CNU 2024

D3 Mens Lacrosse
choochooCharlie

Re: CNU 2024

Post by choochooCharlie »

ah23 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:55 am
Laxattackjack wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 4:56 pm and where did they travel last year? or this year.
Multiple people have explained it to you multiple times. You just don’t like the answer.
Gosh. You really don’t like different view points. Perhaps forums and the like aren’t good places for you to spend your time.
Laxdds

Post by Laxdds »

I am not a fan of Tufts lacrosse, but I respect the heck out of them. They are the absolute king of the north and until someone beats them (RIT) they will stay that way. They beat everyone they schedule you can't argue with that. As far as traveling south I know they were scheduled to play Gettysburg in 2020 but the game got canceled due to COVID. I disagree that there are no quality opponents for them to play except Salisbury. Gettysburg, W&L, York, Dickinson come to mind. Tufts would beat them, but they would certainly be quality opponents. CNU had their shot this year and got destroyed, maybe they will get another shot at them in May.
5Star

Post by 5Star »

Laxdds wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:22 am They are the absolute king of the north and until someone beats them (RIT) they will stay that way.
They are a terrific program. A legit contender every single year. Recruit well, develop well, and have high level culture and chemistry. A model program for most institutions. They’ve crushed yet another quality opponent in eye opening fashion, as they’ve been known to do.

But hasn’t RIT won 2 of the last 3 national championships? Tufts can call themselves kings of the north, but Salisbury is still the one sitting on the iron throne.

We are almost a decade from the last time Tufts won a national championship and that trophy case is just as full today as it was the day D’Annolfo took over.
Laxattackjack

Post by Laxattackjack »

5Star wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:49 am
Laxdds wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:22 am They are the absolute king of the north and until someone beats them (RIT) they will stay that way.
They are a terrific program. A legit contender every single year. Recruit well, develop well, and have high level culture and chemistry. A model program for most institutions. They’ve crushed yet another quality opponent in eye opening fashion, as they’ve been known to do.

But hasn’t RIT won 2 of the last 3 national championships? Tufts can call themselves kings of the north, but Salisbury is still the one sitting on the iron throne.

We are almost a decade from the last time Tufts won a national championship and that trophy case is just as full today as it was the day D’Annolfo took over.
i was thinking the same. tufts hasn’t won the title in almost 10 years. and the team that won the year before Tufts, was Stevenson. should we refer to stevenson as the kings of the south? just kidding.

tufts is a great program. the fans seem to guzzle the koolaid. i hope the coaches are as arrogant as the fans, and assume they would beat CNU if they play again. i have a feeling that is why tufts lost the natty last year
shorelax12

Post by shorelax12 »

Laxattackjack wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:36 pm

i was thinking the same. tufts hasn’t won the title in almost 10 years. and the team that won the year before Tufts, was Stevenson. should we refer to stevenson as the kings of the south? just kidding.

tufts is a great program. the fans seem to guzzle the koolaid. i hope the coaches are as arrogant as the fans, and assume they would beat CNU if they play again. i have a feeling that is why tufts lost the natty last year
I certainly understand the animosity towards, Tufts, their coach, fans, etc., but it seems a little disingenuous to be dragging the program in the CNU forum. If you want to talk RIT or Salisbury vs. Tufts, I get it, but history favors Tufts in any discussion regarding CNU until proven otherwise.
Laxattackjack

Post by Laxattackjack »

shorelax12 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:56 pm

I certainly understand the animosity towards, Tufts, their coach, fans, etc., but it seems a little disingenuous to be dragging the program in the CNU forum. If you want to talk RIT or Salisbury vs. Tufts, I get it, but history favors Tufts in any discussion regarding CNU until proven otherwise.
you are starting to sound like a cult. its ok for lacrosse fans to have an opinion that differs from the tufts book of rules. i don’t think anyone disparaged tufts. i don’t recall any comments that they are a bad team. i am pretty sure that most on here said tufts and salisbury are in a group by themselves. clearly playing better than other teams. but we also see reality. CNU is a very good team that had a bad day. too many tufts fans are easily offended if a neutral viewer says that if these two teams played again, in a neutral site, it won’t be as lopsided as the other day.
shorelax12

