Landmark Conference 2024

D3 Mens Lacrosse
BallHunt

Re: Landmark Conference 2024

Post by BallHunt »

nevadajoe wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:23 am Scranton raced out to a 9-4 halftime lead (at one point leading by a score of 9-1) and held on to withstand a comeback by Muhlenberg taking a 13-10 win. The Royals were led on offense with 5 goals apiece scored by attackmen Matthew McAree and Pat McCormack (his career high). McAree also added an assist.

In the second half, Scranton had a difficult time clearing against Muhlenberg's 10-man ride, with only 3 successful clears in 8 attempts and 13 turnovers. Muhlenberg got to within three with 7:43 left in the game and the Royals gutted it out on both sides of the ball to earn the win.

A big factor in the win was the excellent play of goalie Declan Allen, who saved 17 shots agianst one of the top offenses around. Another key effort was made by defenseman Zachary Palinkas, with 3 caused turnovers, including an very important one with just under three minutes to play.

In the last minutes of the game, as Muhlenberg was making their comeback, McAree showed why he is a pre-season All-American, causing 2 turnovers forcing Muhlenberg to turn the ball over.

Moravian's offense never got going and the Greyhounds lost at home to Lebanon Valley 13-6. Lebanon Valley raced out to a 4-1 first quarter lead and Moravian, plagued by too many errant shots and unforced turnovers, never were able to catch up.

On the positive side for Moravian, Gannon Mesko went 18 of 22 at faceoff and defenseman Matt Baer grabbed 8 groundballs.
A nice win for Scranton.
poster formerly know as "wherestheslide"
nevadajoe

Post by nevadajoe »

This weekend's games for Landmark teams.

Moravian (0-1) is at Merchant Marine Academy at noon.

All other games start at 1:00 PM.

Drew (1-1) travels to Marywood, who will be playing their first game of the season.
Susquehanna (0-1) is on the road as King's opens their season at home.
Scranton (1-1), fresh from its great win against Muhlenberg, faces another tough Centennial Conference opponent, #5 Dickinson (1-0).

Goucher (1-0) is at home against McDaniel (1-0).
Juniata opens their season at home against Alvernia as each team will be playing their first game of the season.
Lycoming opens their season at home against Gwynedd Mercy (0-1).

On Sunday, Wilkes opens their season on the road against Manhattanville (1-0) at 1:00 PM.
nevadajoe

Post by nevadajoe »

Susquehanna (1-1) scored the first 11 goals of the game and cruised to a 15-5 victory over King's (0-1). Leading the offense for the River Hawks was Brennan Lorrence with four goals and Matthew Faggioli with three goals. Jack Gaillard added two goals and two assists.

In a game that was close the entire way, Lycoming (1-0) defeated Gwynedd Mercy 9-8 in the second overtime on Sean Farrell's third goal of the game. Joey Hoover also scored three goals and added an assist and Rory Hines chipped in a couple of goals. On defense, Jacob Switzer caused two turnovers and grabbed six groundballs. Goalie Ben Franco was outstanding for the Warriors, stopping a career-high 23 shots for the Warriors.

Drew (2-1) led 5-0 at halftime and went on to an easy 9-3 win over Marywood (0-1). Riley Zeer had two goals and an assist, Tommy Larmore added two goals and Joey Larmore chipped in a goal and two assists, along with picking up seven groundballs. Defenseman Cole Kirker caused two turnovers and gathered up three groundballs. Sawyer Kennedy and Joe Barnish combined in goal for the win.

Scranton (1-2) was down 6-0 to Dickinson (2-0) in the first quarter but ke fiptghting back only to fall short by a 12-9 margin to the Red Devils. Kyle Holmes led the Royals offense with four goals. Matthew McAree (1G, 3A), Joe Boyle (1G, 2 A) and Pat McCormack (2G) helped keep the pressure on Dickinson's defense for the rest of the game. Defenseman Colin Pierce scooped up six groundballs and goalie Declan Allen stopped 13 shots.

After Moravian (0-2) raced out to a 4-0 lead early in the second quarter, Merchant Marine (1-0) scored 10 unanswered goals and eventuall took a 12-8 win over the Greyhounds. Aaron Judge, with three goals and an assist and Trevor Dzama and Nick Coffaro with two goals each led the Moravian offense. On defense, Matt Baer and Mike Sickler had four groundballs apiece. Goalie Thomas Lee had 12 saves.

McDaniel (1-1) led 9-1 at halftime and easily defeated Gouner (1-1) 14-7. Holden Vance, with two goals and three assists, and Theo Cook IV, with two goals and an assist, led the Gophers offense.

Juniata's offense sputtered as the Eagles lost their season opener to Alverina 12-5. Kolton Black scored two goals and added an assist. On defense, Nolan Verespy caused five turnovers and had two groundballs and LSM Matt McCleary caused a turnover and had five groundballs.
nevadajoe

Post by nevadajoe »

Wilkes fell behind early to host Manhattanville (2-0) and dropped their season opener by a score of 14-8.

