Centennial Conference 2024

D3 Mens Lacrosse
hooray

Re: Centennial Conference 2024

Post by hooray »

Agree with these. If there's a game where Swat is going to score a billion goals it is today. Put the house on it
SixBySix

Post by SixBySix »

CentennialPundit wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:09 pm Muhlenberg v. Clarkson: Mules should win this one, don't know much about clarkson. Ill take the Mules 14-6
Overall agree with these, but Clarkson has been a very competitive LL team for a good while. I would expect the Mules to be slight home underdogs (realizing it's a little unfair to be writing this 20 minutes into the game, but was going to be my pregame prediction too!).

Clarkson looks good, nice size in the midfield, good passing and looking to feed the crease off the dodge. They are sliding immediately to every dodge and Muhlenberg has not been adjusting to it at all. 3-1 Golden Knights with 6 minutes left in the 2nd.
ChopMan23

Post by ChopMan23 »

Did not realize how young a lot of Gettysburg's contributors are. They hung with the Gulls most of the game. Will be a scary team when those freshman get some time under their belt.
ReturnOfTheWAC

Post by ReturnOfTheWAC »

Sorry, was out of the country on business, catching up now on the forums and absolutely going to avoid the Washington thread for awhile. Lets keep it light and make some picks

Haverford vs Widener- Widener seems down significantly this year. Haverford picked up a nice win last week but I have been unable to catch them in action to see the pace they are playing at. They seem to be scoring which is a change from the previous few years. Is that the case idk but I think they take this one easily, Fords 16-6

F&M vs Messiah- F&M under might have been the lock of the century last week vs York. What is the Dips record vs the much tougher Spartans? Honestly have they ever won? Before Diplomat fans come at me you have to admit York has been the boogie man for you especially over season and probably the reason why people see all this offensive talent and wonder why it never shows up in big games. Messiah is a scary team and this is giving me F&M vs ETown vibes(last year). Messiahs defense has been very suspect over the last 2 seasons if they show up Messiah upsets the Dips 13-12

Washington vs ETown- I really do not want to pick anymore Washington games this year... but whats the fun in that. Washington is young,and inexperienced, only way out of that is to play the young guys. ETown is opening their season, so possibly some early game jitters favor WAC. This will most likely come down to goalie play espcially in the second half. Washington 14-12 in a naibiter( please god)

Ursinus vs Arcadia- Whoo Wee Ursinus should have bought a lottery ticket after their West Conn win. The Bears found a way though and if your a coach, your selling that to your team. Arcadia has been a pesky opponent for some pretty good teams in this young year but have been unable to steal the upset. Tonight I see that changing Arcadia(whats their mascot) 15-11

Muhlenberg vs Desales- Desales is another one of those Centennial weekday nightmare teams, tough, play hard, and will make you pull your hair out for a half or so. The Mules seem to be righting the ship after a nice win over the weekend in a strong defensive effort. I see this being another low scoring one but the Mules pull away late 10-7
CentennialPundit

Post by CentennialPundit »

