Them vs. U.S. - The Two Americas ...

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: Them vs. U.S. - The Two Americas ...

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:43 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:34 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:02 pm This is a dodge. The issue isn't teaching skill, it's what's in the curriculum, beyond the basics.
The teacher's unions' political influence on curriculum has made them the enemy.
They should have stayed neutral in the culture wars & not supported, or endorsed, either party or any candidate.
The Hatch Act should apply to Teachers Unions & their members, just as it does to the military, imho.
You're trusting them with shaping your children's minds & characters.
This just in : the NEA is threatening to un-endorse Biden until there is a permanent ceasefire in Gaza.
Keep it up, then. Stick it to those horrible, mean ol' public teachers. And keep paying them sh(t wages so we can keep getting the worst teachers we can find. Let the libs in places that think differently than you get great educations, and all the great jobs, and let them run everything. Fine by me.
Let the NEA determine our foreign policy & national security strategy.

Now children, let's all say -- from the river to the sea, Palestine must be free.
Keep it up, then. Stick it to those horrible, mean ol' public teachers. And keep paying them sh(t wages so we can keep getting the worst teachers we can find. Let the libs in places that think differently than you get great educations, and all the great jobs, and let them run everything. Fine by me.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:09 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:54 pm
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:35 am The funniest and saddest part about the people who eat this kind of stuff up? Their current solution is to vote in a silver-spoon Ivy League New York City "Billionaire." The mainstream media they consume does its best to suggest he's looking out for the workers of America while these "coastal elites" are the biggest bogeyman.
He only got into an Ivy for a MBA. He didn't get into an Ivy as an undergrad. His undergrad school is now in the PL.
He transferred to Penn from Fordham as an undergrad because of his rich daddy/brother connections. And he "earned" a B.S. Don't see anything about an MBA.

So he was accepted into an Ivy as an undergrad transfer. Because he was rich and potential cheating.

So he's a silver-spoon Ivy League grad New York City "Billionaire" through and through. Even if it took being a nepo-baby to do the Ivy thing.

Any more fact checking chief?
Of coures OS is incorrect here. But...I will say, even for a 40 something guy like myself, for most of my life most everyone referred to the MBA progrtam as Wharton. The branding of undergrad business schools really didnt seem to exist until sometime in like the 2000s even if the schools name existed long before for both undergrad and grad school. Personally, I think if you get a BS or BA in business, using anything other than the college or university name is a signal of someone trying to sell something they aren't and puts my on guard immediately. Of course the folks who went to NYU or Mich want everyone to think they have an MBA (though wharton is by far the most overused intentionally by undergrads seemingly) without having taken the time or done the work but it's dishonest to me unless you immediately share that its a bachelors in the same breath.

Of course the statement with certainty about who or what he is is incorrect but I do think many using the branded buisness school intend to obfuscate the work they did and education they attained.
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
a fan

Post by a fan »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:19 am
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:35 am The funniest and saddest part about the people who eat this kind of stuff up? Their current solution is to vote in a silver-spoon Ivy League New York City "Billionaire." The mainstream media they consume does its best to suggest he's looking out for the workers of America while these "coastal elites" are the biggest bogeyman.
He only got into an Ivy for a MBA. He didn't get into an Ivy as an undergrad. His undergrad school is now in the PL.
He transferred to Penn from Fordham as an undergrad because of his rich daddy/brother connections. And he "earned" a B.S. Don't see anything about an MBA.

So he was accepted into an Ivy as an undergrad transfer. Because he was rich and potential cheating.

So he's a silver-spoon Ivy League grad New York City "Billionaire" through and through. Even if it took being a nepo-baby to do the Ivy thing.

Of coures OS is incorrect here. But...I will say, even for a 40 something guy like myself, for most of my life most everyone referred to the MBA progrtam as Wharton. The branding of undergrad business schools really didnt seem to exist until sometime in like the 2000s even if the schools name existed long before for both undergrad and grad school. Personally, I think if you get a BS or BA in business, using anything other than the college or university name is a signal of someone trying to sell something they aren't and puts my on guard immediately. Of course the folks who went to NYU or Mich want everyone to think they have an MBA (though wharton is by far the most overused intentionally by undergrads seemingly) without having taken the time or done the work but it's dishonest to me unless you immediately share that its a bachelors in the same breath.
My experience is that the difference between the kids in Undergrad at Michigan, and the kids in Grad programs......is enormous. It's like two different schools.

