England Lacrosse SEMLA

International Men's Lacrosse
ThirdString

England Lacrosse SEMLA

Post by ThirdString »

Due to HEAVY interest we’re doing a SEMLA thread for those yearning for the old laxpower threads.

2024 premier league power rankings

1. Hampstead—The North Americans are barely holding on with close calls to Camden and Spencer. I’d wager that they lose to Camden in local league despite rumors of a undermanned squad.

2. Spencer—Team England looks strong but have dropped two to Hampstead and need a miracle to win the league. Owen Caputo too hard to contain.

3. Camden—Bad shooting/coaching has left them without a flagship win this year. Gonna need more from the North American attackline to get more Dubs

4. Hillcroft—Basically the Roper show with nobody else. Cool unis but they’ve fallen off and are almost as poorly coached as Camden.

5. Hitchin—don’t see them winning another Prem game. Not a lot of game changers but might see them sneak in a way on a down day.

6-Blues—without fielding a team the defacto, once kings of the South they now are simply a club that has a fun lacrosse tournament.

Will do all SEMLA teams at year end.
ThirdString

Re: England Lacrosse SEMLA

Post by ThirdString »

By popular demand, we have the updated power rankings:

1. Owen Caputo--have reviewed the film and decided that he's worth a ranking on his own. Will be seeing if he plays vs. the North at the end of the season so we can have him represent England at the European club championships.

2. Spencer--another week of pounding Camden into submission. Elite attacking group that will dice you up off-ball, gonna need their poles to up their shooting percentage though if they want to make an all-SEMLA team. Would be European Champs if it wasn't for Caputo.

3. Hampstead--can't in good concious put a team that only beat Camden by 1, number 1 (now known as the Vex at Middlesex (working on a name for this choke so will take suggestions)). Otherwise they lead the league in corners stuck and 15yd bomb squads so credit where credit is due. Still waiting on that pro goalie we keep hearing about.

4. Blues--in retrospect they should be higher since their Women's team has better stick skills than most of the Prem and all of the other divisions. Special shoutout to the one D-pole who rocks a CPX, hope to see it again next year.

5. NEMLA--yea, yea deeper league, more competive :roll: . The fact of the matter is that since Jovan Miller was getting cross-checked by Stockport on youtube, the UK champion has been running through the south. Would be European Champs if it wasn't for Caputo, Spencer & Hampstead.

6. Camden--Props for taking Hampstead to the wire a couple of times, but won't give them more than that. Gonna need their goalie to step it up if they want to get a Dub in 2024, he went D3 for a reason though. If AI doesn't scare you already, apparently there's a photo shop of T-Pain scoring. Would be European Champs if it wasn't for Caputo, Spencer, Hampstead and the NEMLA.

7. Hillcroft--Potentially winning the Meme war on the northern line, does that mean they win the Northern Line derby this month? Some are saying that this team isn't just Roper, not me, but some are saying it. Beat Camden and you're in 5th. Would be European Champs if it wasn't for Caputo, Spencer, Hampstead, the NEMLA, and maybe Camden.

8. Hitchin--Need to let Russ cook & hope that the military budget gets them some more hired guns from the base. Solid style of play, great off-ball cutting, just need a few more horses, putting them on spoiler watch. Would probably be European Champs is it wasn't for Caputo, Spencer, Hampstead, the NEMLA and Camden/Hillcroft.

And since I'm a loser and this has been HEAVILY requested--division 1 rankings.

1. Spencer 2's--here by default since they haven't lost a Div1 game since the John Major government, however not as dominant as years past. Gonna go out with a HOT take and put them on upset alert. They sport a legend of the game in the cage.

2. Reading--Wales dude can ball, solid attack, and their one pole has some serious flow, hoping that the Syracuse attackmen can start turning it up again to get an upset. Only request for Milner's boys is that they get some updated unis, let that red & black wildcat pop. Can they take one off Spencer?

3. Welwyn--team runs through the big man in cage and 39/17 can put the ball in the back of the net. Gonna need a bit more consistency out of them. Bonus points for using a Weatherspoons as the post match pub.

4. EG--would probably be in first if this was box lax/masters but alas it's not. Some crafty veterans but need a bit more depth on the defensive side of things. Like Reading, give the crowd some new Unis--silver and black has potential.

5. Bristol--I'll be honest, haven't seen the boys play but they have a few Wales players and have taken a game off Reading. Probably should be higher but I can only rank what I've seen.

6. Spencer 3's--Bit of a down year for the boys, possibly attributed to more focus on Instagram gains rather than wall ball. Probably 1st in Spencer power rankings of post-game festivities, lets see if they finish strong.

7. Cheltenham--same as Bristol but they have less wins. Thinking about bumping them up on the clean uniforms alone, in fact I probably should've.

8. Raptors--Contain the most jacked dude, Dpole with the biggest legs and a Dpole with a wooden shaft which gets you bonus points, unfortunately those don't win you games. Hoping to see a revival out of these once Prem league risers, can they finish strong?

Division 2

--Sike Camden & Hillcroft I'm not making any

Div 3
1. Rob Gooch--someone call up Nick Cage becuase this man is a National Treasure on the mic. Only critique is that we need more than just box and flags finals, give the crowd what they want (occasional Prem game??)
45wewantmore

Re: England Lacrosse SEMLA

Post by 45wewantmore »

so who will be European Champs?

Return to “INTERNATIONAL MENS LACROSSE”