Wilkes offense was led by senior Colby Opromolla and feshman Austin Sosnovik, who each contributed 3 goals and an assist. On defense, senior Matthew Warns caused 2 turnovers and scooped up 8 groundballs.

Senior goalie Joseph Marino had 18 saves for Wilkes.
nevadajoe

Post by nevadajoe »

In a game that was postponed from February 17, Juniata (0-1) travels down to St. Mary's (1-1) this afternoon at 4:00 PM.
nevadajoe

Post by nevadajoe »

Landmark teams in action on Wednesday.

Susquehanna (1-1) is at Misericordia (2-0) at 4:00 PM.
Wilkes (0-1) is on the road against Marywood (0-1) at 4:00 PM.
Elizabethtown is at home for their first game of the season against Washington College (0-2) at 6:00 PM
Catholic (0-1) will host #20 Stevenson (1-1) at 7:00 PM.
Drew (2-1) will be at home against Gwynedd Mercy (0-2) at 7:00 PM.
Goucher (1-1) visits Hood (2-1) at 7:00 PM.
Scranton (1-2) travels to Stockton (1-0) at 7:00 PM.
nevadajoe

Post by nevadajoe »

Wilkes (1-1) took their first win of the season opening up a close game with a strong fourth quarter to defeat host Marywood (0-2). The offense was led by Colby Opromolla, with 3 goals and an assist, Tim Hartka, with 2 goals and 2 assists, and Dillon Kadis, with 2 goals. The defense was led by Brian Keegan, who caused 5 turnovers and grabbed 3 groundballs, and Matthew Warns, who caused 3 turnovers and scooped up 8 groundballs. Goalie Joseph Marino had a strong game, stopping 14 of 22 shots.

Susquehanna (2-1) went back and forth with Misericordia (2-1) before pulling out a 9-8 win on the road. The River Hawks were led on offense by Connor Aitken with 3 goals and Nick Redmund with 2 goals. Middie Matthew Faggioli took just one shot in the game but it was the game-winner with just under three minutes left. The defense got solid performances from Ted Zaborowski, who caused a turnover and had 7 ground balls, and Sean Yamada, who grabbed 5 groundballs. Jozef Korpics stood tall in goal with 14 saves.
Tightyrighty

Post by Tightyrighty »

I hate to be a downer but the landmark is really bad this year.. I know it’s early and stuff but just overall it looks like it’s barely a mid major conference. I don’t know if it’s a recruiting thing since I think all the schools are in solid areas for young kids to enjoy themselves and have good academics or if it’s just Social media running where kids go. The upper teams get all the “swag” and cool vids and these conferences just don’t have that impression online which maybe that’s why but jeez. E-town gets their doors beaten in by a decent WAC, Scranton gets toasted by a meh Stockton, Catholic got absused by a solid Stevenson but lose to a dusty Messiah. Overall it’s just not looking good as a conference. Maybe I’m just a grumpy old man yelling at the clouds but I truly think coaching at this level is not THAT hard. ITS ABOUT THE BADGE. KIDS DONT PLAY FOR THE BADGE AND PLAY FOR THE GLORY
Etown

Post by Etown »

Tightyrighty wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:00 pm I hate to be a downer but the landmark is really bad this year.. I know it’s early and stuff but just overall it looks like it’s barely a mid major conference. I don’t know if it’s a recruiting thing since I think all the schools are in solid areas for young kids to enjoy themselves and have good academics or if it’s just Social media running where kids go. The upper teams get all the “swag” and cool vids and these conferences just don’t have that impression online which maybe that’s why but jeez. E-town gets their doors beaten in by a decent WAC, Scranton gets toasted by a meh Stockton, Catholic got absused by a solid Stevenson but lose to a dusty Messiah. Overall it’s just not looking good as a conference. Maybe I’m just a grumpy old man yelling at the clouds but I truly think coaching at this level is not THAT hard. ITS ABOUT THE BADGE. KIDS DONT PLAY FOR THE BADGE AND PLAY FOR THE GLORY
I agree tightywhitey the conference has really declined the past 2 years. Royals, Cards, and Jays are all down.
NutterButter

Post by NutterButter »

Tightyrighty wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:00 pm I hate to be a downer but the landmark is really bad this year.. I know it’s early and stuff but just overall it looks like it’s barely a mid major conference. I don’t know if it’s a recruiting thing since I think all the schools are in solid areas for young kids to enjoy themselves and have good academics or if it’s just Social media running where kids go. The upper teams get all the “swag” and cool vids and these conferences just don’t have that impression online which maybe that’s why but jeez. E-town gets their doors beaten in by a decent WAC, Scranton gets toasted by a meh Stockton, Catholic got absused by a solid Stevenson but lose to a dusty Messiah. Overall it’s just not looking good as a conference. Maybe I’m just a grumpy old man yelling at the clouds but I truly think coaching at this level is not THAT hard. ITS ABOUT THE BADGE. KIDS DONT PLAY FOR THE BADGE AND PLAY FOR THE GLORY
I know of at least one team that likes to post some pretty “swaggy” pics, even after a L. From an unnamed source from an unknown team.