The undergrad feels like an average State school. Grad programs? Cream of the crop for most Departments. Met some lifelong friends doing some really amazing things in the world.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

a fan wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:32 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:19 am

My experience is that the difference between the kids in Undergrad at Michigan, and the kids in Grad programs......is enormous. It's like two different schools.

The undergrad feels like an average State school. Grad programs? Cream of the crop for most Departments. Met some lifelong friends doing some really amazing things in the world.
Of course there is. And that's not to prop up my MBA it's a professiona degree, removed from academic pursuits though those professors have TAs teaching undergrad and doing research. I taught undergrad biz classes for a borderling alcoholic (but high end wine so it was cool) finance professor myself and I probably cared more that the kids were getting at least 10 cents on the dollar for showing up unlike my coutnerparts who were just fulfilling their grad school work study requirements.

But I see it all the time these days. People trying to draft off a brand designed for one program that folks want the same esteem for by doing the generic undergrad BS. It's shady IMO.
See Martin, Malcolm
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Biggest Heist in IRS History....according to the Judge:

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

How am I the first at this pint to drop this us and them reference?

https://youtu.be/nDbeqj-1XOo?si=kDE1IwBPaaCIYAm5
See Martin, Malcolm
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:23 pm Biggest Heist in IRS History....according to the Judge:

Nah. He's the biggest that was CAUGHT. Throw the book at him.....and doing this to politicians is REALLY bad.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Loathe to paste FB...never done it before. But this sums up what I've been saying about working class Americans getting royally F'ed....when the US has money to burn. We're IDIOTS to keep voting for Trickle Down stupidity. I cannot BELIEVE that America's working class lets this happen...and keeps voting for the them to "continue the beatings, until morale improves"..as they say.....

https://www.facebook.com/reel/398896882531067
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

a fan wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:01 pm Loathe to paste FB...never done it before. But this sums up what I've been saying about working class Americans getting royally F'ed....when the US has money to burn. We're IDIOTS to keep voting for Trickle Down stupidity. I cannot BELIEVE that America's working class lets this happen...and keeps voting for the them to "continue the beatings, until morale improves"..as they say.....

They don’t have the sense to come in out of the ocean spray…
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

PizzaSnake wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:27 pm
a fan wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:01 pm Loathe to paste FB...never done it before. But this sums up what I've been saying about working class Americans getting royally F'ed....when the US has money to burn. We're IDIOTS to keep voting for Trickle Down stupidity. I cannot BELIEVE that America's working class lets this happen...and keeps voting for the them to "continue the beatings, until morale improves"..as they say.....

I have made the statement here several times that the peasants are actually fighting for the ruling class. It’s hard to believe but that’s what it is. The politicians pick their voters and those votes fight for them. Politicians and those that fund them are the ruling class. Many of us here are gentry. Some more gentry than others.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:50 pm

I have made the statement here several times that the peasants are actually fighting for the ruling class. It’s hard to believe but that’s what it is. The politicians pick their voters and those votes fight for them. Politicians and those that fund them are the ruling class. Many of us here are gentry. Some more gentry than others.
I'll repost a comment I made last May.

"From Adam Smith's first work (that most haven't read - just like they haven't actually read the "Wealth of Nations") "The Theory of Moral Sentiments":

Section III - Chapter 2

"Upon this disposition of mankind, to go along with all the passions of the rich and the powerful, is founded the distinction of ranks, and the order of society. Our obsequiousness to our superiors more frequently arises from our admiration for the advantages of their situation,"

This explains the idolatry of tRump by the poor.

"than from any private expectations of benefit from their good-will. Their benefits can extend but to a few; but their fortunes interest almost every body. We are eager to assist them in compleating a system of happiness that approaches so near to perfection; and we desire to serve them for their own sake, without any other recompense but the vanity or the honour of obliging them. Neither is our deference to their inclinations founded chiefly, or altogether, upon a regard to the utility of such submission, and to the order of society, which is best supported by it. Even when the order of society seems to require that we should oppose them, we can hardly bring ourselves to do it. That kings are the servants of the people, to be obeyed, resisted, deposed, or punished, as the public conveniency may require, is the doctrine of reason and philosophy; but it is not the doctrine of Nature."