Post by shorelax12 »

Laxattackjack wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:29 pm
shorelax12 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:56 pm

you are starting to sound like a cult. its ok for lacrosse fans to have an opinion that differs from the tufts book of rules. i don’t think anyone disparaged tufts. i don’t recall any comments that they are a bad team. i am pretty sure that most on here said tufts and salisbury are in a group by themselves. clearly playing better than other teams. but we also see reality. CNU is a very good team that had a bad day. too many tufts fans are easily offended if a neutral viewer says that if these two teams played again, in a neutral site, it won’t be as lopsided as the other day.
Probably a bit of a stretch to suggest that somebody on here is a "neutral viewer"...but either way, results count, and the same goes for Salisbury and RIT, their track records speak for themselves. I just think that the - if it didn't rain, or if they played on a neutral field, etc., cannot be the narrative based upon the results, CNU was outplayed and outcoached, much like Tufts was in the NC last year. I know that CNU is a very good team, but they need a real statement win to prove it.
ah23

Post by ah23 »

choochooCharlie wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:58 am Gosh. You really don’t like different view points. Perhaps forums and the like aren’t good places for you to spend your time.
1. Different viewpoints are fine. Objective facts are not “view points”, and vice versa.

2. I don’t like when people ignore objective facts to push a made-up narrative.

3. I also don’t like bad faith trolls who bring literally nothing of value to the table, which is why the mute list is being put to good use this season.
choochooCharlie

ah23 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:20 pm
choochooCharlie wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:58 am Gosh. You really don’t like different view points. Perhaps forums and the like aren’t good places for you to spend your time.
1. Different viewpoints are fine. Objective facts are not “view points”, and vice versa.

3. I also don’t like bad faith trolls who bring literally nothing of value to the table, which is why the mute list is being put to good use this season.
1. I believe Laxjack is saying that IF they played again at a neutral site, he believes there would be a different outcome. That is a view point.

2. You disagree, and that’s fine. It’s weird to think that I’d be the first to tell you this but here it is, your opinion IS NOT objective fact simply because YOU hold it. Open yourself up to different ideas. Stop seeing things through this bizarre NESCAC kaleidoscope.

3. You don’t have to like me, but you don’t get to cancel different viewpoints (try as you might). And here’s some free advice, if you really muted me do us both a favor and just stop clicking the button to intentionally see my muted message, it kind of defeats the purpose of the mute.

Bad faith trolls. Kinda like a NESCAC fan coming into a thread about a school in the South for the sole purpose of arguing with others (some of whom he purports to have muted and is “ignoring”).

Yea, I can’t stand those types of people either :roll:

Jumbo

Post by Jumbo »

choochooCharlie wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:15 am
ah23 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:20 pm

1. I believe Laxjack is saying that IF they played again at a neutral site, he believes there would be a different outcome. That is a view point.

2. You disagree, and that’s fine. It’s weird to think that I’d be the first to tell you this but here it is, your opinion IS NOT objective fact simply because YOU hold it. Open yourself up to different ideas. Stop seeing things through this bizarre NESCAC kaleidoscope.

3. You don’t have to like me, but you don’t get to cancel different viewpoints (try as you might). And here’s some free advice, if you really muted me do us both a favor and just stop clicking the button to intentionally see my muted message, it kind of defeats the purpose of the mute.

Bad faith trolls. Kinda like a NESCAC fan coming into a thread about a school in the South for the sole purpose of arguing with others (some of whom he purports to have muted and is “ignoring”).

Yea, I can’t stand those types of people either :roll:

well said. this is literally a forum for opinions. why do some people get so offended by other people’s opinions.
ah23

Post by ah23 »

Couldn’t really be less well-said, because nothing in their comment applies to what I posted. I commented about the idea that Tufts doesn’t/wouldn't travel to play tough midweek OOC games. That’s not a diFfErEnCe of oPiNiOn. That is (wait for it) objectively, factually wrong based on years and years of data. Pretty straightforward.

