Liberty League 2024

D3 Mens Lacrosse
Laxfan1414

Re: Liberty League 2024

Post by Laxfan1414 »

relaxedfan wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 3:45 pm Coaches vote for the awards. Part of the reason COY goes to Mahoney over SDH could be that 1 guy is a good dude and well liked and the other guy is a d-bag. Maybe?
Are you speaking from experience? Or just throwing out nonsense?
BallBag

Post by BallBag »

Ohhh, here we go, “Mrrelaxedfan..”
You don’t seem too relaxed to me. Maybe the d-bag is YOU? Who comes on here and just blurts that out. Get a life, bro
relaxedfan

Post by relaxedfan »

I'm not in the room voting I can't say that's what went down. I'm just presenting a possible explanation. I do know Mahoney is well liked and I have not heard the same about theRPI coach. The d-bag comment was probably over the line so I apologize for that.
STICKIT

Post by STICKIT »

"Probably over the line" ?
Not a very relaxed lacrosse fan.
billyosier

Post by billyosier »

RPI and SLU not looking very hot right now. Going to need big second half comebacks to move on to the Elite 8.
ah23

Post by ah23 »

Feel like no team in the country is as comfortable in these situations as RPI is, they're not out of it until the final whistle.
The12lov3

Post by The12lov3 »

ah23 wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 4:20 pm Feel like no team in the country is as comfortable in these situations as RPI is, they're not out of it until the final whistle.
RPI is getting their arse handed to them. Very little chance at this point in the 4th.
Leonard Washington

Post by Leonard Washington »

nelaxman wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 10:39 pm Congratulations on the win, SJF. Unfortunately, you'll be driving back to Rochester tomorrow night. Wesleyan dominated the first quarter and the second half, but a poor second quarter forced them to play catch-up. SJF Enjoy the short lived victory. Tough turnaround to get ready for outstanding St.Lawrence team. Not going to happen again tomorrow there isn’t left much left in SJF legs.

Prediction: St. Lawrence 14 - SJF 7

Congratulations to Fisher and their wire to wire win over SLU. Definitely didn't see this result coming.

And then there was one (from the Liberty).

Looking forward to seeing either Stevens or CNU matching up against RIT
First of all, ya better check your tone. I dont think you know who you're talking to. I'm Leonard Washington...I don't get butt naked for nobody!!
FosterLax3

Post by FosterLax3 »

Tough go for the LL this weekend. The Union loss was the most surprising to me of the three that lost.

Was able to make it over to Wesleyan on Sunday for the SLU/Fisher game expecting to see a strong Saints victory but Fisher punched them right in the mouth off the opening face-off and never looked back. I was very disappointed in the SLU offensive game plan if they even had one it was that bad. After Fisher went up 3-0 early in the first, SLU seemed to throw their gameplan out the window and started changing mid lines and attack every single possession. There was zero chance for their offense to get in a rhythm and played super frantically the rest of the game. If I were a Saints alum I would be on the horn with the AD about looking for a new OC as their offense yesterday was abismall. I don't want to downplay how well Fisher played but there will not be too many chances for SLU where Fisher will be standing in their way to making the quarterfinals rather than a NESCAC or other LL team. If you cannot get a solid gameplan ready vs Fisher and then completely abandon said gameplan so early on, you will not cut it vs the big boys and that weakness in SLU's coaching staff was exploited yesterday.
StevieUAlum

Post by StevieUAlum »

FosterLax3 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 12:02 pm Tough go for the LL this weekend. The Union loss was the most surprising to me of the three that lost.

Was able to make it over to Wesleyan on Sunday for the SLU/Fisher game expecting to see a strong Saints victory but Fisher punched them right in the mouth off the opening face-off and never looked back. I was very disappointed in the SLU offensive game plan if they even had one it was that bad. After Fisher went up 3-0 early in the first, SLU seemed to throw their gameplan out the window and started changing mid lines and attack every single possession. There was zero chance for their offense to get in a rhythm and played super frantically the rest of the game. If I were a Saints alum I would be on the horn with the AD about looking for a new OC as their offense yesterday was abismall. I don't want to downplay how well Fisher played but there will not be too many chances for SLU where Fisher will be standing in their way to making the quarterfinals rather than a NESCAC or other LL team. If you cannot get a solid gameplan ready vs Fisher and then completely abandon said gameplan so early on, you will not cut it vs the big boys and that weakness in SLU's coaching staff was exploited yesterday.