So I guess the doctrine of Nature is predicated on un-reason and ignorance? I for one do not ascribe to any slavish obeisance to anyone or anything without a careful consideration of the arguments on the merits."
Last edited by PizzaSnake on Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

:lol:

Pretty rich given his lashing off a fan over what he assumed was a fan's misunderstanding of the GI Bill.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

PizzaSnake wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:26 pm

"From Adam Smith's first work (that most haven't read - just like they haven't actually read the "Wealth of Nations") "The Theory of Moral Sentiments":

Section III - Chapter 2

"Upon this disposition of mankind, to go along with all the passions of the rich and the powerful, is founded the distinction of ranks, and the order of society. Our obsequiousness to our superiors more frequently arises from our admiration for the advantages of their situation,"

"than from any private expectations of benefit from their good-will. Their benefits can extend but to a few; but their fortunes interest almost every body. We are eager to assist them in compleating a system of happiness that approaches so near to perfection; and we desire to serve them for their own sake, without any other recompense but the vanity or the honour of obliging them. Neither is our deference to their inclinations founded chiefly, or altogether, upon a regard to the utility of such submission, and to the order of society, which is best supported by it. Even when the order of society seems to require that we should oppose them, we can hardly bring ourselves to do it. That kings are the servants of the people, to be obeyed, resisted, deposed, or punished, as the public conveniency may require, is the doctrine of reason and philosophy; but it is not the doctrine of Nature."

So I guess the doctrine of Nature is predicated on un-reason and ignorance? I for one do not ascribe to any slavish obeisance to anyone or anything without a careful consideration of the arguments on the merits."
Thanks. This is why I don’t subscribe to group think
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Politicians the modern day clerics .

http://fs2.american.edu/dfagel/www/genealogy1.htm

You will have already guessed how easily the priestly way of evaluating could split from the knightly-aristocratic and then continue to develop into its opposite. Such a development receives a special stimulus every time the priest caste and the warrior caste confront each other jealously and are not willing to agree about the winner. The knightly-aristocratic judgments of value have as their basic assumption a powerful physicality, a blooming, rich, even overflowing health, together with those things which are required to maintain these qualities—war, adventure, hunting, dancing, war games, and in general everything which involves strong, free, happy action. The priestly-noble method of evaluating has, as we saw, other preconditions: these make it difficult enough for them when it comes to war!

As is well known, priests are the most evil of enemies—but why? Because they are the most powerless. From their powerlessness, their hate grows into something immense and terrifying, to the most spiritual and most poisonous manifestations. Those who have been the greatest haters in world history and the most spiritually rich haters have always been the priests—in comparison with the spirit of priestly revenge all the remaining spirits are hardly worth considering. Human history would be a really stupid affair without that spirit which entered it from the powerless.

Let us quickly consider the greatest example. Everything on earth which has been done against "the nobility," "the powerful," "the masters," "the possessors of power" is not worth mentioning in comparison with what the Jews have done against them—the Jews, that priestly people who knew how to get final satisfaction from their enemies and conquerors through a radical transformation of their values, that is, through an act of the most spiritual revenge. This was appropriate only to a priestly people with the most deeply rooted priestly desire for revenge.

In opposition to the aristocratic value equations (good = noble = powerful = beautiful = fortunate = loved by god), the Jews successfully and with a fearsome consistency dared to reverse it and to hang on to that with the teeth of the most profound hatred (the hatred of the powerless), that is, to "only those who suffer are good; only the poor, the powerless, the low are good; only the suffering, those in need, the sick, the ugly are the pious; only they are blessed by God; for them alone there is salvation. By contrast, you privileged and powerful people, you are for all eternity the evil, the cruel, the lecherous, insatiable, the godless—you will also be the unblessed, the cursed, and the damned for all eternity!" We know who inherited this Judaic transformation of values . . .