I agree for the most part but will share my thoughts
ReturnOfTheWAC wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:25 am Haverford vs Widener- Widener seems down significantly this year. Haverford picked up a nice win last week but I have been unable to catch them in action to see the pace they are playing at. They seem to be scoring which is a change from the previous few years. Is that the case idk but I think they take this one easily, Fords 16-6
I agree Haverford will take this one, but not quite by that much of a margin. I'll take them 12-8.
ReturnOfTheWAC wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:25 am F&M vs Messiah- F&M under might have been the lock of the century last week vs York. What is the Dips record vs the much tougher Spartans? Honestly have they ever won? Before Diplomat fans come at me you have to admit York has been the boogie man for you especially over season and probably the reason why people see all this offensive talent and wonder why it never shows up in big games. Messiah is a scary team and this is giving me F&M vs ETown vibes(last year). Messiahs defense has been very suspect over the last 2 seasons if they show up Messiah upsets the Dips 13-12
Messiah does seem to be a solid squad, but I think FnM will want to show they aren't quite on their level. I am unsure if that is true, but I am inclined to think FnM will roll coming off of a tough game. I will take the dips 14-10.
ReturnOfTheWAC wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:25 am Washington vs ETown- I really do not want to pick anymore Washington games this year... but whats the fun in that. Washington is young,and inexperienced, only way out of that is to play the young guys. ETown is opening their season, so possibly some early game jitters favor WAC. This will most likely come down to goalie play espcially in the second half. Washington 14-12 in a naibiter( please god)
The folks in the WAC thread are not going to like this, but I think WAC's rough start might get even rougher. ETown normally has a pretty decent squad, and, well, WAC this year... maybe this will be the turning point for their young team but I am not convinced. ETown 15-8
ReturnOfTheWAC wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:25 am Ursinus vs Arcadia- Whoo Wee Ursinus should have bought a lottery ticket after their West Conn win. The Bears found a way though and if your a coach, your selling that to your team. Arcadia has been a pesky opponent for some pretty good teams in this young year but have been unable to steal the upset. Tonight I see that changing Arcadia(whats their mascot) 15-11
Anything could happen here. I think Arcadia is definitely on the upswing, but not sure they'll be able to steal this one. I could see it going either way, but I will take the Bears 10-9.
ReturnOfTheWAC wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:25 am Muhlenberg vs Desales- Desales is another one of those Centennial weekday nightmare teams, tough, play hard, and will make you pull your hair out for a half or so. The Mules seem to be righting the ship after a nice win over the weekend in a strong defensive effort. I see this being another low scoring one but the Mules pull away late 10-7
Another match up against a team on the uptick, but Mules have too much firepower. I think Muhlenberg handles this one easily, 14-8.
Laxdds

Post by Laxdds »

ReturnOfTheWAC wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:25 am Sorry, was out of the country on business, catching up now on the forums and absolutely going to avoid the Washington thread for awhile. Lets keep it light and make some picks

Haverford vs Widener- Widener seems down significantly this year. Haverford picked up a nice win last week but I have been unable to catch them in action to see the pace they are playing at. They seem to be scoring which is a change from the previous few years. Is that the case idk but I think they take this one easily, Fords 16-6

F&M vs Messiah- F&M under might have been the lock of the century last week vs York. What is the Dips record vs the much tougher Spartans? Honestly have they ever won? Before Diplomat fans come at me you have to admit York has been the boogie man for you especially over season and probably the reason why people see all this offensive talent and wonder why it never shows up in big games. Messiah is a scary team and this is giving me F&M vs ETown vibes(last year). Messiahs defense has been very suspect over the last 2 seasons if they show up Messiah upsets the Dips 13-12

Washington vs ETown- I really do not want to pick anymore Washington games this year... but whats the fun in that. Washington is young,and inexperienced, only way out of that is to play the young guys. ETown is opening their season, so possibly some early game jitters favor WAC. This will most likely come down to goalie play espcially in the second half. Washington 14-12 in a naibiter( please god)

Ursinus vs Arcadia- Whoo Wee Ursinus should have bought a lottery ticket after their West Conn win. The Bears found a way though and if your a coach, your selling that to your team. Arcadia has been a pesky opponent for some pretty good teams in this young year but have been unable to steal the upset. Tonight I see that changing Arcadia(whats their mascot) 15-11

Muhlenberg vs Desales- Desales is another one of those Centennial weekday nightmare teams, tough, play hard, and will make you pull your hair out for a half or so. The Mules seem to be righting the ship after a nice win over the weekend in a strong defensive effort. I see this being another low scoring one but the Mules pull away late 10-7
Your not allowed to go out of the country during lacrosse season!

What are your thoughts on:

Gettysburg vs Stevenson? I like the Bullets by 3. However, still need some help at the X. I didn't see any of the Salisbury game so I don't know who took the majority of FO's, I know a freshman took a lot in the Lynchburg game. Also EMO is 0-7 so far....not good.

