General Chatter
njbill

Re: NFL

Post by njbill »

The two most hated words in Buffalo.
molo

Post by molo »

The two best teams in the AFC—and NFL—will meet Sunday here on what SJU e a fairly warm but possibly rainy day. Can the Ravens finally put 2019 to rest? Are the Chiefs headed back to the Super Bowl!
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

molo wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:41 pm The two best teams in the AFC—and NFL—will meet Sunday here on what SJU e a fairly warm but possibly rainy day. Can the Ravens finally put 2019 to rest? Are the Chiefs headed back to the Super Bowl!
Agreed. For all intents and purposes, this is the Super Bowl.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

njbill wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:47 pm The two most hated words in Buffalo.
Wide right... It brings a cold chill into the heart of all Bills fans. One thing that makes me happy is most Bills fans still know how to smile through the pain. There was one comment I read that made me laugh out loud. Despite the pain of the loss it became known that Taylor Swift was spotted eating Buffalo wings with a knife and fork. To think that losing the game wasn't bad but the humiliation never ends. Only heathens eat chicken wings with a knife and fork. Licking the hot sauce off of your fingers is almost as good as the wings themselves.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
njbill

Post by njbill »

On the other hand, you got to experience Jason Kelce yesterday. Attended a Bills tailgate and, even though he was rooting for his brother’s team (understandable), I imagine he behaved in a manner that any Bills fan could’ve been proud of yesterday. Certainly outshined TS in that suite.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

njbill wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:47 pm On the other hand, you got to experience Jason Kelce yesterday. Attended a Bills tailgate and, even though he was rooting for his brother’s team (understandable), I imagine he behaved in a manner that any Bills fan could’ve been proud of yesterday. Certainly outshined TS in that suite.
Shirtless and chugging a beer.He is an honorary member of the Bills mafia IMO. I saw an interview with Josh this morning that he is contemplating what to do about his bum shoulder. I think that it might require surgery. Even with a bum shoulder he watched all of his wide receivers let perfectly thrown deep passes slip right through their fingers.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Jason‘s two-year-old daughter who was watching from home said, “dad‘s b o o bs (typed this way due to fanlax Puritan filter) are showing.”

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/101 ... g-on-video
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

njbill wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:46 am Jason‘s two-year-old daughter who was watching from home said, “dad‘s b o o bs (typed this way due to fanlax Puritan filter) are showing.”

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/101 ... g-on-video
I thought Jason fit right in with the Bills mafia. The only thing out of place was he was wearing the wrong knit cap.
njbill

Post by njbill »

I see a lot of similarity between Eagles and Bills fans. We got our SB a few years ago when St. Nick was sent down from above. You’ll get yours one day, hopefully during the Josh Allen era. I’m a big fan of his.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

njbill wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:59 am I see a lot of similarity between Eagles and Bills fans. We got our SB a few years ago when St. Nick was sent down from above. You’ll get yours one day, hopefully during the Josh Allen era. I’m a big fan of his.
I hope Josh wins the Lombardi trophy at some point in time. My Bills bias aside he is a rare type of quarterback who puts his body on the line every single play. The word out of Bills central is he may need surgery on his bum shoulder that he played with most of this season. I would like to see him cut down on the interceptions. Some of them left me shaking my head.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

I was pulling hard for the Ravens yesterday. Tip of the hat to Steve Spagnuolo. His defense kept the Ravens off balance the entire game. What happened to that Ravens defense???

I was pulling just as hard for the Lions. If you don't love Dan Campbell you don't know old school football. I was chatting back and forth with my fellow Bills fans during the game. The Lions chose to become Buffalo Bills version 2.0. That involves finding a way to grasp defeat from the jaws of victory.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Have to love that all the talk in sports media today is whether Taylor Swift will be at the Stupid Bowl in Las Vegas in two weeks.

She has a 3 hour concert gig in Tokyo the day of and needs 12 hours to fly from Japan to Vegas thus placing her arriving around 3:00PM PST. Game time start is set for 3:30PM PST

Her concert ends, conservatively, at 11 p.m. Saturday night, Feb. 10, which is 6 a.m. Saturday morning in Las Vegas. With the game starting at 3:30 p.m. Pacific Time and the fastest someone could fly commercially from Tokyo to Las Vegas would be under 13 hours,

https://variety.com/2024/music/news/tay ... 235890235/

She will have to leave again shortly after the game to make concert dates in Australia.
DMac

Post by DMac »

She'll get some egg rolls, miso soup, and tempura to go, hop on her private jet and be in her booth to watch her boyfriend (who played a pretty darn good game yesterday...looked like Kelce of old) play in the Super Bowl.
GO NINERS...just liking the Purdy journey. $860K (or so) QB going to the Super Bowl. Where's Dak. :D
njbill

Post by njbill »

Roger will hold up the start time of the Super Bowl to make sure Taylor is able to get to the game on time.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Kismet wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:00 pm Have to love that all the talk in sports media today is whether Taylor Swift will be at the Stupid Bowl in Las Vegas in two weeks.

She has a 3 hour concert gig in Tokyo the day of and needs 12 hours to fly from Japan to Vegas thus placing her arriving around 3:00PM PST. Game time start is set for 3:30PM PST

Her concert ends, conservatively, at 11 p.m. Saturday night, Feb. 10, which is 6 a.m. Saturday morning in Las Vegas. With the game starting at 3:30 p.m. Pacific Time and the fastest someone could fly commercially from Tokyo to Las Vegas would be under 13 hours,

She will have to leave again shortly after the game to make concert dates in Australia.
Um check what day the Super Bowl is played - Sunday, not Saturday.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

RedFromMI wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:21 pm
Kismet wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:00 pm Have to love that all the talk in sports media today is whether Taylor Swift will be at the Stupid Bowl in Las Vegas in two weeks.

Yes, but Tokyo is on the other side of the International Dateline so it is a day before LV.
My bad I meant Sunday for the SB - her concert is Saturday night (in Japan)
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

Kismet wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:20 pm

Yes, but Tokyo is on the other side of the International Dateline so it is a day before LV.
She will make it to Las Vegas Saturday Evening (Vegas Time), plenty of time before the game starts. She's not flying commercially! Time difference works in her favor in this case.

Joe
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:42 pm

She will make it to Las Vegas Saturday Evening (Vegas Time), plenty of time before the game starts. She's not flying commercially! Time difference works in her favor in this case.

Joe
The key here is what is the time in Las Vegas when the plane leaves Tokyo. So if she leaves Tokyo at 1 am Sunday morning (Tokyo time) it will be 8 am in Las Vegas on _Saturday_ morning. Add twelve hours for the flight and you get 8 pm Saturday evening. You can even do a stopover along the way for a few hours and make it by Sunday morning Vegas time.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

RedFromMI wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:26 am
JoeMauer89 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:42 pm

Joe
The key here is what is the time in Las Vegas when the plane leaves Tokyo. So if she leaves Tokyo at 1 am Sunday morning (Tokyo time) it will be 8 am in Las Vegas on _Saturday_ morning. Add twelve hours for the flight and you get 8 pm Saturday evening. You can even do a stopover along the way for a few hours and make it by Sunday morning Vegas time.
Agreed. You can bet your behind she will be in attendance in Vegas. Thx to the International Dateline.

Also hard to believe she has never agreed to do a Stupid Bowl halftime show having been asked multiple times.

CBS (and advertisers) are drooling over the audience bump she will deliver. Ka-Ching!!!!!!!!!!!

Also hilarious to see the MAGA conspiracists scream that Kelce/Swift are part of a deep state cabal to brainwash everyone. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Kismet on Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “GENERAL CHATTER”