will be tough, but I plan on doing lines for every game of the tournament. Let's see how we do...

Robert Morris @ Maryland
RMU is the only team with a losing record that's dancing. There's a good reason for that. Despite Pitt winning the MAC, RMU get's the auto-bid. Despite the Terps lackluster offense, today it will come alive. I expect a running clock before halftime. This will be a quick exit for the Colonials.
MD - 15.5

Binghamton @ Yale
Don't see this game being much better. Quick glance, Binghamton got beat pretty well by Cornell and Yale hammered the Big Red. Yale also with the running clock today, but maybe not until 3rd quarter or so...
Yale -12.5

Coastal Carolina @ Notre Dame
The trend continues as the Chants get their first NCAA appearance...unfortunately they meet the Irish. Despite Notre Dame's inconsistency, they'll roll today. Another 1st round running clock
Notre Dame -14.5

Richmond @ Penn
The first game on the slate that I don't foresee a running clock. I do however see Penn winning fairly easily.
Penn -6.5

Niagara vs Stony Brook
Joe and his squad come out with a chip on their shoulders. I look for the Seawolves to score early and often to setup the rematch with the Orange (where Cuse will get payback...more on that Sunday morning...).
Stony Brook -9.5

Penn State vs JMU
One of the best games on the docket today. This game could go either way. Really depends on what team shows up (on both sides). I feel like Penn State is riding high after a pretty good second half of the season. JMU, on the other hand, has something to prove after getting smacked around by Florida in the AAC Championship game. I'm flip-flopping on this one, but gut says JMU (or maybe it's heart...I dunno...).
JMU -1.5

LIU @ UVA
Another quick game. Hoos big. Just a quick glance at LIU's schedule, I just don't think they'll have the horses to compete.
UVA -13.5

Denver vs Stanford
Back to one of the better games of the day. Another one that could go either way. I haven't watched enough of Stanford to get a real feel, but could see an upset. That said, I've got the Pios moving on.
Denver -3.5

Princeton vs Drexel
Drexel is flying under the radar, but not sure if they have enough to beat the Tigers. Potential to be another really good game.
Princeton -2.5

Loyola vs Duke
Duke has something to prove. A TON of people didn't think Duke deserves to dance (including this scribe). The last time we saw the Blue Devils, they had their doors blown off by BC. Well today, ladies and gentleman, will be a similar result. The Hounds will be ready and waiting. Loyola wins big today.
Loyola -7.5

Johns Hopkins vs Fairfield
Another potentially very good game. Are the Stags for real? We'll get a chance to see today. Unfortunately for them, today will be the end of the road. Hopkins easy.
JHU -6.5

Michigan vs Mercer
Congrats on making the tournament Mercer! Have a nice flight home!
Michigan -8.5

Florida vs UNC
Potentially the game of the day! Nice one to end the day on, albeit, a bit on the early side. I do think UNC's season is cut short. Tough year for the Heels with all of the injuries they endured. I doubt Levy's team goes down without a fight, but just think they don't have enough big guns to get it done.
Florida -2.5
OuttaNowhereWregget

I always enjoy your writeups, Spidey. Funny--this season has dragged by for me. Interesting the different perspectives different folks have. These are all excellent lines as none of them jump out at me. That's what makes a line good. Doesn't matter what they look like after the money's in the coffers.
WLaxdad

Re: NCAA TOURNEY ROUND 1

Post by WLaxdad »

spidey44 wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 8:48 am The moment none of you have been waiting for! Spidey's NCAA ROUND 1 Lines!

Round 1 will be interesting. Putting out lines for some of these games will be tough, but I plan on doing lines for every game of the tournament. Let's see how we do...

