Games Today

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Madlax59

Re: Games Today

Post by Madlax59 »

ultravisitor wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:19 pm Sammy White comes up clutch again, just as she did in the last game against Michigan.
Jeez dumb move on smith with that card...
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

First time watching a game at Clemson. Beautiful facility for sure. Wish they had grass. Also can’t believe they didn’t build in a better camera tower. Especially contrasting from
The game at VT that I just flipped from. Camera angle waaaay too low at Clemson and hard to follow the action.
MolonLaxe

Post by MolonLaxe »

spidey44 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:27 pm First time watching a game at Clemson. Beautiful facility for sure. Wish they had grass. Also can’t believe they didn’t build in a better camera tower. Especially contrasting from
The game at VT that I just flipped from. Camera angle waaaay too low at Clemson and hard to follow the action.
This has been a recurring complaint about the cameras all season long. It’s terrible for TV.
MolonLaxe

Post by MolonLaxe »

Hannah Nielsen always game plans well for NW and this game was no exception. They almost pulled it off.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

spidey44 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:27 pm First time watching a game at Clemson. Beautiful facility for sure. Wish they had grass. Also can’t believe they didn’t build in a better camera tower. Especially contrasting from
Yeah. It sucks. Beautiful in person though.
laxlaxlax

Post by laxlaxlax »

Two games today:

Mercer v ECU @ 2pm
Yale v Denver @ 2.30pm (played at SJU)
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

laxlaxlax wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:43 pm Two games today:

Mercer v ECU @ 2pm
Too bad Denver somehow finagled the exclusive rights to this game for their Pioneer All-Access channel when the game is being played in Philly. Would have been an interesting game to check in on.
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:58 pm

Mercer v ECU @ 2pm
Too bad Denver somehow finagled the exclusive rights to this game for their Pioneer All-Access channel when the game is being played in Philly. Would have been an interesting game to check in on.
Noticed this as well. Even worse than FloSports...at least with flo you get multiple games to watch!
laxlaxlax

Post by laxlaxlax »

spidey44 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:56 pm

Mercer v ECU @ 2pm
Noticed this as well. Even worse than FloSports...at least with flo you get multiple games to watch!
Yep! What a shame. My guess is that the bulldogs win since Denver didn’t exactly dominate against Villanova at weekend.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

laxlaxlax wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:37 pm
spidey44 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:56 pm

Mercer v ECU @ 2pm
Yep! What a shame. My guess is that the bulldogs win since Denver didn’t exactly dominate against Villanova at weekend.
Toss up from where I sit. I have no idea how this game will go.
laxlaxlax

Post by laxlaxlax »

End of 1Q and Denver up 3-2
laxlaxlax

Post by laxlaxlax »

laxlaxlax wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:01 pm End of 1Q and Denver up 3-2
Halftime 6-4 to Yale
watcherinthewoods

Post by watcherinthewoods »

This was my prediction about the Yale/Denver game from earlier in this thread. No one should ever listen to another comment I make on this forum :o :

I was in the stands for VU/Denver yesterday. Beautiful day here in Philly. I was looking forward to seeing the Pios in person but expected a blowout. Could not have been more wrong.

Somehow I missed that Thacker tore her ACL vs. CU. Per her mother, she is hopeful to get back on the field and finish the season, but she was not in the lineup yesterday. Denver defense struggled without her ..:. giving up many feeds into the 8' that VU converted for goals. DU attack struggled against VU zone and the Pios had to come from behind to get the W. A large part of the was their FOGO, who got some actual coaching at halftime and made some successful adjustments in the final 2 quartets to give Denver key possessions.

Denver plays at Yale tomorrow and based on yesterday's game, they need to figure some things out. The Yale zone is a much bigger challenge than VU and Yale's ball movement will be a major problem for the Pios defense without their leader. We'll see if #16 is able to will herself onto the field.
watcherinthewoods

Mercer v ECU @ 2pm
If Denver wants the brand to grow outside their bubble, they need to sign with ESPN so people can actually watch their games. Brand management 101.
watcherinthewoods

Based on box score, Yale goalkeeping was the major factor in this game today. If they want to make an NCAA run, they are gonna have to get better numbers in the cage.
SoCal

Post by SoCal »

lol! Good for you for owning it and having a sense of humor!

All I can say is this season continues to keep us all guessing. This will be a great year to do a tournament bracket pool - so many different teams could come out on top!
watcherinthewoods wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:08 pm This was my prediction about the Yale/Denver game from earlier in this thread. No one should ever listen to another comment I make on this forum :o :

I was in the stands for VU/Denver yesterday. Beautiful day here in Philly. I was looking forward to seeing the Pios in person but expected a blowout. Could not have been more wrong.

Somehow I missed that Thacker tore her ACL vs. CU. Per her mother, she is hopeful to get back on the field and finish the season, but she was not in the lineup yesterday. Denver defense struggled without her ..:. giving up many feeds into the 8' that VU converted for goals. DU attack struggled against VU zone and the Pios had to come from behind to get the W. A large part of the was their FOGO, who got some actual coaching at halftime and made some successful adjustments in the final 2 quartets to give Denver key possessions.

Denver plays at Yale tomorrow and based on yesterday's game, they need to figure some things out. The Yale zone is a much bigger challenge than VU and Yale's ball movement will be a major problem for the Pios defense without their leader. We'll see if #16 is able to will herself onto the field.
laxlaxlax

Post by laxlaxlax »

watcherinthewoods wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:08 pm This was my prediction about the Yale/Denver game from earlier in this thread. No one should ever listen to another comment I make on this forum :o :

Checked the box score and doesn’t look like Thacker was back on the field and playing today.
flushlax77

Post by flushlax77 »

I’m an Ivy doubter I know but Denver is without the heart and soul of their defense, just almost lost to Villanova (who earlier this year lost to Columbia), and Yale drops a neutral site game (on East Coast, driving distance) to a wounded Denver team. Make you think….
Hello

Post by Hello »

Well yes Denver had a down game Saturday and Yale had a down game Monday. We will see how it all plays out. While Denver has lost an important player to injury, they have plenty of depth given their steady supply of grad students and grad transfers while Yale is starting four freshmen and does not have the luxury of fifth and sixth year players. Overall it was a well fought game with some mistakes made by both teams but fewer by Denver in the end. Yale also does not have the experience that a team like Denver has, coming off a final four, so will definitely have to find their footing on the larger stage going forward.
ACClaxfan

Post by ACClaxfan »

Hello wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:52 pm Well yes Denver had a down game Saturday and Yale had a down game Monday. We will see how it all plays out. While Denver has lost an important player to injury, they have plenty of depth given their steady supply of grad students and grad transfers while Yale is starting four freshmen and does not have the luxury of fifth and sixth year players. Overall it was a well fought game with some mistakes made by both teams but fewer by Denver in the end. Yale also does not have the experience that a team like Denver has, coming off a final four, so will definitely have to find their footing on the larger stage going forward.
It’s a little misleading to say Yale and other Ivies do not have the benefit of 5th year players as they have plenty of 2019 high school grads who have been out of high school for 5 years .

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”