Way too early Final Four

D1 Mens Lacrosse
livelovelax

Way too early Final Four

Post by livelovelax »

Who do you have going to the final four in Philly? Any sleepers?
joewillie78

Re: Way too early Final Four

Post by joewillie78 »

Cornell
Syracuse
Virginia
Duke

Gobigred
Joewillie78
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

Duke
ND
Maryland
Virginia

Yeesh... let's try that again and try for a breakthrough...

Duke
ND
Maryland
Army
Turnandrake

Post by Turnandrake »

livelovelax wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 7:22 pm Who do you have going to the final four in Philly? Any sleepers?
Duke
PSU
Army
4th seed …..wide open
coda

Post by coda »

Duke, PSU, Uva, Army
Terpslax1991

Post by Terpslax1991 »

Maryland
Duke
UVA
?
Mr3Putt

Post by Mr3Putt »

So, ND is not a F4 team in 24’? Why not? Kavanugh, Entemann, along w transfers are back. Didn’t Penn st lose a lot? Army has to score to win in Quarters to advance…. Can they?
coda

Post by coda »

Mr3Putt wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:39 am So, ND is not a F4 team in 24’? Why not? Kavanugh, Entemann, along w transfers are back. Didn’t Penn st lose a lot? Army has to score to win in Quarters to advance…. Can they?
PSU brings back 6 of their top 8 pts leaders from last year, including TJ Malone
Bring back one of the best goalies in the country in Fraycon.
Biggest stumbling block maybe the health of Posey. How long does it take him to get back to top form?
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Mr3Putt wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:39 am So, ND is not a F4 team in 24’? Why not? Kavanugh, Entemann, along w transfers are back. Didn’t Penn st lose a lot? Army has to score to win in Quarters to advance…. Can they?
ND loses some key pieces, particular on D and in the middle of the field: Fake, Conlin, Tevlin, McCahon, Boyer. That's also a big chunk out of their leadership core. That said, sure, they are still a Final Four caliber team, but I think people don't like picking the same team the year after they win.

Penn State's two big losses are Jack Traynor and Kevin Winkoff — their second and third leading scorers in 2023. Defenseman Jack Posey's health is also a question mark after he tore up his knee in the NCAA tournament. They return pretty much everyone else.
Powellfan22

Post by Powellfan22 »

coda wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:54 am
PSU brings back 6 of their top 8 pts leaders from last year, including TJ Malone
Biggest stumbling block maybe the health of Posey. How long does it take him to get back to top form?
Faceoffs might also be an issue. They were below 50% last year, and didn't bring in anyone new.
coda

Post by coda »

Powellfan22 wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:05 am
coda wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:54 am
Faceoffs might also be an issue. They were below 50% last year, and didn't bring in anyone new.
I kind of took that as a positive for 2024. They finished 56th of 72 teams in faceoffs percentage and still were a missed call from the championship game. I can not imagine that gets any worse and it something that could improve. Even getting to mediocre would be a big positive for the team. I should add that any possible faceoff rule changes would benefit teams like Penn State and Syracuse and hurt teams like Duke, Michigan, and Army. Volatility is good for teams that struggled. I also had to put a Big 10 team. I wouldnt be surprised if the Big 10 got 2 teams in the final four. I think the league will be very good again and likely a bloodbath during the season.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Penn State is all in on UNC transfer Chase Mullins at FO.
His 1st full season last year, so, of course they’re hoping they got the top IL rated FO man they think they got, this year.
livelovelax

Post by livelovelax »

Penn State
Duke
Cornell
Rutgers
molo

Post by molo »

Same as last year with Maryland the most likely to replace one of them. The three ACC teams were really close last year, and PSU returns plenty from an exciting team. I like the same four to repeat but can see the Terps climbing back.
Mr3Putt

Post by Mr3Putt »

Terps are always a factor. But , 48% from Ruppell is not going to work. MD doesn’t live that way . Good up the middle has fed this program for ten years. Goaltending & faceoffs.
coda

Post by coda »

molo wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:47 pm Same as last year with Maryland the most likely to replace one of them. The three ACC teams were really close last year, and PSU returns plenty from an exciting team. I like the same four to repeat but can see the Terps climbing back.
Little surprised people are mentioning Maryland and nobody has mentioned Hopkins. Maryland ended the year as the 4th best Big10 team. I do think they are dangerous, but I think Hopkins is has a chance to make noise also. Penn State the favorite, but I would not be shocked to see Hopkins or Michigan make a run to the final four.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Georgetown
UMD
JHU
Rutgers
Then Duke

Oh wait, that's not my final four. That's Loyola's first five weeks of the season. Yipes.

:shock:
coda

Post by coda »

kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:13 am Georgetown
UMD
JHU
Rutgers
Then Duke

Oh wait, that's not my final four. That's Loyola's first five weeks of the season. Yipes.

Doesnt Gtown lose a ton? (Dordevic, Minicus, Solomon, Kelly, Bowen, and Reilly (fogo))
Last edited by coda on Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
ChopMan23

Post by ChopMan23 »

UVA
ND
HOP
Cornell
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

coda wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:22 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:13 am Georgetown
UMD
JHU
Rutgers
Then Duke

Doesnt Gtown lose a ton? (Dordevic, Minicus, Solomon, Kelly, and Reilly (fogo))
Yes indeed. That is the team with the biggest question marks.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”