Salisbury 2024

D3 Mens Lacrosse
ShoreThingMD

Re: Salisbury 2024

Post by ShoreThingMD »

Not sure if this was mentioned, but it looks like the spring roster has been released

https://suseagulls.com/sports/mens-lacrosse/roster/2024

Attack:
You can't replace Cross, but at least you don't have to attempt to replace Cross and Jude... No shocker here, but the offense will run through Jude Brown. I imagine we see a lot of Carozza, with Strub coming in as the 3rd attack man. Strub has an impressive freshman season where he saw success at midfield, which was and still is an extremely deep position for the Gulls. Hopkins transfer and Eastern Shore product, Chris Wong is on the roster.

Midfield:
This is where Salisbury flexes its depth... Line 1 - Dowd, Nestor, Bromwell. Line 2 - Sanchez, White, and player to be named later. If there are no changes, you're returning 5 of your top 6 midfielders, with the 6th guy now playing attack.

Faceoff:
Malamphy, McPartland, and Moreland all return with newcomer, Merrimack transfer McCarthy added. Coach Block will have plenty of weapons at the draw.

DM & LSM:
- Dmids - Glushakow and a committee of guys who saw playing time (Young, Huffman, Makawa, Mancha) return with a few new guys.
- LSM - It appears that DeFazio has been moved to close meaning Stafford is the next man up. Had a heck of a freshman season. Maybe one of the Furman transfers gets the next runs? Cecere or St. John. Sure miss having the versatile Jackson Woodward.

Defense:
Defazio moves to close and will be joined by Towson grad transfer McNemar with the last spot still in question. Big shoes to fill with Timmons, Ballard, and Gilfillan riding off into the sunset with their rings.

Goalies:
Ransom gets the nod with Z.J. and Back there to help if needed. Sentkowski (Mt. Lakes) is the only underclassman keeper on the roster.

Takeaways:
It's always reload and never rebuild down on the shore. This year is no different. The biggest changes come on the defensive side, especially at close defense. Timmons, Ballard, Gilfillan, and Woodward. However, you return the defensive player of the year in Defazio, defensive middie Glushakow and his crew, and add Towson's defensive captain Reagan McNemar. Not to mention, Nicholas Ransom returns in cage. Things could certainly be worse on the backend. Offensively, you lose Cross. Everyone knows it and is asking how are the Gulls going to make up for his 88 goals and 34 assists. Well, I don't think you can and no one is going to ask someone on this roster to do that. Jude Brown is going to lead that offense and I think we are going to see a lot of guys who are already good, step up and collectively carry the load. Personally, I'm excited to see what sophomore Riley Strub does moving down to attack from midfield. Is the Gulls' first line the best midfield in the nation? Sure looks dangerous, but we'll see.

Should be another great year down in Salisbury. Not sure of any scrimmages before their February 4th game vs. Berry.
ChopMan23

Post by ChopMan23 »

ShoreThingMD wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:46 pm Not sure if this was mentioned, but it looks like the spring roster has been released

Attack:
You can't replace Cross, but at least you don't have to attempt to replace Cross and Jude... No shocker here, but the offense will run through Jude Brown. I imagine we see a lot of Carozza, with Strub coming in as the 3rd attack man. Strub has an impressive freshman season where he saw success at midfield, which was and still is an extremely deep position for the Gulls. Hopkins transfer and Eastern Shore product, Chris Wong is on the roster.

Midfield:
This is where Salisbury flexes its depth... Line 1 - Dowd, Nestor, Bromwell. Line 2 - Sanchez, White, and player to be named later. If there are no changes, you're returning 5 of your top 6 midfielders, with the 6th guy now playing attack.

Faceoff:
Malamphy, McPartland, and Moreland all return with newcomer, Merrimack transfer McCarthy added. Coach Block will have plenty of weapons at the draw.

DM & LSM:
- Dmids - Glushakow and a committee of guys who saw playing time (Young, Huffman, Makawa, Mancha) return with a few new guys.
- LSM - It appears that DeFazio has been moved to close meaning Stafford is the next man up. Had a heck of a freshman season. Maybe one of the Furman transfers gets the next runs? Cecere or St. John. Sure miss having the versatile Jackson Woodward.

Defense:
Defazio moves to close and will be joined by Towson grad transfer McNemar with the last spot still in question. Big shoes to fill with Timmons, Ballard, and Gilfillan riding off into the sunset with their rings.

Goalies:
Ransom gets the nod with Z.J. and Back there to help if needed. Sentkowski (Mt. Lakes) is the only underclassman keeper on the roster.

Takeaways:
It's always reload and never rebuild down on the shore. This year is no different. The biggest changes come on the defensive side, especially at close defense. Timmons, Ballard, Gilfillan, and Woodward. However, you return the defensive player of the year in Defazio, defensive middie Glushakow and his crew, and add Towson's defensive captain Reagan McNemar. Not to mention, Nicholas Ransom returns in cage. Things could certainly be worse on the backend. Offensively, you lose Cross. Everyone knows it and is asking how are the Gulls going to make up for his 88 goals and 34 assists. Well, I don't think you can and no one is going to ask someone on this roster to do that. Jude Brown is going to lead that offense and I think we are going to see a lot of guys who are already good, step up and collectively carry the load. Personally, I'm excited to see what sophomore Riley Strub does moving down to attack from midfield. Is the Gulls' first line the best midfield in the nation? Sure looks dangerous, but we'll see.

