Centennial Conference 2024

D3 Mens Lacrosse
Asgot

Re: Centennial Conference 2024

Post by Asgot »

Asgot wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 7:28 pm
Low2high22 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:30 pm Is anyone else surprised Gettysburg has so much hype? They had a great start to the year last year but didn’t finish so strong and seems like they lost almost everyone..

No hate, but excited to see what the young guys can do this Saturday against a very experienced Lynchburg team.
I
ChopMan23

Post by ChopMan23 »

Good game from the Bullets. Swat seems to picked up where they left off. Ursinus :oops:
SixBySix

Post by SixBySix »

ChopMan23 wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 4:19 pm Good game from the Bullets. Swat seems to picked up where they left off. Ursinus :oops:
Swat pulled the offensive starters 5 minutes before halftime (except for man-up opportunities) at 14-0, and 22 players recorded at least one point. 53-25 GB advantage, 23-4 face-offs, and they still would have doubled Widener's total if their goalies hadn't made a single save with only 11 shots on goal allowed. A pretty remarkably dominant opener against a team that usually at least has a pulse.
valaxfan

Post by valaxfan »

SixBySix wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:02 pm
ChopMan23 wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 4:19 pm Good game from the Bullets. Swat seems to picked up where they left off. Ursinus :oops:
Swat pulled the offensive starters 5 minutes before halftime (except for man-up opportunities) at 14-0, and 22 players recorded at least one point. 53-25 GB advantage, 23-4 face-offs, and they still would have doubled Widener's total if their goalies hadn't made a single save with only 11 shots on goal allowed. A pretty remarkably dominant opener against a team that usually at least has a pulse.
Good start for the Bullets but Lynchburg was missing their AA Middie, Riley Mitchell. I am pretty sure if he played, the score might have been different. Not saying the Hornets win but you can not underestimate the loss of a starting AA for a game like this.

valaxfan
ChopMan23

Post by ChopMan23 »

valaxfan wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:25 pm
Good start for the Bullets but Lynchburg was missing their AA Middie, Riley Mitchell. I am pretty sure if he played, the score might have been different. Not saying the Hornets win but you can not underestimate the loss of a starting AA for a game like this.

valaxfan
With you. What was going on with him?
Laxdds

Post by Laxdds »

ChopMan23 wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:54 pm

valaxfan
I don't disagree that the loss of a key player can make a difference, but didn't we hear all of Lynchburg's 5th years (7 I think) would be the difference maker? Shouldn't they have stepped up and filled that hole with all of their experience? After the first quarter when Gettysburg's freshman and sophomores realized they could play toe to toe with Lynchburg, Gettysburg was the better team everywhere except the X. But that was Yesterday.
I thought #55 (Wolfe) for Lynchburg was the best player on the field Yesterday.
I hope Mitchell's injury isn't severe and he's back on the field soon.
Laxdds

Post by Laxdds »

valaxfan
I don't disagree that the loss of a key player can make a difference, but didn't we hear all of Lynchburg's 5th years (7 I think) would be the difference maker? Shouldn't they have stepped up and filled that hole with all of their experience? After the first quarter when Gettysburg's freshman and sophomores realized they could play toe to toe with Lynchburg, Gettysburg was the better team everywhere except the X. But that was Yesterday.
Laxdds

Post by Laxdds »

valaxfan
valaxfan

Post by valaxfan »

Laxdds wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:35 am

valaxfan
CM23 and Laxdds, totally agree on the talk about 5/6 year players, honestly, I am over with the extra years the COVID year has given to schools. But, with Mitchell out, they are not the same team. Again, not saying they win, but Mitchell has been a thorn in W&L's side, I've watched him develop over his career, he's a very good scorer. Hope his absence is not season long.

valaxfan
ChopMan23

Post by ChopMan23 »

valaxfan wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:45 am

valaxfan
CM23 and Laxdds, totally agree on the talk about 5/6 year players, honestly, I am over with the extra years the COVID year has given to schools. But, with Mitchell out, they are not the same team. Again, not saying they win, but Mitchell has been a thorn in W&L's side, I've watched him develop over his career, he's a very good scorer. Hope his absence is not season long.

valaxfan
He's been a tremendous player since stepping on campus there. I did not watch a whole lot of Dickinson / Stevens, but Stevens put up a fight. They are going to have a good year. They answered every blow from Dickinson, and kudos to the Red Devils for staying poised and finishing the game with the win.
ODACtionEmpire

Post by ODACtionEmpire »

valaxfan wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:45 am

valaxfan

valaxfan
As an avid ODAC lacrosse enjoyer, I have watched Mitchell impact some pretty big games for the bugs. Agree with the sentiment that he would have made a big difference in that game along the lines of maybe getting the pole and opening up some lanes for other guys. Still would have put the ball in the net and fed some teammates well - great vision out of the midfield. Seemed like #10 Rust hit the post about a dozen times - it's a game of inches they say.

All the talk about 5th years is just that. It's talk. But if any old heads like myself had the opportunity to go back for another year, you bet we'd take it in a heartbeat. Can't blame the kids for wanting to play - Hate the game not the player I suppose.

