Game of the Week; Lynchburg vs Gettysburg

D3 Mens Lacrosse
Dehuntshigwa’es

Game of the Week; Lynchburg vs Gettysburg

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

Who you got? Going with Lynchburg in a close one.
Pitt12

Re: Game of the Week; Lynchburg vs Gettysburg

Post by Pitt12 »

Gettysburg
Jumbo

Post by Jumbo »

going with lynchburg and it won’t be close
JPAtlantic

Post by JPAtlantic »

Jumbo wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:47 pm going with lynchburg and it won’t be close
Lynchburg has 7 Grad students while Gettysburg has none. Gotta go with Lynchburg.
ReturnOfTheWAC

Post by ReturnOfTheWAC »

Jumbo wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:47 pm going with lynchburg and it won’t be close
Just looking at the roster comparisons; Gettysburg graduated 2 starters on attack, 2 starters at midfield, their top FO guy, their top 2 DMs, and 2 starting defenders. Give me experience in this one unless Gettysburgs goalie can keep it close LBurg 15-10.
Laxdds

Post by Laxdds »

My heart says the Bullets, my head says Lynchburg. 7 fifth year players will be just to much especially in the first game of the year.
Lynchburg 14 - Gettysburg 12.
Weather mid 30's and mostly sunny if your coming to the Hallowed Ground dress warmly!!
SaltCounty

Post by SaltCounty »

Lynchburg takes this one
Think they'll have two strong results headed into Salisbury
KnowingWizardofODAC

Post by KnowingWizardofODAC »

Lynchburg for sure, Koudelka will not lose to his alma mater, I will set the spread at 4.5 take it or leave it
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

Generally, older more experienced teams win these games so I would go with LynchBurg but, I do think that Gettysburg will get better as the years goes on and could be very dangerous in the CC at the end of the year.
MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

Agree with all those takes. I think Lynchburg rolls. Curious to see how the Hornets gel this year. 7 grad students, it looks great on paper. I mean, how long can you keep top recruited talent, who have been waiting patiently to contribute, and are only engaged in sideline celebrations, bought in?
MrLax2U

Post by MrLax2U »

MVPiccoli » Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:14 am
Agree with all those takes. I think Lynchburg rolls. Curious to see how the Hornets gel this year. 7 grad students, it looks great on paper. I mean, how long can you keep top recruited talent, who have been waiting patiently to contribute, and are only engaged in sideline celebrations, bought in?
Interesting take on the team dynamic, MVP.
Nothinbutthelax

Post by Nothinbutthelax »

LYN roster @ 58. Deep. Practices competitive. Only the bench played vs. CNU which was a great off season lead up motivation. Like last year coach K will just sit starters vs some of lower ODAC teams.. no issues leaking MVP.
UVA handed it to the starters 17-3 score in 3 quarter. As stacked as UVA is I thought that was a lot vs. a good LYN defense that should be strong ..?? 5th years Hadley in goal, Marindin a 6’2 210 beast, Shuster LSM @ 6’3 205 plus Zingo the Sr. Arguably their #1. The SSDM’s are younger and may be the weak spot..Don’t think they allow double digits.
LYN 15-9
Dehuntshigwa’es

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

Very curious to see this contest. Gburg might be down a notch with graduation losses while the Hornets bring back their seniors and best players for another shot at an ODAC title and a trip to the NCAA’s . The D will carry the day. The only people short changed are the underclass men at Lynchburg losing another season to a 5th year player
creasecranker

Post by creasecranker »

I don't think this one is close. Lynchburg is my sleeper favorite to win it all. I like Finn Schmidt to drop at least 3 and arguably the best D-Mid in college lacrosse, Luke Meadows to shut down the Gettysburg midfield. I like the Hornets 14-6
islander

Post by islander »

Dehuntshigwa’es wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:24 pm Very curious to see this contest. Gburg might be down a notch with graduation losses while the Hornets bring back their seniors and best players for another shot at an ODAC title and a trip to the NCAA’s . The D will carry the day. The only people short changed are the underclass men at Lynchburg losing another season to a 5th year player
The best players play.... Lynchburg starting attack was 3 freshmen last year.
Nothinbutthelax

Post by Nothinbutthelax »

creasecranker wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:13 pm I don't think this one is close. Lynchburg is my sleeper favorite to win it all. I like Finn Schmidt to drop at least 3 and arguably the best D-Mid in college lacrosse, Luke Meadows to shut down the Gettysburg midfield. I like the Hornets 14-6
Agree on Meadows. Older brother was AA pole a few years back. Watching other sophomore Luke Brockman. 6’0 210 hoss who scored against Jacksonville before getting hurt last year. Wondering if he’s a starter?
LAXDADGUILFORD

Post by LAXDADGUILFORD »

Nothinbutthelax wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:42 pm
creasecranker wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:13 pm I don't think this one is close. Lynchburg is my sleeper favorite to win it all. I like Finn Schmidt to drop at least 3 and arguably the best D-Mid in college lacrosse, Luke Meadows to shut down the Gettysburg midfield. I like the Hornets 14-6
Agree on Meadows. Older brother was AA pole a few years back. Watching other sophomore Luke Brockman. 6’0 210 hoss who scored against Jacksonville before getting hurt last year. Wondering if he’s a starter?
Seems there's a consensus for Lynchburg to win it this weekend. I agree. I think Lynchburg has a lot of experience. SSDM will be 'young', but not inexperienced. Think there is a misnomer with grade = experience. Luke M., Cole Z., Luke B., returning Alex B., and probably a freshman or two, all played last year and have experience. I think Lynchburg will win this one fairly handily.
ODACtionEmpire

Post by ODACtionEmpire »

LAXDADGUILFORD wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:25 pm
Seems there's a consensus for Lynchburg to win it this weekend. I agree. I think Lynchburg has a lot of experience. SSDM will be 'young', but not inexperienced. Think there is a misnomer with grade = experience. Luke M., Cole Z., Luke B., returning Alex B., and probably a freshman or two, all played last year and have experience. I think Lynchburg will win this one fairly handily.
I'm not so hot on Lynchburg the more I think about it. Experience does not equal execution. We saw them have all the experience in the world last year and still not execute and finish games against W&L, Salisbury, CNU. I'll leave out Tufts just to spare them the kidney punch.

Keeping to common opponents, Gettysburg beat both Salisbury and W&L. They also beat Stevenson in what looks like a closer game than it actually was. Sure they lose some of their older guys, but this is a team that knows how to win. Idk if I can say that for the bugs, but I hope I'm wrong as an avid ODAC supporter.
Laxdds

Post by Laxdds »

ODACtionEmpire wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:45 pm
LAXDADGUILFORD wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:25 pm
I'm not so hot on Lynchburg the more I think about it. Experience does not equal execution. We saw them have all the experience in the world last year and still not execute and finish games against W&L, Salisbury, CNU. I'll leave out Tufts just to spare them the kidney punch.

Keeping to common opponents, Gettysburg beat both Salisbury and W&L. They also beat Stevenson in what looks like a closer game than it actually was. Sure they lose some of their older guys, but this is a team that knows how to win. Idk if I can say that for the bugs, but I hope I'm wrong as an avid ODAC supporter.
That is a very interesting analysis and I agree with much of it. I Still believe Lynchburg has the edge to win based on experience, Gettysburg lost a lot and is pretty young but they still have players all over the field. Gettysburg needs to increase production at the X and the goal vis a vis last year. I don't believe Lynchburg will run over the Bullets as others have stated.
Backupstix

Post by Backupstix »

Bullets by two, yes very young team but a lot of talent. It will come down to coaching… my money is on Toner.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”