Mustang Classic 24

D3 Mens Lacrosse
dp68

Re: Mustang Classic 24

Post by dp68 »

Thank you so much to Stevenson University for the amazing coverage. I watched all weekend.

For everyone who has a Roku, there's no need to stream the Mustang Classic on a phone or a computer. Stevenson has an excellent app (blows away many paid apps). Following these games in HD on the big screen was great fun.
ChopMan23

Post by ChopMan23 »

The only D1 game I watched this weekend was UVA and UMD. What a terrific event Stevenson held. All some great games, best of luck to all these programs moving forward. After this weekend, I think that national title is completely up for grabs!
FosterLax3

Post by FosterLax3 »

Very strong showing from the north teams this weekend. Between the Liberty League and NESCAC, it’s clear the top teams (besides Salisbury) are up north. Hamilton (about 6th best team in nescac) taking down a Lynchburg team that has grad students and always ranked high confirms the depth is the north is very strong.
Jumbo

Post by Jumbo »

FosterLax3 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:03 am Very strong showing from the north teams this weekend. Between the Liberty League and NESCAC, it’s clear the top teams (besides Salisbury) are up north. Hamilton (about 6th best team in nescac) taking down a Lynchburg team that has grad students and always ranked high confirms the depth is the north is very strong.
i think it really just says that any given day.

we watched RIT comfortably beat Tufts, while that same RIT almost lost to 2-5 York.

the top 25 D3 teams are fun to watch
Pegasus6

Post by Pegasus6 »

It kind of shows you what the NCAA tournament could be without Pool B
Dehuntshigwa’es

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

Pegasus6 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:44 am It kind of shows you what the NCAA tournament could be without Pool B
Nailed it, imagine York not in the NCAA tournament with all the close games they’ve had ( perhaps 4-5 ) one goal games. Salisbury, Tufts are still top 2 in my book. I know RIT beat Tufts but I think RIT with a ton of 5th years have hit their ceiling. I believe Tufts will continue to improve . I’ve had CNU close to this group not so sure anymore. Great tournament
ergit

Post by ergit »

Dehuntshigwa’es wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:03 pm
Pegasus6 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:44 am It kind of shows you what the NCAA tournament could be without Pool B
Nailed it, imagine York not in the NCAA tournament with all the close games they’ve had ( perhaps 4-5 ) one goal games. Salisbury, Tufts are still top 2 in my book. I know RIT beat Tufts but I think RIT with a ton of 5th years have hit their ceiling. I believe Tufts will continue to improve . I’ve had CNU close to this group not so sure anymore. Great tournament
RIT victory was a fluke, for sure.
MacAttack

Post by MacAttack »

ergit wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:06 pm
Haha. Love the enthusiasm, but RIT is legit.
The12lov3

Post by The12lov3 »

RIT deserved to win the game. Tufts made a lot of inexperience mistakes. Multiple balls thrown away, dumb penalties, just a total lack of discipline. While this might not make a difference with some teams, great team like RIT will kill you with mistakes like that. Hopefully we will get a second dose of these teams in May. Might be a different outcome but there is a lot of great things to be excited about as a Jumbo fan.
Laxattackjack

Post by Laxattackjack »

RIT has won 3 of the last 4 meetings. accept reality.
ergit

Post by ergit »

Laxattackjack wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:27 am
All three were a fluke…
JPAtlantic

Post by JPAtlantic »

Jumbo wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:46 am another great event with every game being competitive

RIT 2-0
St Lawrence 2-0
CNU 1-1
Tufts 1-1
Dickinson 1-1
Hamilton 1-1
Lynchburg 1-1
Stevenson 1-1
York 0-2
W&L 0-2
It looks like the higher ranked team won every game on Fri and the lower ranked team won every game on Sat.
ChopMan23

Post by ChopMan23 »

The12lov3 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:17 am RIT deserved to win the game. Tufts made a lot of inexperience mistakes. Multiple balls thrown away, dumb penalties, just a total lack of discipline. While this might not make a difference with some teams, great team like RIT will kill you with mistakes like that. Hopefully we will get a second dose of these teams in May. Might be a different outcome but there is a lot of great things to be excited about as a Jumbo fan.
100%. Taking an unsportsmanlike by tufts on their last goal was a killer. C'mon man, gotta know the time and place for that. But RIT is legit. That offense is scary, and they were prepared for tufts transition game.
Laxattackjack

Post by Laxattackjack »

JPAtlantic wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:09 pm
Jumbo wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:46 am another great event with every game being competitive

RIT 2-0
St Lawrence 2-0
CNU 1-1
Tufts 1-1
Dickinson 1-1
Hamilton 1-1
Lynchburg 1-1
Stevenson 1-1
York 0-2
W&L 0-2
It looks like the higher ranked team won every game on Fri and the lower ranked team won every game on Sat.
i don’t think this is right

Saturday dickinson (5th) beat York (12th)
Tigerlax70

Post by Tigerlax70 »

Laxattackjack wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:27 am
At least there is some voice of reason on this site. Others simply can’t accept that teams change and your team may not be at the top. Having played against Tufts for years now I hold them in the highest regard. RIT just seemed a bit more “battle tested” with several wins against ranked opponents under their belt. Once Tufts gets their Mojo back, they’ll be a handful, but until then there is no way they are ranked higher than RIT and the facts bear that out (head-to-head, strength of OCC, you name it). I suspect we’ll see a rematch down the road, but before then, RIT will have their hands full with St. Lawrence,RPI and Union within the LL. Great lacrosse in the coming months for all of us.
D3 Fan

Post by D3 Fan »

What a fantastic Mustang Classic.

RIT looked amazing and this Salisbury fan loves watching them play. They seemed completely unfazed by the frenetic pace Tufts threw at them and seemed to be one step ahead such that their passing offset anything Tufts tried to accomplish. Curious if we will see a rematch against Tufts this year or not come playoff time, or, if so, which round it might occur. It seems the committee isn't against sending various teams to the north or south (see Salisbury going north and Union going south in 2022, for example). Starting to get a little curious who may wind up where but anyway you shake it, we're set up to have an absolutely amazing regular season and an epic tournament to follow.

Good luck to all of your teams.
StevieUAlum

Post by StevieUAlum »

Just wanted to come on here and thank everyone for your support of the Classic this year and every year. Between our alumni fundraising for the week and the Mustang Classic we raised a lot of money for both the school and program.

Thank you to all for your contributions and continued support of our school and the great sport of lacrosse!
Devil4Life

Post by Devil4Life »

StevieUAlum wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:48 am Just wanted to come on here and thank everyone for your support of the Classic this year and every year. Between our alumni fundraising for the week and the Mustang Classic we raised a lot of money for both the school and program.

Thank you to all for your contributions and continued support of our school and the great sport of lacrosse!
Hope Salisbury joins next year to play the big guns from the North
Motorman

Post by Motorman »

Gulls play North teams in late May.
liongoes

Post by liongoes »

Given their reputation it is surprising that they are the only big program that basically never travels. Would be very cool to see them open up their OOC a bit at the Mustang Classic, doesn't seem like that's their MO though.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”