Big Ten 2024

D1 Mens Lacrosse
masondixonlax

Re: Big Ten 2024

Post by masondixonlax »

10stone5 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:14 pm Penn State is getting boat-raced.
wow what a comeback

Post by 1766 »

If Maryland can knockoff ND tomorrow it will be a big for the conference game RPI's. Every Acc team lost the last game they've played. I'm not sure that's ever happened before.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Good day for the Gorillas. Except Ohio State. They're more like chimpanzees.
MoralTerpitude

Post by MoralTerpitude »

1766 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 3:40 pm If Maryland can knockoff ND tomorrow it will be a big for the conference game RPI's. Every Acc team lost the last game they've played. I'm not sure that's ever happened before.
The ACC is having a rough early go, reminds me of 2022 abit. They are currently 2-7 against the B1G, Ivy, Army, and Georgetown (UVa has the only wins, against UM and OSU). All of their teams have significant flaws.
RURICK

Post by RURICK »

All true and accurate statements. So, tell me why ND and Duke are still #3 and #5 in the USILS lax poll and Syracuse, with 2 losses, albeit 1 goal losses to maryland and Army, is still in the top ten, at #9. Barring a blowout loss in ACC conference play, it suggests these teams won't fall out of the top ten for the rest of the season, lol. In my opinion, everything is rigged again to get 4 teams in the tourney from the ACC, leaving only 4 at large births for the rest of the teams and subsequently, limiting the Big Ten to 2 or possibly 3 teams in the NCAA tourney, most likely Hopkins and Maryland. Just remember, the ACC still has only 5 teams and thereby does not have a conference tourney and have never attempted to add another team. Some things never change in college lacrosse.
coda

Post by coda »

RURICK wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:04 am All true and accurate statements. So, tell me why ND and Duke are still #3 and #5 in the USILS lax poll and Syracuse, with 2 losses, albeit 1 goal losses to maryland and Army, is still in the top ten, at #9. Barring a blowout loss in ACC conference play, it suggests these teams won't fall out of the top ten for the rest of the season, lol. In my opinion, everything is rigged again to get 4 teams in the tourney from the ACC, leaving only 4 at large births for the rest of the teams and subsequently, limiting the Big Ten to 2 or possibly 3 teams in the NCAA tourney, most likely Hopkins and Maryland. Just remember, the ACC still has only 5 teams and thereby does not have a conference tourney and have never attempted to add another team. Some things never change in college lacrosse.
Big 10 has a huge weekend coming up. Come out on top and it will really bode well for the tournament.
PSU v Cornell
Rutgers vs Princeton
Michigan vs Harvard.

OSu vs ND (less than 0 expectations)
Hop vs Cuse
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

RURICK wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:04 am All true and accurate statements. So, tell me why ND and Duke are still #3 and #5 in the USILS lax poll and Syracuse, with 2 losses, albeit 1 goal losses to maryland and Army, is still in the top ten, at #9. Barring a blowout loss in ACC conference play, it suggests these teams won't fall out of the top ten for the rest of the season, lol. In my opinion, everything is rigged again to get 4 teams in the tourney from the ACC, leaving only 4 at large births for the rest of the teams and subsequently, limiting the Big Ten to 2 or possibly 3 teams in the NCAA tourney, most likely Hopkins and Maryland. Just remember, the ACC still has only 5 teams and thereby does not have a conference tourney and have never attempted to add another team. Some things never change in college lacrosse.
The last is not quite true. Both Hopkins and Loyola were considered for membership. They were supported by the lax schools. The non-lax schools voted against. One of my favorite quotes that emerged was the WF AD’s “Hopkins will win an ACC title over my dead body”

When the number of games added to schedule began the original purpose was to spread the sport not pad the stats. Schools pretty much. Popularity was increasing and schools like Richmond could not schedule schools like UVA or Hopkins etc. this provided a mechanism for schools to play top tier teams with the benefits it would provide.

I expect chances are favorable for a change in seeding criteria and scheduling goals
rolldodge

Post by rolldodge »

Don't disagree about bias in the polls, but (as seems to need to be repeated every year) polls have absolutely nothing to do with who gets selected to the tournament.
RURICK

Post by RURICK »

coda wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:16 am
Big 10 has a huge weekend coming up. Come out on top and it will really bode well for the tournament.
PSU v Cornell
Rutgers vs Princeton
Michigan vs Harvard.

