W&L 2024

D3 Mens Lacrosse
Laxattackjack

Re: W&L 2024

Post by Laxattackjack »

Dehuntshigwa’es wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:16 am DeepPocket and Asgot can’t a fan inbibe on his own home page. I’m kicking you both back to York’s turf. 😂.. I was certainly aware of the moment when Blackmon stole the cheese. The box score credits him w 2 gb and 2 CTO’s on your stat sheet I still think 7 pts is a solid first game against a returning 5th year AA last season.
I was addressing these comments to the partisan folk at W&L. Thought it was another great game as have so many of these contests have been…How about that Spano kid winning it to himself 15x or at least that’s how many gbs he had. I think the number was 15/28 .536 against Beast Mode , Facciponti 63% last season AA and now a 5th year player…That was the most important take away I had from this game . W&L now has Bou and Spano that will be a tough combination as the season wears on.
you are not the only one that noticed what happed at X. some of us also noticed with happed at X vs RPI. not knocking either of the kids. but something is off.
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

Dehuntshigwa’es wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:16 am DeepPocket and Asgot can’t a fan inbibe on his own home page. I’m kicking you both back to York’s turf. 😂.. I was certainly aware of the moment when Blackmon stole the cheese. The box score credits him w 2 gb and 2 CTO’s on your stat sheet I still think 7 pts is a solid first game against a returning 5th year AA last season.
I was addressing these comments to the partisan folk at W&L. Thought it was another great game as have so many of these contests have been…How about that Spano kid winning it to himself 15x or at least that’s how many gbs he had. I think the number was 15/28 .536 against Beast Mode , Facciponti 63% last season AA and now a 5th year player…That was the most important take away I had from this game . W&L now has Bou and Spano that will be a tough combination as the season wears on.
You seem to be on the York page quite a bit, but that is fine. Your FOGO did well and will be a bright spot for you down the road, as he was excellent in winning the ball for himself. but Vinny did end up at 50%.
RussianTroll

Post by RussianTroll »

How did we win by this weekend boys?
RE6ULATOR

Post by RE6ULATOR »

RE6ULATOR wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:24 pm
Dehuntshigwa’es wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:40 pm they will tighten up their coverages and improve their slide packages. Don’t think they’ve even scratched the surface at what they will be.

Demographics will and are shifting in favor of W&L
Let’s hope. So as a program fan, you feel confident that they are improving, despite the similar outcomes? (30-13 before 22’/ 30-13 after, opening loss, etc)
Standing by this take. They will likely be 2-1 when they finally face Denison at home. A loss to them would put w&l at a .500 start. I doubt the assistant said in his interview that he would not advance the program in the win/loss column. The time has come to show something. Definite hot seat moment.
goodshotswillgo

Post by goodshotswillgo »

I don't understand why Denison is a hot seat moment for the assistant? It feels as though the program is trending in the right direction despite what 30-13 seemingly suggests. W&L is in much more competitive place in 2023 and now 2024 than pre-22. 2023 was their best year since maybe 2012? They went 18-5, and those five losses were quality losses except for the 4OT loss to HSC (Gettysburg, CNU, Lynchburg in OT, Salisbury in NCAA Qfinal). In 2021, the OCC was CNU, York and an extra Lynchburg game. 2023 felt like a significant year and an indicator of future success with a lot of young talent playing key roles.
Dehuntshigwa’es

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

W&L takes on Bridgewater this Wednesday after which the rubber meets the road. They go 3/3 Denison, 3/9 Gettysburg, 3/15 RIT 3/16 Stevenson. Generals have 4 games in 13 days, a top 20 team and 2 top 10 teams. These games will be a big part in how to think about the rest of the season. I’d assume by Denison, this D will have come together, they are giving up more goals than I’d have hoped. If they can solidify the D it’s possible they may not only have an edge but a significant edge against both Denison and Gettysburg which will be close games in the face off department. Worst case is 2/2 during that 13 day stretch maybe 3/1 if they can steal one.
On another front can the freshman crack the top 225 in face off wins this season getting him on the top 5 all time list for a season. 447 wins would get you on the career list . How about hitting .610 pct in career wins taking 547 out of 337 attempts must be the new math 🤔. Gallagher holds that unique record
easymoneysniper

Post by easymoneysniper »

Now that we're past Bwater, any chatter on the upcoming matchup vs. The Big Red? There should be! McCabe vs. Koch is certainly at the front of everyone's mind, but what else is in the latest iteration of this non-conference "rivalry." It could've been classified as such when the away team took the matchup each year from 2012 - 2018, but Denison has won 4 of 5, 5 of 7, and 8 of 12. Ouch.