Should be another great year down in Salisbury. Not sure of any scrimmages before their February 4th game vs. Berry.
Did the roster get posted by accident? Looks like it is not up anymore.
RE6ULATOR

Post by RE6ULATOR »

ChopMan23 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:11 pm Did the roster get posted by accident? Looks like it is not up anymore.
Nah, just figured I’d give you guys a teaser. ;)
MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

I was thinking about Berkman yesterday while falling into a Saban insta reel hole. To be clear, I don't often think about Berkman, ha!. But the way he so consistently evolved with the game. He has a healthy ego, but doesn't let it get in the way of change. The way he communicates clearly and without hyperbole. His in game mental focus. The consistent way he takes young men through a development process to prepare them when it's their time. The astute way he manages personalities, embraces second chances...the way he instills and cultivates internal competition. Elite coaches seems to share a lot of those traits. Even the way he finds time to serve his own passions outside of the game. He's not going to coach forever either. Enjoy it!
ShoreThingMD

Post by ShoreThingMD »

ChopMan23 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:11 pm
ShoreThingMD wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:46 pm Not sure if this was mentioned, but it looks like the spring roster has been released

Attack:

Midfield:

Faceoff:

DM & LSM:

Defense:

Goalies:

Takeaways:

Did the roster get posted by accident? Looks like it is not up anymore.
well... it was there. :lol: I typically check mid-January knowing the guys are back and rosters are starting to become final. I saw it up and figured I'd share haha. Guys were wearing porthole gold mesh jerseys, which looked pretty cool. If all of this was a dream and turns out to be true, I'll be taking questions on all of your sports betting needs, but I require payment in advance.
RE6ULATOR

Post by RE6ULATOR »

So has Ransom locked down the goal or what?
RE6ULATOR

Post by RE6ULATOR »

Hands down the best team in DIII lacrosse. Game week. Why am I the only one posting for us?
ChopMan23

Post by ChopMan23 »

RE6ULATOR wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:47 pm Hands down the best team in DIII lacrosse. Game week. Why am I the only one posting for us?
Did they not scrimmage anyone pre-season?
RE6ULATOR

Post by RE6ULATOR »

ChopMan23 wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:46 am
RE6ULATOR wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:47 pm Hands down the best team in DIII lacrosse. Game week. Why am I the only one posting for us?
Did they not scrimmage anyone pre-season?
They scrimmaged Harford CC 1/27. Didn’t have boots on the ground but heard it was a dominant showing. Trying to confirm who go the start in goal vs who had the better showing. Got 2 different stories.
Warmother

Post by Warmother »

MarionBarry

Post by MarionBarry »

I'm not sure if I like the porthole mesh golds!

They like to get it going early on the shore. Use the Berry game as an additional "scrimmage" but it adds a little more juice since it counts. Berkman would rather scrimmage his backups rather than lower tier teams.
RE6ULATOR

Post by RE6ULATOR »

MarionBarry wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:28 am I'm not sure if I like the porthole mesh golds!

They like to get it going early on the shore. Use the Berry game as an additional "scrimmage" but it adds a little more juice since it counts. Berkman would rather scrimmage his backups rather than lower tier teams.
Porthole mesh. 100%
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

They always seem to play a weak team to start teach year.
RE6ULATOR

Post by RE6ULATOR »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:52 am They always seem to play a weak team to start teach year.
Freudian slip on “teach” for “each.” As it’s kind of like a scrimmage for the heavily favored Gulls. Hence sometimes the score being closer than expected. Just cutting teeth. That’s all. Like a slow cooked meal, peaking at just the right time.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

I dont remember too many close ones in those openers, but maybe I'm missing one or two.
Greensboro, VaWes and Berry the sacrificial lambs that I remember...
RE6ULATOR

Post by RE6ULATOR »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:28 am I dont remember too many close ones in those openers, but maybe I'm missing one or two.
Greensboro, VaWes and Berry the sacrificial lambs that I remember...
I was referring to Berry 2019 9-7 win for the Gulls.
All good. Regardless of scores, the boys will be right come Memorial Day, as always.
Jknows

Post by Jknows »

In 2021 they lost to Lynchburg as the opener (March start date). Believe COVID was a big factor in that being the opener as they usually started with Berry/Scranton/Greensboro type team to open the year, then Lynchburg in week 2.

In 2019 Berry played them tough with a 9-7 final (tied 5-5 going into the 4th quarter).
GoTerriers8

Post by GoTerriers8 »

Freshman Goalie Sakowski not agreeing with decision to put Ransom in goal. Is buddy delusional? Wonder how Berkman will handle this immaturity
RE6ULATOR

Post by RE6ULATOR »

GoTerriers8 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:07 am Freshman Goalie Sakowski not agreeing with decision to put Ransom in goal. Is buddy delusional? Wonder how Berkman will handle this immaturity
Buzz off clown.
MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

I'm a Garnet Valley HS guy, circa 2000, I believe Joey Halloran is only our second Jaguar to wear maroon and gold. Barnes is the other. Just curious, how's Joey doing down on the shore? Chance to contribute this year? He was a hell of football player too on teams that were a game away from 6A state championship, losing to the boundary-less NFL son mercenaries from St Joes Prep.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”