I didn’t say anything about the idea that the game would play out differently if they met again, because that is an opinion with no right/wrong answer. For what it’s worth, I agree that the game would play out differently if the teams met a second time. CNU is too good of a team to come out that flat twice, they always play Salisbury close, Hanway would be much better, etc.

I also agree that a large benefit of any forum is talking about different opinions. However, I don’t agree with the view some people in here have that this site is a magical safe space where statistics/objective facts don’t count and making things up is protected speech. If someone makes a claim that has some stats/data on the other end, that’s fair game. Whining about being cAnCeLleD and shrieking about “accepting different opinions!!” because someone points out that 2+2 doesn’t equal 17 is a joke.

In short, criticism/disagreement based on the facts is how forums work. Grow up and deal with it.
SouthieLax

Post by SouthieLax »

Exactly, choochooCharlie is so deliriously focused on bashing the NESCAC that he couldn’t follow the thread and then spent 4 paragraphs stating the obvious.

Laxattackjack is a classic internet troll because he says things like “Tufts would NEVER travel South midweek”. And when it’s pointed out that is objectively false, he’ll still carry on saying it. Thats a troll and it adds no value for anyone. It’s fine if someone thinks CNU will beat Tufts if they play again, even if it’s a weird take away from Wednesday’s game.
choochooCharlie

SouthieLax wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:21 am Exactly, choochooCharlie is so deliriously focused on bashing the NESCAC that he couldn’t follow the thread and then spent 4 paragraphs stating the obvious.
You’re mean. I’m muting you.
:roll:
WashedUpLaxBro03

Post by WashedUpLaxBro03 »

Okay, back on subject…CNU. Big week coming up at Mustang Classic with Dickinson, who I am sure has revenge on their mind.
The12lov3

Post by The12lov3 »

Mustang Classic should be fun. Lots of great games on tap for next weekend. Is it one broadcast? How does it work?
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

WashedUpLaxBro03 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:46 am Okay, back on subject…CNU. Big week coming up at Mustang Classic with Dickinson, who I am sure has revenge on their mind.
I kind of feel like Dickinson is pretty overrated based on their early season results and CNU, who will have had more than a week, to stew over the smackdown that they took at Tufts I could see this as an 8-9 goal win for CNU and then St. Lawrence on Saturday
ChopMan23

Post by ChopMan23 »

Asgot wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:31 pm
WashedUpLaxBro03 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:46 am Okay, back on subject…CNU. Big week coming up at Mustang Classic with Dickinson, who I am sure has revenge on their mind.
I kind of feel like Dickinson is pretty overrated based on their early season results and CNU, who will have had more than a week, to stew over the smackdown that they took at Tufts I could see this as an 8-9 goal win for CNU and then St. Lawrence on Saturday
Dickinson will be up for it. They dominated Stevenson. But I agree, CNU by at least 4+. I believe all the games are streamed by Stevenson.
Oaklax

Post by Oaklax »

Heart break OT loss vs a great St. Lawerence team.

Not sure what happened in the 3rd Quarter as the captains looked lost on defense and did not execute at all on offense.

Looks like coach Thompson was on the field trying to get a time out called in OT but the refs weren’t granting it with ball loose on the ground still.

Couple bad possession calls by the refs as well in OT and a miss high hit call which should have given CNU a man up opportunity.

As the goalie situation, with three games in a row below 50% saves %, the freshman goalie should be the starter for the remainder of the season.
Notgoodatlax

Post by Notgoodatlax »

SLU had a great weekend. Definitely would like to retry that 3rd quarter today.
Backlax

Post by Backlax »

SLU is good, not great - Played with more heart than CNU. SLU very solid defense and goal-tending. What's going on with the CNU FO and Keeper? I was under the impression those positions were stellar. They pulled the keeper at Tufts as well, no?

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”