Anyone else feel as though these programs are like two ships in the night? Denison has a recent trip to the final four and was a legit NC contender. Now, they've been thumped 22-8 by a NC contender (RIT) and were unimpressive against Albion (who?). On the other hand, W&L is coming off its deepest run since early 2000s and seem to have a bunch of pieces. Then again, they started the season by falling to York... again. Just some forum fodder.

Any predictions? My bet: W&L wins 16-13. Luke Fisher (who's father is a W&L grad) still nets 4 in the loss. Looking forward to the game, and the subsequent, ever-dangerous, score comparison game as we approach RIT. Finally, Denison's new jerseys miss the mark.
Dehuntshigwa’es

Not just Denison but 4 games in 13 days. Much about the season may be determined right here. All 4 teams are top 20….Coming out of this playing .500 might be ok. My hope is 3 out of 4 stealing a game. I don’t believe they can beat RIT but you never know. These are the games coming up where not so much the points but the experience where they may miss Pokorny, high IQ player. Hoping the Generals lean hard on their 2 top fogo’s and see who has the hot hand. Like to see the D play a really hard, smart game. Let’s see if they can keep Denison under 10. Let’s see who steps up and puts the team on their back
Devil4Life

Post by Devil4Life »

easymoneysniper wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:33 pm Now that we're past Bwater, any chatter on the upcoming matchup vs. The Big Red? There should be! McCabe vs. Koch is certainly at the front of everyone's mind, but what else is in the latest iteration of this non-conference "rivalry." It could've been classified as such when the away team took the matchup each year from 2012 - 2018, but Denison has won 4 of 5, 5 of 7, and 8 of 12. Ouch.

Anyone else feel as though these programs are like two ships in the night? Denison has a recent trip to the final four and was a legit NC contender. Now, they've been thumped 22-8 by a NC contender (RIT) and were unimpressive against Albion (who?). On the other hand, W&L is coming off its deepest run since early 2000s and seem to have a bunch of pieces. Then again, they started the season by falling to York... again. Just some forum fodder.

Any predictions? My bet: W&L wins 16-13. Luke Fisher (who's father is a W&L grad) still nets 4 in the loss. Looking forward to the game, and the subsequent, ever-dangerous, score comparison game as we approach RIT. Finally, Denison's new jerseys miss the mark.
Luke Fisher is one of the best young men I have ever met. His parents are topnotch!
valaxfan

Post by valaxfan »

easymoneysniper wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:33 pm Now that we're past Bwater, any chatter on the upcoming matchup vs. The Big Red? There should be! McCabe vs. Koch is certainly at the front of everyone's mind, but what else is in the latest iteration of this non-conference "rivalry." It could've been classified as such when the away team took the matchup each year from 2012 - 2018, but Denison has won 4 of 5, 5 of 7, and 8 of 12. Ouch.

On paper, W&L should win but you've heard that before. This game is always tough to predict. Fisher is a force for them. For the Gennies, offensively, they have the players and have shown they can score. Defensively, they are learning to play with each other. I am not well versed on the goalie situation other than from an outsider, looking in, its not the same as last few years, not much college game experience. As far as Gettysburg, they are playing well already, and playing them there, its never positive for the Gennies. RIT, i don't see Gennies winning that based on how well RIT is playing already, hope I am wrong on both those games. Stevie is playing well too so that game is a toss up. I will say this, Ethan Cohen, Gennies SSDM, is playing like a 1st Team AA already. He should be on the Generals football team as a punt returner, with his speed, he's been as advertised so far. Spano has been a positive spark so far. NOTE: Gennies missing a key LSM from last year, Brian Barringer. This has given freshmen Ryan Donahoe and Jeremy Horne much needed game experience. Are we as good as last year at this point, probably not, but we have the players to be as good, or better. Good Luck to Coach McCabe and the team through these next 4 games.

valaxfan
Dehuntshigwa’es

Gennies aren’t in must win territory it’s too early in the season. Having said that they need a minimum of .500 ball over the next 4 games or they could be at risk for a tournament bid unless they win the ODAC championship. Hoping they make it easier on the fans, get focused and take each game one at a time, just beat what is in front of you. These next 13 days with 4 games will be a whirlwind. Best of luck to the boys from Lex
Jumbo

Post by Jumbo »

