That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
ctbagataway

Re: Harvard Lacrosse 2024

Post by ctbagataway »

Some (one sided) highlights from the UMass scrimmage posted here. All we have until Providence next weekend. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpogK1GuaMA
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

ctbagataway wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:23 am Some (one sided) highlights from the UMass scrimmage posted here. All we have until Providence next weekend. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpogK1GuaMA
Excellent quality video. Thanks!

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
Can Opener

Post by Can Opener »

DocBarrister wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:34 am
ctbagataway wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:23 am Some (one sided) highlights from the UMass scrimmage posted here. All we have until Providence next weekend. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpogK1GuaMA
Excellent quality video. Thanks!

DocBarrister
Flano. One of the best in the business.
https://www.instagram.com/flano0?igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Owen Gaffney injured?
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
ctbagataway

Post by ctbagataway »

He didn’t play Saturday. Offense looked good, ball movement was excellent. Bryant Tuesday should be a real test after what they did to BU.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

ctbagataway wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:13 pm He didn’t play Saturday...
You know why?
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
ctbagataway

Post by ctbagataway »

I don’t
The Orfling

Post by The Orfling »

Nice win for Harvard! Fun back-and-forth game to watch, as well. Sam King I knew would be great but Graham Blake was also excellent.
DoubleD

Post by DoubleD »

The Orfling wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:15 pm Nice win for Harvard! Fun back-and-forth game to watch, as well. Sam King I knew would be great but Graham Blake was also excellent.
Definitely an exciting game to watch.
ctbagataway

Post by ctbagataway »

Great action on both sides, that's a good Bryant team. Their offense is special, especially #22, and their faceoff and goalie play was excellent. Looking at their schedule, they may not lose another game in the regular season (at least they should be favorites in all of them). That was a good win for the Crimson, especially coming back down by 2. Terrific defensive effort in Q4. Obviously the offense made lots of plays, but the game winning play was the takeaway by #46 and the gb by #20 that led to the holding penalty against Bryant. Gritty.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

ctbagataway wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:31 am Great action on both sides, that's a good Bryant team. Their offense is special, especially #22, and their faceoff and goalie play was excellent. Looking at their schedule, they may not lose another game in the regular season (at least they should be favorites in all of them). That was a good win for the Crimson, especially coming back down by 2. Terrific defensive effort in Q4. Obviously the offense made lots of plays, but the game winning play was the takeaway by #46 and the gb by #20 that led to the holding penalty against Bryant. Gritty.
Yes, super impressed with Hackett, #22...watched game with my son; my son was yelling for the slides to come right away, given they were poling #34 Goltz who is their #1 midfielder, AA quality; he's a beast but they held him to 1 goal on 8 shots with that focus; but that let Hackett deal on shorties and his speed and stick control had them straining to catch up, again and again..they did better in sliding second half and in the final minutes, but ouch! Hackett had 4 unassisted in the first half, one unassisted in the fourth for their 12th goal, then one assist for their 13th...overall, the defense didn't look good but they did come up with a couple of key stops with max pressure at end.

Bryant's goalie was very strong, big step up from the tending last Saturday. They only gave Barnard 8 saves, but I thought he had a couple more and several were outstanding.

The Bryant FOGO won 21 of 30 officially but Harvard did a great job of ragging him or whoever first picked up the ball and created numerous TO's. That was the big difference that nullified the possession advantage.

Blake indeed had another excellent day, really good finishes. I know I'm a 'homer' for King, but Sam's the man out there. Stirs the pot, controls the flow, forces the attention and dishes so well...and when needed to get the team back on track, he takes it to the rack. Those ISO's top left at the end were beautiful.

I agree that Bryant's going to go a long way with those midfielders, FOGO and tender.
joewillie78

Post by joewillie78 »

Great win by Harvard cementing my position of having them #19 in my latest poll.
Congrats to the Crimson.

Gobigred
Joewillie78
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

Harvard's schedule says that the Saturday game against Bucknell is being played at Staples HS (which is in Westport, CT). Bucknell's schedule says that this game against Harvard is being played at Wilton HS in Wilton, CT. Both of these places are nicely close to me, but would someone please be able to confirm for me where in CT the game is being played? Thank you in advance.
Last edited by FannOLax on Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GeorgiaLax

Post by GeorgiaLax »

The game was moved to Staples HS due to issues clearing the snow from the field in Wilton
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

GeorgiaLax wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:39 pm The game was moved to Staples HS due to issues clearing the snow from the field in Wilton
Thank you!
RussianTroll

Post by RussianTroll »

I knew how to make the snow disappear you warm up the field !
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

Weather foecast calls for a fair amount of rain between now and Saturday, which combined with the temps could melt most of the snow. Then, freezing temps overnight Fri into Saturday could turn any standing water into ice. The joys of February lacrosse in New England.
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

If it looks nice and sunny on the livestream, maybe they're not showing the flags whipping in the wind. Not too windy for the tailgaters though. If there are lots of Maryland plates in a CT parking lot, it must be a lacrosse game!

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”