Stevenson and Union both lost to Tufts by similar margins. Transitive property works on that as it was a one goal between Stevie & Union.

Stick check changed the game, savvy moved by a veteran coach. I will say the no call on the blatant trip in the 4th quarter on the ride that made it 11-9 was a missed call completely. Unions goalie is unbelievably good, kudos to him. Scorese stood in his head for the Stangs after an up and down year between the pipes.

Was a great game to watch and best of luck to Union in 2025! Hoping to see some of you LL faithful down at Mustang Beach for next years classic!
laxrat1982

Post by laxrat1982 »

StevieUAlum wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 12:46 pm
Stick check changed the game, savvy moved by a veteran coach.
Curious how others feel about the stick check called by SU coach. Savvy or would you call it something else?
Don't all FO sticks become illegal to some degree throughout the game?
StevieUAlum

Post by StevieUAlum »

laxrat1982 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 1:09 pm
Curious how others feel about the stick check called by SU coach. Savvy or would you call it something else?
Something else? Sounds like you're one of the many pundits who don't like Cantabene. In the end Stevenson didn't score on that man up and won the game regardless.

The goal taken off the board was the immediate impact. End of the day its a rule, if you don't want it called, don't break the rules.
The12lov3

Post by The12lov3 »

StevieUAlum wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 2:47 pm
laxrat1982 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 1:09 pm
Something else? Sounds like you're one of the many pundits who don't like Cantabene. In the end Stevenson didn't score on that man up and won the game regardless.

The goal taken off the board was the immediate impact. End of the day its a rule, if you don't want it called, don't break the rules.
Union was a bubble team this year to begin with. Not surprising that they did not make past the first round. This was the worst team they have had in a number of years.
ah23

Post by ah23 »

Calling for a stick check on a FOGO is always polarizing no matter who does it. "Classless" if it's called for by a team (or coach) you're rooting against, "totally fair, don't break the rules" if your team calls for it. I have a hard time getting too mad about it either way - it is the rule. The penalty might be too harsh, but that's a separate conversation.
choochooCharlie

Post by choochooCharlie »

ah23 wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 4:32 pm Calling for a stick check on a FOGO is always polarizing no matter who does it. "Classless" if it's called for by a team (or coach) you're rooting against, "totally fair, don't break the rules" if your team calls for it. I have a hard time getting too mad about it either way - it is the rule. The penalty might be too harsh, but that's a separate conversation.
It should automatically make both FOGO’s sticks get checked on the call. That would cut it back quite a bit.
Laxguy92

Post by Laxguy92 »

FosterLax3 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 12:02 pm Tough go for the LL this weekend. The Union loss was the most surprising to me of the three that lost.

Still upset and shocked about my Saints but agree about the staff…….
FosterLax3

Post by FosterLax3 »

choochooCharlie wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 4:41 pm
ah23 wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 4:32 pm Calling for a stick check on a FOGO is always polarizing no matter who does it. "Classless" if it's called for by a team (or coach) you're rooting against, "totally fair, don't break the rules" if your team calls for it. I have a hard time getting too mad about it either way - it is the rule. The penalty might be too harsh, but that's a separate conversation.
It should automatically make both FOGO’s sticks get checked on the call. That would cut it back quite a bit.
Are there any penalties for calling for a stick check and that stick ends up being legal kind of like how you get a penalty in the NHL for a failed coach's challenge? If not, then why after Stevenson called for a stick check did Union not call a stick check on every faceoff? Calling a stick check on a FOGO to me is an unwritten rule that if you do break then you should be ready to have the favor returned.
Leonard Washington

Post by Leonard Washington »

FosterLax3 wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 1:04 pm Are there any penalties for calling for a stick check and that stick ends up being legal kind of like how you get a penalty in the NHL for a failed coach's challenge? If not, then why after Stevenson called for a stick check did Union not call a stick check on every faceoff? Calling a stick check on a FOGO to me is an unwritten rule that if you do break then you should be ready to have the favor returned.
No penalties for calling a stick check and it being legal.

Each team only gets one stick check per game.
First of all, ya better check your tone. I dont think you know who you're talking to. I'm Leonard Washington...I don't get butt naked for nobody!!

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”