Lynchburg 2024

D3 Mens Lacrosse
Laxdds

Re: Lynchburg 2024

Post by Laxdds »

I am really looking forward to the Gettysburg / Lynchburg opener! Both teams come out of the gate with some tough games:
Gettysburg- (Lynchburg, Salisbury, Stevenson, W&L, Denison, Amherst....York)
Lynchburg- (Gettysburg, Cabrini Salisbury, Denison, Stevenson......CNU)

Both should be battle tested for league play
GO BULLETS
Nothinbutthelax

Post by Nothinbutthelax »

Been in the works now confirmed.
LYN v Amherst 3/30 @ UPenn neutral site.
LILaxGuy08

Post by LILaxGuy08 »

DAMN - really like Lynchburg this year. Feels like their 2014 run to the National Championship game - crazy hard schedule and serious studs on both sides of the ball. Cant wait to hear how do vs UVA in the first scrimmage.
MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

I like your chances. CNU and Gulls seem to be the teams to beat. Hope y'all are healthy, culturally sound, and peaking come May.

Also, extremely appreciative of Coach K keeping Cabrini on the schedule.
Nothinbutthelax

Spot on MVP. Have to stay health. High expectations (again..)
Cabrini on Shelly is a welcome stop on a nostalgic farewell tour.
ODACtionEmpire

Post by ODACtionEmpire »

First glimpses of the 2024 season starting up have rolled out on social...
The new turf looks like it is ready for the season. Shellenberger got a bit of a facelift but don't think it's anything crazy. Would look good for hosting the ODAC Championship :D

With the firepower coming back, one can only look at this roster and think that anything less than a perfect ODAC record is less than desirable. We'll see what W&L looks like, but other than that there shouldn't be any real threats to LYN.
MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

Lynchburg faithful. As this will likely be the last time I get to watch Cabrini play you all, I just want to say thank you. Coach K is a gem. We appreciate his steadfast nature, commitment to the men, and the way he keeps the main thing the main thing. Regardless of the outcome of today's contest, I'll be rooting for you the rest of the way and in the seasons to come. Appreciate you!
Nothinbutthelax

Classy MVP. Shellenburger will miss Cabrini.
Good luck, rooting for the Cavs.
BigMoose9

Post by BigMoose9 »

Is there an update on Mitchell’s injury? How long is he out for? Hate to see a 5th year of his caliber have to miss games.
Nothinbutthelax

Big day for the Bugs tomorrow at Salisbury.
? On Riley Mitchell. He wasn’t dressed but fully engaged and active on the sidelines vs. Cabrini. Hoping concussion protocol ?? and he’s in shape and plays. #35 is a quick jitterbug who has been running 1st line. Looked good but Da Gulls are a different animal for a freshman if Mitchel still out.

Coach K ran all Freshman 2nd line mid. Vs Cabrini
#14 - Liam Holman with size and great shot
#31 - Cole Oprandi
#42 - Ash Cam
They had some production.

LSM
- grad #28 Dylan Schuster did not play. Don’t know if injured? - #44 had seen plenty of times past 2 years. Excellent on GBs
And excellent in close D.
-6’4 Freshman Mak Krohn played well. Has range.

SSDM again has injuries.
#52- Meadows was the starter but injured early at Gettysburg. Status unknown.
#40 Brockman also DNP. Both guys are sophs..
Coach K platooned 3 SSDM groups.
1: converted Mids. #2 Sr. Grant Voight and #5 Grad. Mitchell. They both were productive offense pieces last year. Never played SSDM. Great athletes with experience.. Voight is a pit bull and is wing in FO.
2: 6’3 200 lbs Soph. Parker Sealy. Hurt last year. Thought he would be 2nd Mid for sure and Soph #30 Gabe Manchaca also a converted O mid. who saw a lot of time last year..Big strong 5’11 205 lbs. kid.
3: #21 Jr. Zacharias who played a ton last year, fast of a cheetah and #53 Jr. Alex Blanchard, big 6’2 200 lbs great athlete.
2 goals came from SSDMs. Clears improved and maybe with another week of practice they have greener light to stay on in transition causing sub issues and mismatch’s.. I like it…

Weather looks wet but not to cold. My bugs are underdogs and away but get up for Salisbury like no other. D has to be stout and Hadley need maybe 20 saves. Hoping for a win in a close one 13-12.
Dehuntshigwa’es

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

Good luck NBL ! This is the time of year to take Salisbury down. Last years game may have gone to OT but it was all because of Hadley he was tremendous, while the Gulls goalie struggled. Hope some people who have been out and maybe saved for this game are at full strength. Not sure what I picked up from the Gburg game. They just looked out of sync, I’m sure Coach K has worked out the kinks by now
Nothinbutthelax

U2 vs. Denison. Emotions will be high. Koch has done a great job. I like W&L chances.