Let the kids live or why you flexing after an L?
nevadajoe

Post by nevadajoe »

Goucher (2-1) came back from an early 5-1 deficit and rallied behind a persistent offense and a sticky defense to defeat Hood (2-2) on the road.
Jacob Morgan (3 goals, 2 assists), James Dugan (2G, 1A), Holden Vance (1G, 2A) and Jack McDermott (2G) paced the Gophers offense. Defenseman DJ Barnes caused 4 turnovers and picked up 2 groundballs. Freashman goalie Cole Smith had an exceptional game with 12 saves, including two saves i the last minutes as Goucher was nursing their one-goal lead.

Drew raised its record to 3-1 with a decisive 16-10 win at home over Gywnedd Mercy (0-3). Mike DeMayo and Riley Zeer each had 4 goals with DeMayo adding 3 assists and Zeer chipping in 2 assists. Charlie Collins and Tommy Larmore each netted 2 goals and added 2 assists. GJ Nazziola was solid at faceoff, winning 21 of 29 draws and scooping up 15 groundballs. Defenseman Tyler McCarthy caused 3 turnovers and had a groundball. Freshman goalie Joe Barnish played the majority of the game and had 8 saves.

Lycoming (1-1) only managed 17 shots and was overwelmed by Ithaca (2-0) 24-2. Goalie Ben Franco had 22 saves.
nevadajoe

Post by nevadajoe »

Elizabethtown lost their opening game of the year at home to Washington College (1-2) by a score of 15-9. The Shoremen jumped out to a 10-3 halftime lead that the Blue Jays could not overcome.
Alex Kilgour had 3 goals, Riley Langen had 4 assists and Gavin Gismondi added 2 goals and an assist to lead the offense for Elizabethtown. SSDM Connor Stewart had a solid game, causing 5 turnovers and grabbing 6 groundballs.

Catholic (0-2) hung close with #20 Stevenson (2-1) for the first quarter but the Mustangs controlled the game from then on and eventually defeated the Cardinals 18-12. Attackman Steven Dezelic scored 5 goals and freshman attackman Matt Moore contributed 3 goals and an assist while sophomore middie Brady MacMahon had a goal and 3 assists. Defenseman Mike Tayloe caused 2 turnovers and had 2 groundballs. Freshman goalie Tyler Merchant had 15 saves.

Scranton's offense was stifled by Stockton (2-0) and the Royals dropped to 1-3 with a 15-6 loss. Scranton was limited to just 11 shots in the first half as the Ospreys scored the first 5 goals of the game and held an 8-4 advantage at the half. The Royals only scored 2 more goals in the second half. Kyle Holmes had 3 goals and an assist and Matthew Mcaree added another 3 goals. Goalie Declan Allen had 12 saves.
Tightyrighty

Post by Tightyrighty »

Don’t be scared nutter butter your in a safe space which team is that? Thats a tough look
puckman44

Post by puckman44 »

Scranton still having trouble at the x.
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

puckman44 wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:18 pm Scranton still having trouble at the x.
Tough to replace the production of Crapanzano
nevadajoe

Post by nevadajoe »

This weekend's games for Landmark teams.

On Friday, Juniata (0-2) hosts Bridgewater (1-2) at 4:00 PM. Bridgewater defeated Susquehanna 9-8 in OT on February 17.

Saturday's schedule:

Games at 12:00 PM.

Moravian (0-2) takes their spring break trip to face Berry (1-3) in Davenport, FL.
Elizabethtown (0-1) is at home against Swarthmore (3-0).
Lycoming (1-1) is on the road against Wells who will be playing their first game of the season.

Games at 1:00 PM.

Catholic (0-2) travels to Franklin & Marshall (3-1).
Scranton (1-3) is on the road against Cortland (1-0).
Susquehanna (2-1) travels to Shenandoah (2-1).
Wilkes (1-1) is at home against Utica (0-2).
Goucher (2-1) is on the road against Lebanon Valley (2-2). Lebanon Valley defeated Moravian 13-6 on February 21.
ChopMan23

Post by ChopMan23 »

O/U 2.5 wins for the landmark this weekend?
nevadajoe

Post by nevadajoe »

Juniata (0-3) hung close to Bridgewater (2-2) for three quarters but then Bridgewater put up 8 goals in the fourth quarter to secure a 15-6 win on the road.
Kolton Black, with 3 goals, and Zachary Forest, with 2 goals, led the offense for Juniata. Goalie Justin Toney had 19 saves.
nevadajoe

Post by nevadajoe »

It appears that Wells College is not fielding a lacrosse team this year so Lycoming will not be playing today as originally scheduled.

On the Wells lacrosse website, no schedule is listed and the roster only shows 12 players.
laxdad30

Post by laxdad30 »

nevadajoe wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:22 am It appears that Wells College is not fielding a lacrosse team this year so Lycoming will not be playing today as originally scheduled.

On the Wells lacrosse website, no schedule is listed and the roster only shows 12 players.
Wasn't this supposed to be their last season? If all the players left no way they could field a team.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”