Dickinson vs Roanoke (In Potomac) I guess Dickinson is still working out the kinks but based on what I know they are capable of...Dickinson by 5. I don't have a good feel for Roanoke because of the early schedule should know more after today's game vs Grove City.
CentennialPundit

Laxdds wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:38 am What are your thoughts on:

Gettysburg vs Stevenson? I like the Bullets by 3. However, still need some help at the X. I didn't see any of the Salisbury game so I don't know who took the majority of FO's, I know a freshman took a lot in the Lynchburg game. Also EMO is 0-7 so far....not good.

Dickinson vs Roanoke (In Potomac) I guess Dickinson is still working out the kinks but based on what I know they are capable of...Dickinson by 5. I don't have a good feel for Roanoke because of the early schedule should know more after today's game vs Grove City.
If Gettysberg's young guys are as good as I have heard, I think they will handle Stevenson. Especially since they have been battle tested twice already. I would take the bullets by 5 or so in this game.

Roanoke gave Dickinson all they could handle last season, and I imagine both teams left that game with a sour taste in their mouth. Dickinson should dominate the face off and goalie battle here, and I think they roll Roanoke by a fair margin.
ChopMan23

Post by ChopMan23 »

CentennialPundit wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:54 am
Laxdds wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:38 am What are your thoughts on:

If Gettysberg's young guys are as good as I have heard, I think they will handle Stevenson. Especially since they have been battle tested twice already. I would take the bullets by 5 or so in this game.

Roanoke gave Dickinson all they could handle last season, and I imagine both teams left that game with a sour taste in their mouth. Dickinson should dominate the face off and goalie battle here, and I think they roll Roanoke by a fair margin.
Stevenson put up a fight against CNU. I agree the Bullets take it but these two teams seem to always battle and play a close game.
ReturnOfTheWAC

Post by ReturnOfTheWAC »

Laxdds wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:38 am
ReturnOfTheWAC wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:25 am Sorry, was out of the country on business, catching up now on the forums and absolutely going to avoid the Washington thread for awhile. Lets keep it light and make some picks

Your not allowed to go out of the country during lacrosse season!

What are your thoughts on:

Laxdds,

The bills need to be paid unfortunately.

Early reads on these 2, ill need to dive deeper into some numbers but my very early lean on each game is the following

Gettysburg vs Stevenson- Stevenson is 1-5 in the last 6 games vs Gettysburg with the games being a bit more high scoring in the Toner era. Toners 10 man seems to have caused Stevenson some issue(tho if I remember correctly Stevie scored on it last year on a defenders long shot). In the end I think this game comes down to which team has more poise over 60 min. Stevenson the last 2 years vs Gettysburg has had big quarters but the other 3 tend to be turnover prone. Im early leaning Gettysburg 16-9 with Stevenson probably jumping out to an early lead before they implode. Im interested to see a team zone Gettysburg(I doubt Stevenson humbles themself enough to do so), but could the young Bullets offense stagnate vs that change of pace.

Dickinson vs Noke- I have 0 faith in Roanoke. How they made the NCAA Tournament a few years ago is a shock to me. They are "Stevenson Light" Less skilled and just as up and down. Im taking a well coached Dickinson team by 7+ here. I know last year was close but Roanoke's face off and goaltending matches up well below Dickinsons.
ReturnOfTheWAC

Post by ReturnOfTheWAC »

Pretty interesting night, the theme of this season is inconsistency. Lets look at this weekends games and get the conversation started

Swat vs ETown- This shouldnt even be close, ETown dosent get to play make it take it this year and though they can score, its tough to do when you dont have the ball. Swat on the other hand can score and play pretty decent defense. Expect this one to be done early. Garnett 23-8

F&M vs Catholic- Ill eat my crow here as I picked against The Dips vs Messiah. They showed up and the defense appeared to have dominated. Catholic(and the rest of the Landmark) seems to be down this year. I see the Dips cruising vs the Boys from DC. F&M 18- 9

