D2 LAX & Engineering

D2 Mens Lacrosse
Gorilla Fan

Re: D2 LAX & Engineering

Post by Gorilla Fan »

New York Tech and Merrimack both have good engineering degrees, and are quality D2 lacrosse programs…
Leonard Washington

Post by Leonard Washington »

Gorilla Fan wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:21 pm New York Tech and Merrimack both have good engineering degrees, and are quality D2 lacrosse programs…
Great Sarcasm there
First of all, ya better check your tone. I dont think you know who you're talking to. I'm Leonard Washington...I don't get butt naked for nobody!!
River Donkey

Post by River Donkey »

Gorilla Fan wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:21 pm New York Tech and Merrimack both have good engineering degrees, and are quality D2 lacrosse programs…
New York Tech does have a great engineering program but no longer has a lacrosse program.
Gorilla Fan

Post by Gorilla Fan »

Really? Well at least Mack has a good D2 lax/engineering combo!
thoughtbot

Post by thoughtbot »

Adelphi has a joint degree program with Columbia. Adelphi for 3-4 years and Columbia for another 2. https://catalog.adelphi.edu/preview_pro ... turnto=956
LaxDad42

Post by LaxDad42 »

Scramb wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 1:14 pm Who recommends a good D2 school foe engineering we should target for our 2025 please?

And thanks!
For the best engineering degree with no "dual" program I'd say Alabama-Huntsville. They announced a new College of Engineering building last year and it looks impressive. They are also the only Carnegie Institute rated R1 in all of D2 that I can see. I haven't been to Huntsville myself, but some friends tell me good things when they visit for work.

Again, no first hand experience, just also looking into engineering schools for our family's 2026. She wants to work for NASA so Florida Tech, ERAU, and UAH are on her list to visit this summer.

Best of luck!
droliver

Post by droliver »

How many of those programs can you actually major in engineering and play varsity lacrosse though?

At most of the better programs, the schedules are pretty incompatible with engineering as I understand it. I do know that FL-Tech and Alabama-Huntsville (UAH) both tend to have a number of engineering majors. UAH also tends to have a number of Canadians on their roster FWIW

Return to “D2 MENS LACROSSE”