Week One - 2024

D1 Mens Fantasy Lacrosse
Matnum PI

Re: Week One - 2024

Post by Matnum PI »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:32 am You think Poitras may be an A/M?
Anyone confirm or deny?
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

It’s clear they started the season with the mindset of having him play Attack this year, if not exclusively then primarily. If a kid played mainly one position like attack but 3-4x a season they invert for a few stretches then I might argue the kid should just be attack. Conversely if the start of a new season which is a 5th year the coaches move a kid from where he was for 75% of his total career and it’s really not going well with that move and now they’re moving the kid back some to his predominant college position by tenure/minutes then I would think that the kid isn’t really exclusively an attack in the case of Poitras. I would see it this way for others too. There’s probably a grey area scenario for a soph or jr who has run but evolved a lot but that isn’t the situation at hand here. Someone like Michael Lampert is in the middle. Solid production but not major for 2.5yrs and played both positions a decent bit: looks like sr year he’s all attack and producing more so that may be just A but I’d be sympathetic still. (I know for a fact that Hobart runs 6 kids during Brundages time in Geneva and think of them as fairly fungible beyond 2-3 kids who are clearly one thing and that what they list on the roster and games notes is just filler and not intended to communicate anything firm to the outside world but we also run a very broke a**, low budget SID function.

Plus what are you guys going to do when there’s a food fight to draft FFG Jr but his selected college only lists him for position as “stud”?
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
Uklax

Post by Uklax »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:26 pm
Anyone confirm or deny?
We go by stats in this place and the box score for the latest game said…. M

Therefore you could defo argue he is A/M now for sure

Regardless of FFGs long explanation that always goes back to his son hahaha (in case it doesn’t come across in typing, I jest)
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Uklax wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:36 pm ... the box score for the latest game said…. M
Sure enough: https://loyolagreyhounds.com/sidearmsta ... ;team=home. He's an A/M.
Caddy Day
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Uklax wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:36 pm
Matnum PI wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:26 pm
Anyone confirm or deny?
We go by stats in this place and the box score for the latest game said…. M

Therefore you could defo argue he is A/M now for sure

Regardless of FFGs long explanation that always goes back to his son hahaha (in case it doesn’t come across in typing, I jest)
This is his team everyone understands. But is Poitras getting back to mid use with his top advocate? No, so take notes Patty Ireland and Wayne LaPierre. This is how you get things done.

He’s just finding his voice. It’s like when I got my first dog in NYC, Meara. She never barked, was a hyper spazz (I learned it from her!) but quiet. Then 7mo later we get her a “sister” (Lhasa apso little foo foo dog) who’s ten weeks old and won’t shut her little yap up. Well..one day Meara decides “forget Belle I’m the dang Alpha dog up in here so hear me roar!” And that was the day the music died, we was drowned out by small dog barking…

What if the moron student keeping stats screw it up? Granted it’s not an eligible team but if you saw all the screw ups over time there it would be pretty hard to make that the quantitative determinant of position.
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide

Return to “D1 MENS FANTASY LACROSSE”