Gettysburg vs Stevenson- I never trust Stevie to play a full 60 minutes. Gettysburg is steady eddie and even though they are young early returns are saying this group is talented and only going to get better. Wild card here is face offs, as Gettysburg appears to be in big trouble at this position. If Stevenson keeps its close, its because they dominate the possession. Gettysburg 16-8

McDaniel vs Alvernia- Western Maryland improves to 4-0. WMC 17-6

Ursinus vs DeSales- I want the Bears to pull this out here but I feel like they are just too inconsistent. DeSales showed they are not afraid of the CC and play with alot of toughness. DeSales goes 2-0 vs the CC this week 13-10

Muhlenberg vs RPI- The Mules are a tad bit better then Ursinus but are also struggling to score. RPI 10-8

Washington vs Mary Washington- Huge win and effort last night for this young group. I see them building upon some of that confidence and rolling in this 15-9

Dickinson vs Roanoke- This wont be close as Webster is a master of getting his team better. Dickinson 18-9

Haverford vs RMC- This is a really interesting game for me. RMC has a win vs Ursinus but Haverford is a bit more buttoned up. RMC sure looks to be loaded on offense. Haverford's goalie carries the day. Fords 14-12
HomerCoach

Post by HomerCoach »

ReturnOfTheWAC wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:04 pm Pretty interesting night, the theme of this season is inconsistency. Lets look at this weekends games and get the conversation started

Swat vs ETown- This shouldnt even be close, ETown dosent get to play make it take it this year and though they can score, its tough to do when you dont have the ball. Swat on the other hand can score and play pretty decent defense. Expect this one to be done early. Garnett 23-8

F&M vs Catholic- Ill eat my crow here as I picked against The Dips vs Messiah. They showed up and the defense appeared to have dominated. Catholic(and the rest of the Landmark) seems to be down this year. I see the Dips cruising vs the Boys from DC. F&M 18- 9

Gettysburg vs Stevenson- I never trust Stevie to play a full 60 minutes. Gettysburg is steady eddie and even though they are young early returns are saying this group is talented and only going to get better. Wild card here is face offs, as Gettysburg appears to be in big trouble at this position. If Stevenson keeps its close, its because they dominate the possession. Gettysburg 16-8

Ursinus vs DeSales- I want the Bears to pull this out here but I feel like they are just too inconsistent. DeSales showed they are not afraid of the CC and play with alot of toughness. DeSales goes 2-0 vs the CC this week 13-10

Muhlenberg vs RPI- The Mules are a tad bit better then Ursinus but are also struggling to score. RPI 10-8

Washington vs Mary Washington- Huge win and effort last night for this young group. I see them building upon some of that confidence and rolling in this 15-9

Dickinson vs Roanoke- This wont be close as Webster is a master of getting his team better. Dickinson 18-9

Haverford vs RMC- This is a really interesting game for me. RMC has a win vs Ursinus but Haverford is a bit more buttoned up. RMC sure looks to be loaded on offense. Haverford's goalie carries the day. Fords 14-12
Mary Wash by 5 and RMC by 8
SixBySix

Post by SixBySix »

HomerCoach wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:21 pm
Mary Wash by 5 and RMC by 8
Agreed, I think ReturnOfTheWAC's take was overall a little too rosy on the CC. I think RPI cruises past the Mules as well. Could be a huge opportunities for middle of the conference OOC resume if we're wrong though!
StevieUAlum

Post by StevieUAlum »

ReturnOfTheWAC wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:04 pm Pretty interesting night, the theme of this season is inconsistency. Lets look at this weekends games and get the conversation started

8 goal difference for my guys against G-Burg???? :| This is usually a close, knock down, drag it out game. Played CNU well all things considered for a rather young team, 5 goal loss but with four of your top nine offensive guys being underclassmen gives them hope for later in the year with more game experience.

Halpin is 62% at the dot, more than capable of winning his fair share. Haven't seen much on the Bullets outside of their game with Salisbury so don't have much to go on.

Hoping Stevie keeps it within 3-4 goals all game and gives themselves a chances down the stretch!