Hop vs Cuse
I agree. However, if OSU beats ND, I will bet ND is still in the top ten, lol.
coda

Post by coda »

RURICK wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:41 am
PSU v Cornell
Rutgers vs Princeton
Michigan vs Harvard.

Hop vs Cuse
Not too worried about that. Like to see 2-1 vs the Ivy this weekend. That would give the Big 10 a winning record vs the Ivy
Hoping for a split vs the ACC
mdk01

Post by mdk01 »

PSU v Cornell
Rutgers vs Princeton
Michigan vs Harvard.

Hop vs Cuse
Let me guess, it's a home game for Syracuse.
RURICK

Post by RURICK »

rolldodge wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:28 am
Don't disagree about bias in the polls, but (as seems to need to be repeated every year) polls have absolutely nothing to do with who gets selected to the tournament.
Polls are not supposed to determine selection, I agree, but they certainly do in my opinion. Polls keep interest in the sport.It's all subjective. If you eliminate polls all together, most people on the planet would not even know the sport existed.
rolldodge

Post by rolldodge »

RURICK wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:56 am
rolldodge wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:28 am
Polls are not supposed to determine selection, I agree, but they certainly do in my opinion. Polls keep interest in the sport.It's all subjective. If you eliminate polls all together, most people on the planet would not even know the sport existed.
Again, don't disagree with your assessment. But polls are not used by the selection committee. Unless you are suggesting they are subconsciously influenced by them? If that's the case, you'd need to provide some evidence of that. Notre Dame in 2022 is an example that says otherwise.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

OCanada wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:18 am
The last is not quite true. Both Hopkins and Loyola were considered for membership. They were supported by the lax schools. The non-lax schools voted against. One of my favorite quotes that emerged was the WF AD’s “Hopkins will win an ACC title over my dead body”

When the number of games added to schedule began the original purpose was to spread the sport not pad the stats. Schools pretty much. Popularity was increasing and schools like Richmond could not schedule schools like UVA or Hopkins etc. this provided a mechanism for schools to play top tier teams with the benefits it would provide.

I expect chances are favorable for a change in seeding criteria and scheduling goals
a nit, but all richmond had to do was be better than vmi, as uva plays at least one virginia school every year. they didn't even have to do that, as they played in the spiders' inaugural year, i believe.
Ivyman

Post by Ivyman »

[
RURICK wrote: If you eliminate polls all together, most people on the planet would not even know the sport existed.
Sooooo...all those Chinese, Russians, and Asian Indians are checking the Fanlax poll threads now? :lol:
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Ivyman wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 2:03 pm [
RURICK wrote: If you eliminate polls all together, most people on the planet would not even know the sport existed.
Sooooo...all those Chinese, Russians, and Asian Indians are checking the Fanlax poll threads now? :lol:
germans? forget it, he's rolling. evidently, these polls are why anybody cares to watch or play at all. can't wait for next monday!
44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

mdk01 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:44 am
PSU v Cornell
Rutgers vs Princeton
Michigan vs Harvard.

Hop vs Cuse
Let me guess, it's a home game for Syracuse.
I am not sure who will be playing in white, but they are playing in Charlotte, NC.
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
blue angels

Re: Big Ten 2024………

Post by blue angels »

MoralTerpitude wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:39 pm
1766 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 3:40 pm If Maryland can knockoff ND tomorrow it will be a big for the conference game RPI's. Every Acc team lost the last game they've played. I'm not sure that's ever happened before.
The ACC is having a rough early go, reminds me of 2022 abit. They are currently 2-7 against the B1G, Ivy, Army, and Georgetown (UVa has the only wins, against UM and OSU). All of their teams have significant flaws.
Hmmm…….Might not have posted this, the day before you had to play an ACC team. Yes, all the ACC teams have flaws. Show me any D1 team that doesn’t. The Terps and HOP are still legit, but as usual, lot’s of hanging from the nuts of the conference going on in this thread.
Essexfenwick

Post by Essexfenwick »

Yes this is one of those years without a UMD or Syracuse super team and wide open. It will be a late bloomer that emerges.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Ivyman wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 2:03 pm [
He meant Poles. Like Lech Walesa.

Or a veiled shot at the 2000a Duke teams. As in poles you might find inside a dark seedy buildup with many part time or aspiring community college attendees with baggage beyond what one might describe as intergenerational issues and closer to growing up inside the “saw” house (or often actually trailer parks in Florida). The type of pole that you definitely want to wipe numerous times with purely and bleach.
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”