The Centennial always provides great matchups for the ODAC, and I can foresee Gburg having a solid season. Their netminder plays outstanding between the pipes - helps that he's as big as he is. Excited to see how they match up against the Gulls next weekend.
GoTerriers8

Post by GoTerriers8 »

Has Swarthmore really started 3 goalies in 3 years?
SixBySix

Post by SixBySix »

GoTerriers8 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:44 am Has Swarthmore really started 3 goalies in 3 years?
Technically yes at this point. Pretzer, the starter last year, was the only one of four rostered goalies to not play on Saturday, which makes me wonder if he may be nursing an injury.
hooray

Post by hooray »

Yes - Gress has rotated goalies the first couple of games for the last 3 years to help solidify a starter, likely going to happen again this year and would bet Pretzer starts versus Eastern. Pretty incredible depth at the position for them this year
ReturnOfTheWAC

Post by ReturnOfTheWAC »

5-2 first weekend with ofcourse my Shoremen being one of the incorrect picks. Got some time as Im sitting in the Philly airport to get some picks in for tomorrows mid week slate

Swarthmore vs Eastern- Swat may have played the perfect game on Saturday and absolutely dominated what looks to be a down Widener team. Eastern fresh off what some would call an "upset" victory vs Washington College. Both teams are very experienced and well poised to make this season one to remember. Swat is just way to good on offense Swat 15-6

Muhlenberg vs Scranton- The Mules youth really showed in a loss to Stevie on Saturday night. Replacing a roster full of guys who had appeared in 50 plus games is going to be a learning process but I have faith in Plunckett that he wont let the wheels fall off the bus. Give me the Mules in a tight on 10-9

Ursinus vs Western Conn State- Unlike Muhlenberg, I dont have as much faith in this young staff to right the ship. Ursinus graduated alot of talented expierenced players and I am skeptical that this team will figure it out. Ursinus 13-7

F&M vs Arcadia- F&M had an "F&M" like half vs LVC before turining it on. As always this team has the offensive firepower to play with anyone but defensive lapses have been their issue dating back 5 plus seasons. They wont need to worry about that vs Arcadia but in te big games they have to figure it out. Dips 18-8

McDaniel vs Marymount- Okay Terror lets see if you are continuing to improve or not. Terror 11-10
CentennialPundit

Post by CentennialPundit »

My Predictions for the week:

Swarthmore vs Eastern- Not anticipating this to be close. Swarthmore will continue to make statements in games where they are the better team. Expecting a big score here. Swat 20-3

Muhlenberg vs Scranton- Both teams had pretty good losses week 1. Holding salisbury to 12 is no small feet, so I am taking Scranton in a close one. Scranton 12-10

Ursinus vs Western Conn State- Ursinus is in trouble this season with their coaching and gradating class. Not expecting a big season from the bears and that will show this week. Western Conn 15-10

F&M vs Arcadia- F&M has a lot of ground to make up and they face a sneaky okay team in Arcadia. Still expect the dips to win, but not without some effort. Dips 12-6

McDaniel vs Marymount- no clue about either of these teams but I'll take mcdaniel 15-13.
Bananas4Lax3

Post by Bananas4Lax3 »

Whats wrong with the Ursinus coaching staff? Keep hearing blame go to the staff. Ursinus is for sure down. Do they feel this is a result of the new hire? This was a program that was on the verge of the top 10 just four years ago.
SixBySix

Post by SixBySix »

Eastern should be set up for a relatively good year, I would expect a close game for the first half before Swat pulls away in the second. Something more like 18-10 final.
RussianTroll

Post by RussianTroll »

Dickinson is hot not this year…muehlberher is looking real not good two.
CentennialPundit

Post by CentennialPundit »

Nice slate of games today, my predictions for some:

Muhlenberg v. Clarkson: Mules should win this one, don't know much about clarkson. Ill take the Mules 14-6

FnM v. York: Big game for the dips but not quite sure they're up to the task yet. Would be a great win for the centennial, but York has already been battle tested a few times this season. I think York takes this one by a fair margin. York 17-10

Dickinson v. Scranton: Scranton off to a good start and I think they'll be looking to make a statement today. However, Dickinson is the better and more experienced team. Can't see Dickinson losing, but I could see Scranton keeping it close for a bit. Dickinson 15-7

Salisbury v. Gettysburg: For sure the game of the week, would be a great win for the bullets but Salisbury will be coming in hot with revenge on their mind. Both teams lost a lot of their top talent from last year's matchup, but I see Salisbury's depth being insurmountable. Salisbury 16-10

Swarthmore v. Vassar: Excited to see what happens with this game. Swarthmore certainly is out to prove last years blizzard game was a fluke, and I imagine they will come out firing. Swarthmore is the much better team in this matchup, and with revenge on their mind I could see this one getting out of hand. Swat 22-10

WAC v. WnL: Tough draw for WAC. WnL will be looking to get right, and WAC has not been off to a promising start. I think things could get ugly in Lexington. Rooting for WAC to keep it close, but I don't think WnL will shy away from running up the score. WnL 19-5

Could be a tough week for the centennial, lots of big matchups. Hopefully they can win some of the big games, it goes a long way in terms of national seedings down the road.
Last edited by CentennialPundit on Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”