Robert Morris @ Maryland
RMU is the only team with a losing record that's dancing. There's a good reason for that. Despite Pitt winning the MAC, RMU get's the auto-bid. Despite the Terps lackluster offense, today it will come alive. I expect a running clock before halftime. This will be a quick exit for the Colonials.
MD - 15.5

Binghamton @ Yale
Don't see this game being much better. Quick glance, Binghamton got beat pretty well by Cornell and Yale hammered the Big Red. Yale also with the running clock today, but maybe not until 3rd quarter or so...
Yale -12.5

The trend continues as the Chants get their first NCAA appearance...unfortunately they meet the Irish. Despite Notre Dame's inconsistency, they'll roll today. Another 1st round running clock
Notre Dame -14.5

Richmond @ Penn
The first game on the slate that I don't foresee a running clock. I do however see Penn winning fairly easily.
Penn -6.5

Niagara vs Stony Brook
Joe and his squad come out with a chip on their shoulders. I look for the Seawolves to score early and often to setup the rematch with the Orange (where Cuse will get payback...more on that Sunday morning...).
Stony Brook -9.5

Penn State vs JMU
One of the best games on the docket today. This game could go either way. Really depends on what team shows up (on both sides). I feel like Penn State is riding high after a pretty good second half of the season. JMU, on the other hand, has something to prove after getting smacked around by Florida in the AAC Championship game. I'm flip-flopping on this one, but gut says JMU (or maybe it's heart...I dunno...).
JMU -1.5

LIU @ UVA
Another quick game. Hoos big. Just a quick glance at LIU's schedule, I just don't think they'll have the horses to compete.
UVA -13.5

Denver vs Stanford
Back to one of the better games of the day. Another one that could go either way. I haven't watched enough of Stanford to get a real feel, but could see an upset. That said, I've got the Pios moving on.
Denver -3.5

Princeton vs Drexel
Drexel is flying under the radar, but not sure if they have enough to beat the Tigers. Potential to be another really good game.
Princeton -2.5

Loyola vs Duke
Duke has something to prove. A TON of people didn't think Duke deserves to dance (including this scribe). The last time we saw the Blue Devils, they had their doors blown off by BC. Well today, ladies and gentleman, will be a similar result. The Hounds will be ready and waiting. Loyola wins big today.
Loyola -7.5

Another potentially very good game. Are the Stags for real? We'll get a chance to see today. Unfortunately for them, today will be the end of the road. Hopkins easy.
JHU -6.5

Michigan vs Mercer
Michigan -8.5

Florida vs UNC
Potentially the game of the day! Nice one to end the day on, albeit, a bit on the early side. I do think UNC's season is cut short. Tough year for the Heels with all of the injuries they endured. I doubt Levy's team goes down without a fight, but just think they don't have enough big guns to get it done.
Florida -2.5

I would take PSU with the 1.5 points
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 9:12 am I always enjoy your writeups, Spidey. Funny--this season has dragged by for me. Interesting the different perspectives different folks have. These are all excellent lines as none of them jump out at me. That's what makes a line good. Doesn't matter what they look like after the money's in the coffers.
I think having two involved (one in college, one in HS), makes things fly...
OuttaNowhereWregget

spidey44 wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 9:47 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 9:12 am I always enjoy your writeups, Spidey. Funny--this season has dragged by for me. Interesting the different perspectives different folks have. These are all excellent lines as none of them jump out at me. That's what makes a line good. Doesn't matter what they look like after the money's in the coffers.
I think having two involved (one in college, one in HS), makes things fly...
Makes sense. Lotta miles on the vehicle during the season, I reckon.
GratefulRed

Re: NCAA TOURNEY ROUND 1

Post by GratefulRed »

spidey44 wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 8:48 am The moment none of you have been waiting for! Spidey's NCAA ROUND 1 Lines!

Robert Morris @ Maryland
MD - 15.5

Binghamton @ Yale
Yale -12.5

Notre Dame -14.5

Richmond @ Penn
Penn -6.5

Niagara vs Stony Brook
Stony Brook -9.5

Penn State vs JMU
JMU -1.5

LIU @ UVA
UVA -13.5

Denver vs Stanford
Denver -3.5

Princeton vs Drexel
Princeton -2.5

Loyola vs Duke
Loyola -7.5

JHU -6.5

Michigan vs Mercer
Michigan -8.5

Florida vs UNC
Florida -2.5
Nice job, Spidey. Thanks!

Binghamton and Richmond keep it closer.
Loyola by running time in the first half.
UNC wins outright.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”