Them vs. U.S. - The Two Americas ...

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
ggait

Re: Them vs. U.S. - The Two Americas ...

Post by ggait »

But the left's desire to go a step further and celebrate fringe behaviors and very personal choices that is offensive.

They know this. It's just their tactic.
I'm curious as to who is/is not fringe and offensive according to Kra?

Gallup estimates 7.1% of Americans ID as LGTBQ. That's 23.7 million people. Or about the entire population of Florida. The actual number is likely higher.

Or is it some other groups that you feel are fringe/offensive.

I'm all ears.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

ggait wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:12 pm
But the left's desire to go a step further and celebrate fringe behaviors and very personal choices that is offensive.

Gallup estimates 7.1% of Americans ID as LGTBQ. That's 23.7 million people. Or about the entire population of Florida. The actual number is likely higher.

I'm all ears.
He's probably busy celebrating Lesbian Visibility Day. Be patient.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

I'm all ears.
How did Gallup come up with this estimate? If you could smell it I'm sure there was deep inner bowel odor attached to it. I bet that 63.8 % of Americans put peas in their tuna casserole. :roll: Was there a margin of error in that estimate? Plus or minus 20 million sounds about right. :D
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:50 pm

I'm all ears.
How did Gallup come up with this estimate? If you could smell it I'm sure there was deep inner bowel odor attached to it. I bet that 63.8 % of Americans put peas in their tuna casserole. :roll: Was there a margin of error in that estimate? Plus or minus 20 million sounds about right. :D
Read all about it:

https://news.gallup.com/poll/470708/lgb ... teady.aspx
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:23 pm
PizzaSnake wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:43 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:27 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:13 am
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:38 am I feel like most people who complain about "woke" have no idea what the definition of "woke" is.

It's one of the new boogeymen.
It has just become a byword for antipathy to racial and gender awareness, and for worse things. Have to admit that the Right's ability to transform descriptives into dirty words is what they do best. They are pretty much policy free, but they stoke discord better than anyone.
Imagine that, ignoring the left's strong desire to categorize everything, celebrating fringe behavior as normal, and using descriptives to stoke discord.

Nothing like celebrating our differences instead of what we all have in common.

:roll:
Funny, I thought what we all have in common is that we are different.

That which would make us stronger as a nation is recognizing those differences and celebrating them.
You are half right.

It's a good thing to recognize and accept that everyone is different. In every way. Period.

Perhaps those with “fringe” beliefs find celebration of normative behavior obnoxious and irritating?

Or are we back to the tyranny of the majority question?
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Fair question, Kram.

What exactly are these "fringe behaviors" and "personal choices" that are so "offensive"?

Surely we're not talking about a "personal choice" that is "offensive" to others because of religious beliefs?

Certain religious sects were certainly considered "fringe" and "offensive" to others holding other beliefs...and yet, that's a big part of the core rationale of America...

Or is this something "offensive" by some well-reasoned ethical standard? If so, what's that standard?
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

PizzaSnake wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:09 pm
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:38 am I feel like most people who complain about "woke" have no idea what the definition of "woke" is.

It has just become a byword for antipathy to racial and gender awareness, and for worse things. Have to admit that the Right's ability to transform descriptives into dirty words is what they do best. They are pretty much policy free, but they stoke discord better than anyone.
Imagine that, ignoring the left's strong desire to categorize everything, celebrating fringe behavior as normal, and using descriptives to stoke discord.

That which would make us stronger as a nation is recognizing those differences and celebrating them.
You are half right.

It's a good thing to recognize and accept that everyone is different. In every way. Period.

Perhaps those with “fringe” beliefs find celebration of normative behavior obnoxious and irritating?

Don't confuse the two- beliefs and behaviors.
People are always free to believe and think whatever they want. Beliefs and thoughts don't infringe upon others.
Behavior and actions are different.
And that goes for all sides, on all topics.
a fan

Post by a fan »

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:37 pm

You are half right.

People are always free to believe and think whatever they want. Beliefs and thoughts don't infringe upon others.
Example? Because for the the life me, I don't understand what you're talking about. All sorts of "fringe" behaviors.

For heaven's sake: lacrosse is a "fringe" behavior. Not a whole lot of us on fields out there.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

a fan wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:29 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:37 pm

You are half right.

Example? Because for the the life me, I don't understand what you're talking about. All sorts of "fringe" behaviors.

For heaven's sake: lacrosse is a "fringe" behavior. Not a whole lot of us on fields out there.
As I noted, plenty of people find the laxbro culture and behaviors abhorrent.

Be nice if everyone was more accommodating of those they do not share interests and behaviors with. Now, there are certain behaviors that society has marked as “out of bounds.” Tricky part of that is that the younger cohorts are changing those boundaries, and some members of some cohorts are swimming against this tide of societal norm adjustment.

Good luck and I hope you don’t drown. And no, I won’t rescue you because I don’t want you to drown me as I try and save you.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
ggait

Post by ggait »

Come on Kra.

You said this. So why refuse to tell us what in fact you are talking about.

Presumably you are too afraid to admit what your prejudices are.

To which I say -- GFY you racist misogynist troll. I really wish Fanlax had a much higher quality block function. I tried to block your toxic noxious spews years ago, but unfortunately your garbage still leaks through.

Please go away. You really deserve to be cancelled.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Communities create boundaries and limits. There is no such thing as every individual gets to set their own boundaries and limits if you want to live in community. There are assumptions or principles supporting any community. Even laxpower had them. Authoritarians of whatever stripe want to have it both ways depending on which path benefits them
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

ggait wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:41 pm

Come on Kra.

To which I say -- GFY you racist misogynist troll. I really wish Fanlax had a much higher quality block function. I tried to block your toxic noxious spews years ago, but unfortunately your garbage still leaks through.

You could always find another site if you don't like what you hear, it's that simple. :roll: :roll:

Beyond inappropriate.

Joe
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:31 pm

Come on Kra.

You could always find another site if you don't like what you hear, it's that simple. :roll: :roll:

Beyond inappropriate.

Joe
Beyond inappropriate for sure. Sadly this mindset predominates on this forum. Everything liberal Democrat is always good. Everything conservative Republican is always bad.
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:03 pm

Come on Kra.

Beyond inappropriate.

Joe
Beyond inappropriate for sure. Sadly this mindset predominates on this forum. Everything liberal Democrat is always good. Everything conservative Republican is always bad.
Funny, you and others always say the opposite. :lol:

Not a lot of liberal Democrats on this board. The US has shifted so far to the right that you and others think center-right people or independents with some conservative and liberal ideas are all 100% FLPs.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Come on Kra.

Beyond inappropriate.

Joe
Pearls a little tight today?
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Come on Kra.

Beyond inappropriate.

Joe
Really? You, of all people, condemning inflamed, intemperate speech?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

PizzaSnake wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:36 pm

Come on Kra.

Beyond inappropriate.

Joe
You two need to hug it out….long history. 😂
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

PizzaSnake wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:35 pm

Come on Kra.

Beyond inappropriate.

Joe
Receded into a body cavity.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

PizzaSnake wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:35 pm

Come on Kra.

Beyond inappropriate.

Joe
:lol: :lol:

Joe
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:02 pm
PizzaSnake wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:36 pm

Come on Kra.

Beyond inappropriate.

Joe
You two need to hug it out….long history. 😂
Or slug it out... :D

Return to “POLITICS”