Stevie needs this win badly to get them back in the national conversation and to continue trending in the right direction.
Laxdds

Post by Laxdds »

StevieUAlum wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:02 pm

8 goal difference for my guys against G-Burg???? :| This is usually a close, knock down, drag it out game. Played CNU well all things considered for a rather young team, 5 goal loss but with four of your top nine offensive guys being underclassmen gives them hope for later in the year with more game experience.

Halpin is 62% at the dot, more than capable of winning his fair share. Haven't seen much on the Bullets outside of their game with Salisbury so don't have much to go on.

Hoping Stevie keeps it within 3-4 goals all game and gives themselves a chances down the stretch!

Stevie needs this win badly to get them back in the national conversation and to continue trending in the right direction.
I'm going to stick with my Gettysburg by 3 prediction. Last year Stevenson was up at least 4 and maybe 5 at some point. The Bullets relied on their experience to hang in and get the win. Those guys are gone, this team is definitely less experienced but more talented. Again it will come down to goalie play and the X.
ReturnOfTheWAC

Post by ReturnOfTheWAC »

Laxdds wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:56 pm

I'm going to stick with my Gettysburg by 3 prediction. Last year Stevenson was up at least 4 and maybe 5 at some point. The Bullets relied on their experience to hang in and get the win. Those guys are gone, this team is definitely less experienced but more talented. Again it will come down to goalie play and the X.
More talented? After 2 games are you that sure? I’m not sure that’s the case yet. Last years team was arguably the best team in the country on Feb and early March before they slipped. I’d take Howard, Ward, Raymond,Puckhaber, Harrigan gladly at Washington. I’d argue Gettysburg was the most talented team in the CC last year if you took out goalie and Faceoff.
CentennialPundit

ReturnOfTheWAC wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:02 pm

More talented? After 2 games are you that sure? I’m not sure that’s the case yet. Last years team was arguably the best team in the country on Feb and early March before they slipped. I’d take Howard, Ward, Raymond,Puckhaber, Harrigan gladly at Washington. I’d argue Gettysburg was the most talented team in the CC last year if you took out goalie and Faceoff.
I agree that it’s hard to claim this years team is more talented than last years, especially considering some of the players they lost. But its equally hard to claim they were the most talented team last year when they got swept by Swarthmore and Dickinson. Gettysburg for sure had some good players. But it’s tough to argue they were the most talented (as the games showed).
Devil4Life

Post by Devil4Life »

CentennialPundit wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:17 pm

I agree that it’s hard to claim this years team is more talented than last years, especially considering some of the players they lost. But its equally hard to claim they were the most talented team last year when they got swept by Swarthmore and Dickinson. Gettysburg for sure had some good players. But it’s tough to argue they were the most talented (as the games showed).
Dickinson only won once with Brandau’s best performance all season.
ReturnOfTheWAC

Post by ReturnOfTheWAC »

Devil4Life wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:46 pm

Here are the gettysburg players who made all Centennial Conference last season

2023 Frank Barbera First Team Long-Stick Midfield
2023 Kyle Howard First Team Attack
2023 Zack Kinsella First Team Defensive Midfield
2023 Zack Puckhaber First Team Defense
2023 Andy Marquet Second Team Defense
2023 Jonathan Moshe Second Team Face-Off Specialist
2023 Michael Zima Second Team Defensive Midfield
2023 Jack Dunleavy Honorable Mention Midfield
2023 George Raymond Honorable Mention Attack
2023 Kieran Ward Honorable Mention Midfield
2023 Aidan Wykoff Honorable Mention Midfield

By my count it’s the most if any team. I stand by my claim of the most talented
CentennialPundit

ReturnOfTheWAC wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:43 am

Sure, that is a fair point. I tend to not put much stock into awards like that, but that is just my point of view.
HomerCoach

Post by HomerCoach »

CentennialPundit wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:47 am
ReturnOfTheWAC wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:43 am

Sure, that is a fair point. I tend to not put much stock into awards like that, but that is just my point of view.
Probably a good idea to not put much stock in the awards voted on by the coaches in the conference (and they can't vote for their own.) :roll:

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”