Received a Private Message Threatening to Out my Daughter

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Relax77

Received a Private Message Threatening to Out my Daughter

Post by Relax77 »

I received a private message tonight from realitychecks threatening basically to tell Joe Spallina who my daughter is as she goes to play college sports. From this and another post of his I guess he (it’s probably his wife) didn’t like the Italian Leprechaun joke. Still think it was funny. I disagree with a lot of what the poster said. Anyway here is my retort.

A. Never attacked his daughter. Said she was a great player but overrated as the number 1 recruit. Believe I actually said his player AE was better. Just like everyone does every year. IE wurtzberger, hassleback and now Humphrey.
B. Never attacked SB. Said Masera flops. She does.
C. What I think about Joe is shared by hundreds including the majority of his own club.
D. Apparently you didn’t go back far enough. I also have a 2023 daughter. So you don’t need to threaten my 2025. Just have him reach out to her coach to intervene. Then again nothing will happen. Pretty sure she’s not a fan either.
E. This is a message forum. That’s what people do. They criticize and talk the sport. You think this is bad go on the LI forum BOTC
F. Ridiculous I even have to spend my time with this nonsense
Congratulations on the deep dive into my posts. Hope the time was well spent. Btw. I doubt JS would take the time to look into this and try to hurt kids because of what their parents said but maybe I’m wrong. I welcome it. It would prove The 95% of the club parents that dislike him right and he’s a clown.

There you go. There’s my response. Have at it.
🤦🏻‍♂️
Attachments
View recent photos 2 Small 2.jpeg
View recent photos 2 Small 2.jpeg (25.17 KiB) Viewed 1040 times
Brownlax

Re: Received a Private Message Threatening to Out my Daughter

Post by Brownlax »

Come on - this is not what Fanlax is supposed to be. We all love lacrosse and we all love women's lacrosse.

This is a forum to talk about lacrosse. One thing that I always appreciated about Fanlax/LaxPower was that everyone (mostly everyone) handled themselves in a respectful way. No one should be threatening anyone.
Bart

Post by Bart »

Brownlax wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:37 pm Come on - this is not what Fanlax is supposed to be. We all love lacrosse and we all love women's lacrosse.

This is a forum to talk about lacrosse. One thing that I always appreciated about Fanlax/LaxPower was that everyone (mostly everyone) handled themselves in a respectful way. No one should be threatening anyone.
Why would a post like the first one surprise anyone? I am actually surprised it does not happen more.

Lacrosse is a small community as a whole. Women's lacrosse is smaller. And top 25 D1 women's lacrosse (which most of the posts are aimed at) is even smaller yet. It would be no surprise to me that a post gets to a parent/wife or brother/sister and ticks them off. Once this happens the ball is rolling for people to lash out. No dog in this spat but I can realize what I may deem to be respectful is not how someone else may see it. That being said, people can post what ever you choose but should not be surprised if someone sees it differently than the poster and reacts according to their perceived injustice.
laxdadpat

Post by laxdadpat »

This site is for the people who love lacrosse and more importantly it's a place for people to vent and throw out their opinions. How does the saying go, "opinions are like ass holes - everybody's got one." I'm not the biggest JS fan, but it would be a dream for him to make up an alias and be a poster on this site. It would be great if he went after us other posters and dropped knowledge here. I bet he would say fu** you to relax while laughing at the Italian leprechaun comment. That guy has heard it all.
That being said, we are all ultrasensitive whenever our daughters' are mentioned. I haven't read anything on this site regarding his daughter that is not said about every number 1 recruit in their class. Being called over-rated comes with the territory when you are proclaimed the top player in any class. We as parents want to protect our kids any way we can, but it sounds like his daughter is well equipped with a supporting family.
I started my post saying this is a place for people to vent, I hope this was just someone venting at relax. Stoney Brook just had a great win and someone close to JS may have been frustrated that everyone doesn't relish in his wins, but it's not reason to start making threats about outing a daughter.
MolonLaxe

Post by MolonLaxe »

Back in the early days of the internet we called this White Knighting. JS doesn’t need that nor does he care what someone from an Internet forum says or thinks. I fully agree BOTC was way worse and the person threatening you just needs to chill.

Also, it’s not like JS is some sort of saint in the lax world. I can guarantee many coaches don’t care and some may not like him.
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

MolonLaxe wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:11 am Back in the early days of the internet we called this White Knighting. JS doesn’t need that nor does he care what someone from an Internet forum says or thinks. I fully agree BOTC was way worse and the person threatening you just needs to chill.

Also, it’s not like JS is some sort of saint in the lax world. I can guarantee many coaches don’t care and some may not like him.
Any shot at JS on BOTC never makes the light of day lol. Plenty of shade taken at CR and her husband that pass through the hall monitors lol.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”