Games Today

D1 Womens Lacrosse
LaxGnome22

Re: Games Today

Post by LaxGnome22 »

So far what I’ve watched.
Hopkins looked good. But sloppy. Albany D stinks. Some goals were too easy.
Navy kicking it to Duke right now.
Notre Dame transfer on Delaware scored 5 and 2 albeit over Lehigh but their Goalie Is really good.
So much for Coastal being On the come up and surviving without Downey although Mcllwaine is really good.
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

LaxGnome22 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 5:59 pm So far what I’ve watched.
Notre Dame transfer on Delaware scored 5 and 2 albeit over Lehigh but their Goalie Is really good.
So much for Coastal being On the come up and surviving without Downey although Mcllwaine is really good.
Duke coming back right now - down 10-8 with 9mins to play.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Brownlax wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:02 pm
10-9 Navy with 2:39 to go. Nice comeback.
LaxGnome22

Post by LaxGnome22 »

Coastal choked. Had a free position with 25 seconds left to tie it and did not tie it. Back to Duke
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

I will root against Duke for the rest of my life , calling a stick check with .9 seconds left. Ridiculous. Good win by Navy.

And the Coastal game was fun. Sometime I rather watch an evenly ranked middle of the road team than ranked games. Especially when they are playing laughers.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:10 pm
Brownlax wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:02 pm
10-9 Navy with 2:39 to go. Nice comeback.
Navy, nice win. Over to USC-Army
Deacon022

Post by Deacon022 »

Lmao. My wife just gets home from work. She sees what I have on the tv. She goes “what are you watching?”
I smile. She goes to the fridge, hands me a Coors light and says, “isn’t there a Rangers game.You got two years to go before this.”
I laughed. Rangers game starts at 830 tonight but thanks for the beer. She shook her head and walked out.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

These service academy teams are always a joy to watch. The effort is always off the charts. Army just pulls ahead of USC in the 3rd.
Deacon022

Post by Deacon022 »

LaxGnome22 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:13 pm Coastal choked. Had a free position with 25 seconds left to tie it and did not tie it. Back to Duke
It couldn’t have been as bad as the free position a girl from UDel had earlier. The penalty was on the goalie. She had an open net and shot the 8 meter wide. Lmao. Announcer goes “I’m sure that wouldn’t happen in the middle of the season.”
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:30 pm These service academy teams are always a joy to watch. The effort is always off the charts. Army just pulls ahead of USC in the 3rd.
Absolutely..they have insane work ethic. So when they get 1 or 2 really talented players they go on crazy runs
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

Relax77 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:19 pm I will root against Duke for the rest of my life , calling a stick check with .9 seconds left. Ridiculous. Good win by Navy.

And the Coastal game was fun. Sometime I rather watch an evenly ranked middle of the road team than ranked games. Especially when they are playing laughers.
This is the beginning of the end for Duke as a perennial top 20 team. Clemson will take their place. I think most people saw it coming. The cracks were there in previous seasons but their supreme talent was able to temporarily plug up the holes. The ship half sunk last year and this year it's under water. Recruiting wise they have nothing in the pipeline to be able to compete in the ACC.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

Didn’t look like Lopinto had any problem playing with a new team huh. Picked up right where she left off. Will get the game winner in the National Championship. Book it.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

u
Kleizaster wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:56 pm
Relax77 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:19 pm I will root against Duke for the rest of my life , calling a stick check with .9 seconds left. Ridiculous. Good win by Navy.

This is the beginning of the end for Duke as a perennial top 20 team. Clemson will take their place. I think most people saw it coming. The cracks were there in previous seasons but their supreme talent was able to temporarily plug up the holes. The ship half sunk last year and this year it's under water. Recruiting wise they have nothing in the pipeline to be able to compete in the ACC.
I still think they’ll get the pump that they always get before he year but their play will dump them during the season like it does. A lot here say it’s coaching. I don’t k ow enough about coaching to say it is or is t, but I agree. Not much that we know about in the pipeline.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

Kleizaster wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:51 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:30 pm These service academy teams are always a joy to watch. The effort is always off the charts. Army just pulls ahead of USC in the 3rd.
Absolutely..they have insane work ethic. So when they get 1 or 2 really talented players they go on crazy runs
Army puts an end to Loyola’s run this year. I stand by my original statement. Which many have called ridiculous but I have thick skin. 😀
As I wrote this, USC goes up 2. But I’m still posting it. I don’t care about this game. They upset Loyola in the Pat league tourney. Jeez! Let me finish without scoring. USC up three now. 🤣
Last edited by Relax77 on Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

One thing that I have noticed today and not so much last year, so many freshman taking the draw for these teams today in the games I’ve watched.
Hello

Post by Hello »

Duke overrated as always, proven today. Great game by Navy without their best offensive weapon.
USC nice win over Army both teams looked tough. Where is Nicole Humphrey?
Surprised UVA didn't have a bigger margin over Liberty, seemed to have starters in all game.
BC; is Clarke injured?
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

Madlax59 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:50 am
TNLAX wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:22 am Hopkins at Albany this afternoon as well, this could be a good game.
Why are u thinking a good game . Albany hasn’t been competitive in years .
REALLY? Guess you don't follow Lacrosse. Do your research before you grab the keyboard.
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

Madlax59 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:07 pm
Brownlax wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:41 am
Madlax59 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:50 am
TNLAX wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:22 am Hopkins at Albany this afternoon as well, this could be a good game.
Why are u thinking a good game . Albany hasn’t been competitive in years .
Albany not only made the playoffs last year - they knocked off UVA in the first round of the NCAA's.
I think that was more about UVA…less about Albany.
Let’s see how it goes today. Maybe I’m wrong
No freakin excuses allowed. ALBANY BEAT UVA in the 1st round of the Tournament. UVA had better talent than Albany...and Albany won anyway. Cut the crap about "that was more about UVA" At the end of the game, it is more about UA...because they won and UVA lost.
Last edited by LarryGamLax on Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

Relax77 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:01 pm Didn’t look like Lopinto had any problem playing with a new team huh. Picked up right where she left off. Will get the game winner in the National Championship. Book it.
ONE GAME? You're making predictions after ONE game? Take that "Book it" and sell it along with the Brooklyn Bridge that you bought.

If you're so impressed with Lopinto after one game, then you must wonder why she didn't take Florida to the National Championship??
MolonLaxe

Post by MolonLaxe »

LaxGnome22 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:13 pm Coastal choked. Had a free position with 25 seconds left to tie it and did not tie it. Back to Duke
I’m the one that expected a better showing by Coastal. Downey was pretty much 90% of the offense last year and they are working to establish an identity offensively.

They did choke—it was a winnable game and they did put some young players on the field along with others that didn’t see the field last season. I expect they will improve as the season goes on.

I think the first 4 goals for VT came from man up situations. I’ll have to check the stats but those penalties hurt.

Happy to see Duke drop one to Navy. Some good kids on the team and they have some good kids coming in for 2024.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”