Lynchburg 2024

D3 Mens Lacrosse
BigMoose9

Re: Lynchburg 2024

Post by BigMoose9 »

Excited for the game against CNU Saturday night. Both teams are not quite playing to the level we thought they would be, but the season is not even halfway done yet. With the veteran experience both teams have they can make deep runs into May. These teams are not unfamiliar with playing OT games against one another. Wouldn’t be surprised if we see another one come Saturday.
MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

Watched CNU play Dickinson and man, they just got rolling in that 2nd quarter. Great ball movement. Transition game was fantastic. Nothing the Red Devils could do. When their offense is hot, they could beat anyone. I feel the same way about the Bugs. CNU's season will rest on how they play against the Gulls, two or three times. Bugs have more problems in the ODAC. W&L and Noke are playing really well. Watching the HSU game against Cabrini, they are no slouch either. We'll learn more about RMC when the Generals roll through. Both squads still have everything in front of them.
Laxguy703

Post by Laxguy703 »

As a CNU Homer, I have to say your midfield is absolutely terrifying. All top three guys have the ability to go for 6+ points on any given day. Curios to see what we throw at you guys as we try to contain them as best as we can.

This game is going to be fun one. Out of the last 5 matchups, 3 of them have came down to OT and I would not be surprised to see that happen again this weekend.
Dehuntshigwa’es

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

CNU is not the powerhouse I had been expecting this year. Still a very strong team but not in the discussion with Salisbury, RIT and Tufts. Not sure of the issue but that squad should be every bit as dominant as the 3 I mentioned. Thinking this CNU/ Lynchburg will be close
Laxattackjack

Post by Laxattackjack »

Dehuntshigwa’es wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:11 pm CNU is not the powerhouse I had been expecting this year. Still a very strong team but not in the discussion with Salisbury, RIT and Tufts. Not sure of the issue but that squad should be every bit as dominant as the 3 I mentioned. Thinking this CNU/ Lynchburg will be close
it is tough to say if there are really any power house teams this year.
CNU dominated Dickinson then struggles against St Lawrence
St Lawrence had tough games vs Nazareth, York and SJF but takes care of CNU
RIT had a back and forth tough game vs 2-5 York, then controlled Tufts
W&L easily beats Gettysburg, then losses to Stevenson
looks like everyone can be beat this year. Even Salisbury has shown signs of struggles
aroundtheoutside

Post by aroundtheoutside »

In their two losses, FO play and Goalkeeping were both terrible for CNU. That's shocking as Cabaniss and Hanway are usually among the best in the country. How are the Hornets facing off this year?

I think Cabaniss will be fine and figure it out. As for goalie--Hanway got pulled in both losses for freshman keeper Declan McCulloch, who has looked good and provided a spark when he's come in. I wouldn't be shocked if he starts this game.

I'm a fan of fun, exciting lacrosse games first and foremost, so I wouldn't be mad to see another OT thriller between these two rivals. I could be wrong but I thought I saw that Alex Brendes has three OT game winners against Lynchburg in his career. Could he get a fourth?

Given the history between the two teams, I expect a ton of energy and physicality out of the gate. The team that keeps their composure could be the one that takes it.

I'm also a fan of the South. So regardless of the outcome, I'm rooting for both these squads to go deep in the tourney this year.
Nothinbutthelax

Post by Nothinbutthelax »

LC running at 52.8% FO.. doubling Kraus has been successful but he carries a little better this year.. I know he’s chopping at the bit for this game.
Brendes- the dead fish flop on his OT winner in front of LC bench couple years back ... can still taste that.. Hope LYN is running a loop of that all week in the locker room..
Should be a barn burner!
MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

Laxattackjack wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:23 pm
Dehuntshigwa’es wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:11 pm CNU is not the powerhouse I had been expecting this year. Still a very strong team but not in the discussion with Salisbury, RIT and Tufts. Not sure of the issue but that squad should be every bit as dominant as the 3 I mentioned. Thinking this CNU/ Lynchburg will be close
it is tough to say if there are really any power house teams this year.
CNU dominated Dickinson then struggles against St Lawrence
St Lawrence had tough games vs Nazareth, York and SJF but takes care of CNU
RIT had a back and forth tough game vs 2-5 York, then controlled Tufts
W&L easily beats Gettysburg, then losses to Stevenson
looks like everyone can be beat this year. Even Salisbury has shown signs of struggles
Will make for some exciting tournaments (Conferences and NCAA).
aroundtheoutside wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:58 pm
Given the history between the two teams, I expect a ton of energy and physicality out of the gate. The team that keeps their composure could be the one that takes it.
Preach! I think that's a key factor in most of these high level contests. Can you absorb the "gamesmanship" and still execute?
Dehuntshigwa’es

Unless Hadley goes off and goes 60% plus I think CNU will pull this out
Dehuntshigwa’es

Hadley has been the difference 17 saves only let up 4 goals thru 3 Qtrs. He can steal a game for you
Nothinbutthelax

Post by Nothinbutthelax »

Defenses and both goalies played great.
That last call in the crease disappointing. Felt the game between the restraining lines and then 4th Q FO’s went CNU’s way..
Great atmosphere, great game !

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”