Dehuntshigwa’es wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:05 am Gennies aren’t in must win territory it’s too early in the season. Having said that they need a minimum of .500 ball over the next 4 games or they could be at risk for a tournament bid unless they win the ODAC championship. Hoping they make it easier on the fans, get focused and take each game one at a time, just beat what is in front of you. These next 13 days with 4 games will be a whirlwind. Best of luck to the boys from Lex
today is definitely a must win for W&L. i expect them to win by double digits. i think they beat Gettysburg. should give RIT a good game. i would be worried about stevenson home for the classic. i really think they can go 3-1 on this 4 game run.
W&Lacrosse75

Post by W&Lacrosse75 »

I may be wrong. I usually hate to be wrong. But in this case, I do hope I am wrong. But I am watching W&L, whether they win or lose today, struggle mightily against a team that is nowhere near the caliber of most of the teams they will play in the next several weeks. In other words, their coaches may have created a gauntlet that can be described as "biting off more than they can chew." I pray that it won't come back to bite them, but there is a fine line between being "battle tested" and "destroyed in battle. In addition, they may have lost Joey Allen and his speed to a leg injury.
Dehuntshigwa’es

Big loss if Joey Allen is out for a prolonged period of time. Impressed by Spano coming back from a slow start going 5-1,in the 4th I thought he was MVP…Nice to see both Beatty and Cohen out there as Ssdm w 6 min to play. Spano iced it with the win at roughly 2:32. De Cain played well showed some guts dropping that half field dime in the 4th. 1 down 3 to go.
Faxlax

Post by Faxlax »

Good comeback when they really needed it. Rookie goalie played well and the defense tightened up in the 4th.

Allen injury does not look good--he seemed to be in real pain, Good luck for a speedy recovery.
Dehuntshigwa’es

On to Gburg, glad to see the W posted against Denison. Watched the Gburg / Lburg game earlier this year. By that measure, Lburg looked out of sync while Gettysburg looked ready to go from the first whistle. Gennies will have to bring their A game and regret to say the need for a BIG game will be required from the freshman Spano and De Cain. Spano played great in the 4th qtr when the game was on the line, ( Gburg may be soft at the dot) No bigger supporter of the Ssdm group but saw one player I thought gave up 2 softballs where he normally makes the play. 1st qtr early and the other in the 4th. This is winnable but will need an effort comparable to the York game. Unless goal and D have a big game and Spano goes off playing make it take it not sure Gennies can hold them under 12. Allen if out is a significant loss. Certainly hope the Gennies pull this off. Liked Cohen taking the ball behind on a shorty looked like he’d be doing that all his life. If he gets that match up again here I’d hope he has the green light
Nothinbutthelax

Post by Nothinbutthelax »

I like W&L chances.
Burns is a main reason.. love his game. Patient and a finisher’s. Jack Elliot took it to next level this year. Hope Allen is OK.
I thought Cohen look very strong, especially in 4th when he shut down the shorty behind.. The kid it worth a couple goals a game..
It is early and sloppy play is still evident. Looking forward to Big games coming up and seeing W&L at Mustang!
W&Lacrosse75

Post by W&Lacrosse75 »

It is W&L vs Gettysburg week, with the women’s team also playing them, but at home.

I agree with all that you have said. If they can take care of the ball and stay out of the penalty box, in addition to creating turnovers and getting solid goalie play, they will take pressure off of the offense and have a good shot at a win.

Given that they will still face RIT, Stevenson, HSC, Lynchburg, Roanoke and Randolph Macon, grabbing this one would be a much needed confidence builder.
valaxfan

Post by valaxfan »

W&Lacrosse75 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:53 pm It is W&L vs Gettysburg week, with the women’s team also playing them, but at home.

I agree with all that you have said. If they can take care of the ball and stay out of the penalty box, in addition to creating turnovers and getting solid goalie play, they will take off of the offense and have a good shot at a win.

Given that they will still face RIT, Stevenson, HSC, Lynchburg, Roanoke and Randolph Macon, grabbing this one would be a much needed confidence builder.
Watched Gettysburg vs Salisbury and then Stevenson. Then, watched the Gennies vs Denison. If the Gennies play like the did in the 4th quarter, even with Allen out, I think the Gettysburg game is very winnable. There was great intensity in the defense and that is what wins games for W&L. I like the combo of #32 and #57 on defense. There was thought that #32 might play 2nd Midfield, would be interesting to see that happen but he could be too valuable on defense for that to take place. This is a huge chance for next man up to replace Allen.

valaxfan
W&Lacrosse75

Post by W&Lacrosse75 »

I think that Ott may replace Allen. He’s capable, but not quite as dynamic.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”