In connection with that huge and immeasurably disastrous initiative which the Jews launched with this most fundamental of all declarations of war, I recall the sentence I wrote at another time (in Beyond Good and Evil, p. 118)—namely, that with the Jews the slave condition in morality begins: that condition which has a two-thousand-year-old history behind it and which we nowadays no longer notice because, well, because it has triumphed.

But you fail to understand that? You have no eye for something that needed two millennia to emerge victorious? . . . That's nothing to wonder at: all lengthy things are hard to see, to assess. However, that's what took place: out of the trunk of that tree of vengeance and hatred, Jewish hatred, the deepest and most sublime hatred, that is, a hatred which creates ideals and transforms values—something whose like has never been seen on earth—from that grew something just as incomparable, a new love, the deepest and most sublime of all the forms of love. From what other trunk could that have grown? . . .

However, you must not make the mistake of thinking that this love arose essentially as the denial of that thirst for vengeance, as the opposite of Jewish hatred. No. The reverse is the truth! This love grew out of that hatred, as its crown, as the victorious crown extending itself wider and wider in the purest brightness and sunshine, which, so to speak, was seeking for the kingdom of light and height, the goal of that hate—aiming for victory, trophies, seduction—with the same urgency with which the roots of that hatred were sinking down ever deeper and more greedily into everything deep and evil.

Take this Jesus of Nazareth, the bodily evangelist of love, the "Saviour," who brought holiness and victory to the poor, to the sick, to the sinners. Was he not in fact seduction in its most terrible and irresistible form, the seduction and detour to exactly those Judaic values and new ideals? Didn't Israel in fact attain, with the detour of this "Saviour," with this apparent enemy to and dissolver of Israel, the final goal of its sublime thirst for vengeance? Isn't it part of the secret black art of a truly great politics of vengeance, a far-sighted, underground, slowly expropriating, and premeditated revenge, that Israel itself had to disown and nail to the cross the tool essential to its revenge before all the world, so that "all the world," that is, all Israel's enemies, could then swallow this bait?

On the other hand, could anyone, using the full subtlety of his mind, imagine a more dangerous bait? Something to match the enticing, intoxicating, narcotizing, corrupting power of that symbol of the "holy cross," that ghastly paradox of a "god on the cross," that mystery of an unimaginable and ultimate cruelty and self-crucifixion of god for the salvation of mankind? . . . At least it is certain that sub hoc signo [under this sign] Israel, with its vengeance and revaluation of the worth of all other previous values, has triumphed again and again over all other ideals, over all nobler ideals.
See Martin, Malcolm
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Section III - Chapter 2

Let me make my case for one of my slavish devotions with three very short slips.

https://youtu.be/h4s0llOpKrU?si=cuiLmQ5fbhNY5bAM

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3pbpWAt1Dxs

https://www.google.com/search?client=sa ... =776&dpr=3#

I believe this should be sufficient to determine that slavish devotion is the only rational choice.
See Martin, Malcolm
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:22 pm

Section III - Chapter 2

Let me make my case for one of my slavish devotions with three very short slips.

I believe this should be sufficient to determine that slavish devotion is the only rational choice.
Doctrine of Nature, eh?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:23 pm

Section III - Chapter 2

Thanks. This is why I don’t subscribe to group think
Some group think can be accretive. See this instruction manual:

https://youtu.be/e1dPKfxRhk0?si=IaV6bvR_Nl2o4kwJ
See Martin, Malcolm
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

PizzaSnake wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:29 pm

Section III - Chapter 2

Doctrine of Nature, eh?
I am an animals. No denial here.
See Martin, Malcolm
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:30 pm

Section III - Chapter 2

Doctrine of Nature, eh?
?

https://www.imdb.com/video/vi2854274841 ... _vi_imdb_2
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

PizzaSnake wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:37 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:30 pm

Section III - Chapter 2

Doctrine of Nature, eh?
?

https://www.imdb.com/video/vi2854274841 ... _vi_imdb_2
Oh I just mean absolutely cognitive dissonance when women are around. All adrenaline.

So animal like this:

https://youtu.be/W-tsxkCS2GE?si=pDMLHE1diidf3BWR

Or this

https://youtu.be/jWvHD0Cfrno?si=J0oNyxtbNiRh3kpu
See Martin, Malcolm

Return to “POLITICS”