2 good ole chess matches

LYN travel to Gettysburg had the team at the PLL game to watch Rogers the night before. 1st road trip with a large freshman class and 58 man roster. Great to look back on as bonding, not so much for focus.. and it was freezing.
No excuse but they sux in freezing cold, too much southern blood. Like last year at Tufts in the snow they should have left the bravado in Lynchburg and bundled up..

They will be all over Rust and Dylan Wolfe. Production will have to come from Attack and hopefully transition. SSDMs, the new old school 2 way middies.
LAXDADGUILFORD

Post by LAXDADGUILFORD »

NBL. Love your analysis. Very excited to watch this game today. Think Lynchburg will run a bunch of legs. Like you mentioned, SSDM has a position of flux for Lyn so far this year, but stalwarts Luke M., Cole Z. Alex B. (could name a bunch of d-middies) will get most of the run if I had to guess. Converted O-middies Grant V., Ian M., Parker S., Gabe M. offer a great transition threat, and the ability to stay on offense and not allow Salisbury to sub off their offensive personnel… really a fan of this move. Like you said GVoigt is an athlete and I believe one of the best 2-way middies on the squad.

Excited to watch the Hornets today… going to be a great game. I expect the defense and Hadley will play great today. Last years overtime loss is surely sitting unwell in their minds. Could be the last time many of them play Salisbury
Nothinbutthelax

Well, the clears got worse.
Sloppy both ways but mostly LYN.. geez.
Both defenses are stout.
Ramsom solid in goal, especially in 4th and Defazio is very good, all over the place..
Keeping pounding the rock.
MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

Clearing usually suffers this time of year. I don't think they were out of the game in any other area. Clean that up and who knows what this squad can accomplish. Defazio is a terror.
LaxGuru27

Post by LaxGuru27 »

Anyone care to explain whats going on with Lynchburg? 3-3 after 6 games didn't see that coming
HomerCoach

Post by HomerCoach »

LaxGuru27 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:41 am Anyone care to explain whats going on with Lynchburg? 3-3 after 6 games didn't see that coming
Lost to 3 excellent teams.
Nothinbutthelax

No rest for LYN. @ CNU Saturday night and Amhurst then W&L comes to Shelly for what may be home field for the tourney..?
Talent is there but no flow. Saw what they could do 2nd Q / 1sr half Stevenson. Can they match that effort every game. Maybe less choreographed goal celebrations and more matter of fact, no mercy mentality?
FO’s and D don’t have Darminio creating chaos. Clearing hurting without him too.
Hadley % down and that 3rd pole still up in air.
They will learn and bond and come out swinging.
Cyborg Reticulan

Post by Cyborg Reticulan »

Nothinbutthelax wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:23 pm No rest for LYN. @ CNU Saturday night and Amhurst then W&L comes to Shelly for what may be home field for the tourney..?
Talent is there but no flow. Saw what they could do 2nd Q / 1sr half Stevenson. Can they match that effort every game. Maybe less choreographed goal celebrations and more matter of fact, no mercy mentality?
FO’s and D don’t have Darminio creating chaos. Clearing hurting without him too.
Hadley % down and that 3rd pole still up in air.
They will learn and bond and come out swinging.
I would like to point out that the 3rd pole Conner Harlacher is hurt and saw him with a boot on the sideline but still going crazy nonetheless. Very unfortunate situation for him as he was creating havoc and really pieced that defense together.
Nothinbutthelax

Harlacher earned it and thought he settled into that spot.. Urlrichs stepped in and was baptized at Mustang. Now has tons of film and will improve..
Bumpy road so far. Stay healthy and their best lacrosse is ahead of them. Hopefully it arrives when W&L comes over 4/6.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”